1yr Base salary

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:04 pm
Can someone explain to me why players in the 1st year of the contract when J-rich and Murphy and Dun-Dun weren't tradable in the 1st year of their contracts? So, that means the AB and Monta won't be tradable till the 2nd yr of their contracts.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:29 pm
J-Rich wrote:Can someone explain to me why players in the 1st year of the contract when J-rich and Murphy and Dun-Dun weren't tradable in the 1st year of their contracts? So, that means the AB and Monta won't be tradable till the 2nd yr of their contracts.

im not sure i understand your question...but either way it doesnt matter cuz biedrins and monta are both past the second year of their contract anywayz.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:35 pm
If Monta and AB are resigned to lucrative $$$. Why wasn't it that Jason and Murphy couldn't be dealt in their first year of the contract extensions?

Let's say that Monta or AB are used as potential trade options since their salaries will be much larger. Can they be dealt within that 1st yr?

I remember when J-rich, Murphy and Dun couldn't be dealt because they were in the 1st yr of the contract extensions...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:28 am
EMan32 wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Can someone explain to me why players in the 1st year of the contract when J-rich and Murphy and Dun-Dun weren't tradable in the 1st year of their contracts? So, that means the AB and Monta won't be tradable till the 2nd yr of their contracts.

im not sure i understand your question...but either way it doesnt matter cuz biedrins and monta are both past the second year of their contract anywayz.

I think He's talking about the BYC (base year compensation) players, which happens during the first year of their new contracts after their rookie contracts are up. In other words, in the first year of Bean's and Monta's extensions.

Those players are perfectly tradable (we did with with Dun), but the salary of the player is considered to be his previous one or 50% of that first year salary, whichever is bigger.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:29 pm
well I wouldn't know why we'd think about trading beans or ellis unless we're given a huge gift.

Return to Trades