Baron for Brand?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Would you trade Baron Davis for Elton Brand?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 12

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:45 am
Alright, guys, I brought this up in the games thread, but I thought I would move it out of there, as it is its own point. I heard a bunch of fans calling in on KNBR looking to make a deal of Baron for Elton Brand. After seeing last nights game, I wouldnt mind this. Baron is not getting any younger and we need a good inside big man. We would need to go out and sign or draft a point guard for the next season, but Monta could also take over the game, if need be. Also, their salaries line up perfectly, so a straight up trade is possible.

Thoughts?
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:14 am
Ill bring over my reply from the game thread too.........just to keep it tidy. :wink:

I think the Clipps WOULD want Baron as they are missing that veteran PG/distributer.............but I think both teams (and both players, as they are real good friends) would want them both together.

Man, if we could package some salaries (Harrington and a sign and trade Pietrus) with some prospects (they un-doubtedly would want Brandan in exchange) and some picks maybe..........then Id take that in a second!!!............not sure Clipps would though.

But no, I would not trade Baron straight up for Brand.............Im sorry but they would be great together, as I said also they are great friends so probably wouldnt except the fact that could have played with each other vs being traded for each other.............and Baron, well I was thinking about this last night...........I never want to see him leave.

Baron has brought fun back to our basketball, he gave us that razzle dazzle, clutch shot making, passion, respect, swagger.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:08 pm
As usual bigs, I am in agreement. I would love to have Elton Brand on this team, but I think that Baron cannot be the guy to go. I really don't want to see Brandan Wright leave before we can even see what he can do, but for a player like Brand, I think you have to make that move (not to mention we could dump Al as well)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:48 pm
I'd do that trade in a nanosecond.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:52 pm
TMC wrote:I'd do that trade in a nanosecond.

Baron for Brand? or the what I put?
Last edited by bigstrads on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:49 pm
would never happen why? elton brand is going to opt out this offseason, and its possible that baron could, but he probably wont. if the warriors want brand, they'll throw a ton of cash at him. would have to move harrington tho to clear some capspace for monta and beans.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:39 pm
trade davis for brand let go of barnes pietrus to a draft day sign and trade for a 20-25 1st rnd pick and draft tyler smith and trade harrington and our current pick to grab eric gordon then sign free agents duhon/ariza/giricek
then draft taj gibson with the second rnd pick.

2008-2009 lineup

eric gordon
monta ellis
steven jackson
elton brand
andres biedrins

duhon
belinelli
t smith
ariza
giricek
wright
perovic
gibson
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:28 pm
ceddy wrote:would never happen why? elton brand is going to opt out this offseason, and its possible that baron could, but he probably wont. if the warriors want brand, they'll throw a ton of cash at him. would have to move harrington tho to clear some capspace for monta and beans.

Something tells me that we may dump Harrington's contract, re-sign only Monta, and throw money at Elton Brand to bring him here if he opts out. I don't know, but I have a funny feeling that could happen ONLY if Harrington's contract is dumped and Biedrins is not re-signed. But then again, maybe there's a possible deal in the works for Elton at the same time.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:59 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:I'd do that trade in a nanosecond.

Baron for Brand? or the what I put?

Baron for Brand. I think the Clips would reject yours. Baron gives them a local star to put fans in the stands and inmediately fits a big need.

Your trade only works for us, because they'd get Brandan, but you'd also ruin their cap space with average players (at best).
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:04 pm
Mista, we dont need eric gordon at all. I think we should look at westrbrook if we get a point guard.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:25 pm
jimbob631 wrote:Mista, we dont need eric gordon at all. I think we should look at westrbrook if we get a point guard.

i been a warriors fan since 1990 how many years of feeling like the warriors were always short handed with solid players at best we need
to get this young superstar and yes we do need him especially comming
of the bench westbrook would be good for us but i'm tired of drafting need over real talent how can real talent and a future allstar type player
hurt us?
Clifford Rozier rememer him?

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:19 pm
mista240sx wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:Mista, we dont need eric gordon at all. I think we should look at westrbrook if we get a point guard.

i been a warriors fan since 1990 how many years of feeling like the warriors were always short handed with solid players at best we need
to get this young superstar and yes we do need him especially comming
of the bench westbrook would be good for us but i'm tired of drafting need over real talent how can real talent and a future allstar type player
hurt us?

eric gordon would backup monta and thats it. unless monta somehow developed full PG abilities. eric gordon is a scorer...but as a replacement for baron?? naw...sorry bro...not with you on this one. there are better options for us in the draft than eric gordon (who wont be available at our pick)
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Return to Trades