Unbelieveable Finish in the West - your predictions?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:50 pm
OK, with only 2 games left for most of the teams, there are 4 teams in the West that have a legitimate chance at the #1 seed:

Lakers 55-25 (San Antonio, Sacramento)
Hornets 55-25 (Clippers, @ Dallas)
Spurs 54-25 (@ Lakers, @ Sacramento, Utah)
Rockets 54-25 (@ Denver, @ Utah, Clippers)

Who do you think will win the West? The game tomorrow between the Lakers and Spurs will be a key piece of the equation. If San Antonio beats the Lakers, then I like the Hornets (who have the tiebreaker over both San Antonio and the Rockets). But if the Lakers beat the Spurs, then I like the Lakers.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:39 pm
Can't recall a tight conference finish like this one. The Warriors and Nuggets aren't exactly too far behind either

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:54 am
I think LA has a good chance of finishing 1st, and they won't let it slip. Winning against the Spurs is a key, obviously, but if they do, I don't think the Kings will spoil their party.

Of course, if they lose against the Spurs, the Hornets will take that spot.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:35 am
TMC wrote:I think LA has a good chance of finishing 1st, and they won't let it slip. Winning against the Spurs is a key, obviously, but if they do, I don't think the Kings will spoil their party.

Yeah, especially since Sac is without Kevin Martin and Brad Miler these days.....today's game between LA and San Antonio is huge.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:02 pm
TMC wrote:I think LA has a good chance of finishing 1st, and they won't let it slip. Winning against the Spurs is a key, obviously, but if they do, I don't think the Kings will spoil their party.

Don't forget: Rockets have the tiebreaker with LA...we could see Houston getting number 1.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:21 pm
kunu822 wrote:

Don't forget: Rockets have the tiebreaker with LA...we could see Houston getting number 1.

How perfect would that be? Us with the eight seed, possibly, with Houston as the first seed? That has upset written all over it.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:13 pm
yea Houston upsetting us :-o

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:25 pm
Lakers in the driver's seat now, with their win over San Antonio. They only have one game left, hosting Sacramento. Meanwhile, Houston losing at Denver, and even if Houston turns it around tonight (hopefully they do, for the Warriors' sake), Houston still has to play at Utah tomorrow night. Meanwhile, the Lakers have the tiebreaker over the Hornets, so even if the Hornets win out, they don't catch the Lakers.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:12 pm
With only one game left for all teams but New Orleans, there is a very real chance that there could be a 4-way tie for 3rd place in the West.

Houston and Phoenix both play at home (Houston vs Clippers, Phoenix vs Portland). It may not be easy, but both of those teams should probably win. The deciding game will be Utah at San Antonio. If Utah can beat the Spurs, then they could all end up tied. And interestingly, San Antonio would come in 4th out of 4 in the tiebreaker, so their final game means a great deal to the Spurs. If they win, they have 3rd place (or maybe even second, if New Orleans loses their final two). If the Spurs lose, they could drop all the way to sixth place.

For Utah, the game will determine whether or not they have homecourt advantage, which for the Jazz would seem to be huge (although Utah has been playing better on the road lately, particularly against good teams).

Return to NBA Forum