San Jose Sabercats

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:44 pm
Anyone ever been to a Sabercats game?

My son's spring fundraiser was on Friday night and one of the auctions I won was tickets to a Sabercats game. Never been to an arena game before and dont really follow the sport but thought it sounded fun.

Anyone give me a glimpse of what I am in for?
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:37 pm
What are these guys Bada (sport?)...........never heard of them. :oops:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:46 pm
They are Arena Football, an offtake of the NFL. They win the title every year, it seems.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:51 pm
bada wrote:Anyone ever been to a Sabercats game?

My son's spring fundraiser was on Friday night and one of the auctions I won was tickets to a Sabercats game. Never been to an arena game before and dont really follow the sport but thought it sounded fun.

It is the NFL with no defense. Expect high scoring. Getting hit into the walls means out of bounce I think. And fans CAN interfere LEGALLY by catching the ball or swatting it away when the ball is thrown their way.

Also, the AFL ain't all that bad. Some players come from there that played in the NFL. Kurt Warner is an example.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:50 am
I've watched a few of the games on ESPN and I like them. Really fast pace and like xbay said, really high scoring.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:22 am
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:Anyone ever been to a Sabercats game?

It is the NFL with no defense. Expect high scoring. Getting hit into the walls means out of bounce I think. And fans CAN interfere LEGALLY by catching the ball or swatting it away when the ball is thrown their way.

Also, the AFL ain't all that bad. Some players come from there that played in the NFL. Kurt Warner is an example.

Greg White is another. It's not usual, but some good players have made the leap to pro football from the AFL.

Still, it's not really a sport... more like show based on a sport.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:09 pm
so, going to this game on Saturday night? Nobody been to a Sabercat game?

How about the area around the arena itself? Anywhere good to get a bite to eat with the family (wife and two boys aged 7 and 3)?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:16 pm
bada wrote:so, going to this game on Saturday night? Nobody been to a Sabercat game?

How about the area around the arena itself? Anywhere good to get a bite to eat with the family (wife and two boys aged 7 and 3)?

I've been to one, and it's cool. The game takes pretty long though because of all the scoring. But it's pretty fun and a cool atmosphere, and the saberkittens are freakin hot.

As for food, i guess it depends on what you want to eat. Most people i think check out Henry's Hi Life right near the arena. What kinda place are you lookin for to take your family to?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:47 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bada wrote:so, going to this game on Saturday night? Nobody been to a Sabercat game?

I've been to one, and it's cool. The game takes pretty long though because of all the scoring. But it's pretty fun and a cool atmosphere, and the saberkittens are freakin hot.

As for food, i guess it depends on what you want to eat. Most people i think check out Henry's Hi Life right near the arena. What kinda place are you lookin for to take your family to?

Thanks for the response RobDIKUM.

Yeah, looking forward to checking out something new

As far as food goes, obivously something kid friendly. Just something clean and comfortable that has decent eats. Any good mexican places around?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:48 pm

Amici's is always a great call.

http://www.amicis.com/
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:58 pm
My buddy went to a game and said it was as such:

College Football + A Hockey Rink + 80's Hair Metal = Arena Football
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:17 am
Not sure of many place right near the arena. When I was at SJSU, there was a place La Victoria's on 4th and San Carlos that's really good, but i went by there bout 6 months ago and they were renovating or something. If it's there, thats a good spot. Most of the places i know are farther away from the arena. How far are you coming from Bada?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:28 am
RobDIKUM wrote:When I was at SJSU, there was a place La Victoria's on 4th and San Carlos that's really good, but i went by there bout 6 months ago and they were renovating or something.

The kitchen burned down last summer...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:41 am
sleandres wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:When I was at SJSU, there was a place La Victoria's on 4th and San Carlos that's really good, but i went by there bout 6 months ago and they were renovating or something.

Oh is that what happened?? well, i saw that there is another one on E. Santa Clara street, i guess near city hall. You should check it out Bada, orange sauce is good.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:43 am
sleandres wrote:

theyre open tho...i was just there not long ago. their sauce is on point!

...and if you dont wanna eat there, pizza my heart is right across the street. right next to the game stop. if you happen to walk into game stop and see two filipino guys workin (or even one of them for that matter) tell them E-Man says hi. haha
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to Sports Board