Game Thread: Warriors @ Phoenix Suns 2008-04-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors keep their playoff hopes alive in Phoenix?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:00 pm

YES
83%
NO
17%

Total votes : 18

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:00 pm
Golden State Warriors (48-32) @ Phoenix Suns (53-27)

Start time 7:00 PM PST @ The US Airways Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Phoenix Suns
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Raja Bell
SF - Grant Hill
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.0) | A. Stoudemire (25.3)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.6) | S. O'Neal (10.6)
APG - B. Davis (7.6) | S. Nash (11.1)
SPG - B. Davis (2.4) | G. Hill (0.9)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.2) | A. Stoudemire (2.1)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:14 pm
we should also have a thread houston at denver for tomorrow :)
nonetheless, my oh my, what a 24+24 hours coming up
go warriors!
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:02 pm
martin wrote:we should also have a thread houston at denver for tomorrow :)

I was thinking about that, but we have something going in the Warriors forum, which is why I didnt mention it. I like the idea, though. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:54 pm
wow man i was ready to go crawl under a f*ckin rock on thursday (im sure others felt the same)but now f*ck man!this **** is intense.**** **** man!I just hope the suns dont control the tempo like the last time.
Go Ham

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:29 am
Oh yeaahh.... bring it on!!!
6-7 Man Rotation??? WTF!$!%!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:58 am
KEY game for us. If we're gonna make the playoffs, we have to win this one. Of course, we also have to win the next one against Seattle and hope for Denver to lose at home against Houston, but this is the one that scares me. If we lose, it's over.

For the first time in the season, I'm not gonna make any prediction about the game.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:34 am
TMC wrote:KEY game for us. If we're gonna make the playoffs, we have to win this one. Of course, we also have to win the next one against Seattle and hope for Denver to lose at home against Houston, but this is the one that scares me. If we lose, it's over.

For the first time in the season, I'm not gonna make any prediction about the game.

MAN!!!...........you have to stay up and watch this one with us LIVE!!!............Ill link you up, youll bring luck and you may not get another chance to see our boys for awhile...........??? you know it makles sense. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:43 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:KEY game for us. If we're gonna make the playoffs, we have to win this one. Of course, we also have to win the next one against Seattle and hope for Denver to lose at home against Houston, but this is the one that scares me. If we lose, it's over.

MAN!!!...........you have to stay up and watch this one with us LIVE!!!............Ill link you up, youll bring luck and you may not get another chance to see our boys for awhile...........??? you know it makles sense. :wink:

I wish I could, man, I wish I could... but I gotta wake up early tomorrow and the game starts at 4 AM here. I'll have to download it tomorrow.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:50 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

I wish I could, man, I wish I could... but I gotta wake up early tomorrow and the game starts at 4 AM here. I'll have to download it tomorrow.

I know I know..........its tough (well, I dont have to wake for anything right now/still, so its the only reason I can at the moment)..........but I think after this stretch of watching live games like this for the first time in my life..........I will still stay up every now and then for important games no matter what.........cant go totally back to waiting 20 hours to know what happend and not posting on here until I do.

Also, its not today, its tomorrow night we play.........you have to get up early on Tuesday?..........come on man, ONE GAME! pull a sickie!!!............itll finish about 6:30-7:00am ish..........come on, take one for the team!!! :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:54 am
bigstrads wrote:Also, its not today, its tomorrow night we play.........you have to get up early on Tuesday?..........come on man, ONE GAME! pull a sickie!!!............itll finish about 6:30-7:00am ish..........come on, take one for the team!!! :wink:

Tomorrow?. F*ck... today it's when Denver plays their back-to-back. I thought we played the same day.

In any case, same problem any day of the week. It would be different on weekends, but I just can't on weekdays (although I might make an exception if we ever make it to the finals).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:00 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Also, its not today, its tomorrow night we play.........you have to get up early on Tuesday?..........come on man, ONE GAME! pull a sickie!!!............itll finish about 6:30-7:00am ish..........come on, take one for the team!!! :wink:

Tomorrow?. F*ck... today it's when Denver plays their back-to-back. I thought we played the same day.

In any case, same problem any day of the week. It would be different on weekends, but I just can't on weekdays (although I might make an exception if we ever make it to the finals).

Yup...........kind of makes it better, as we will know our fate after tonight and know whether we have a chance going into Phoenix (man, if Denver loses tonight and........well, I cant even think about it right now!)

Ok then............I tried my best. :wink:

Seriously though, you would have to stay up just if we made the playoffs right now!!! given the miracle that that would be. :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:24 am
Isn't t-mac supposedly sore? he'll probably have limited minuttes
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:48 pm
Going to be a tough game...fortunately, I know our W's can beat the Suns...run Shaq outta the game! WE need to control this game!

Go HOUSTON!
The Hulk is a Warriors fan.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:51 pm
No Cuban or Avery to give us a half roster ... I expect Shaq, Nash, and company to bring it. It's been wild ride.. and all the players deserve credit to bring the season to a close with two must win games. Playoff intensity a month before the playoffs, just great bball at its best. I am looking for Captain Jack to vindicate Nellie and small ball because the clock is ticking.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:56 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:Isn't t-mac supposedly sore? he'll probably have limited minuttes

Where did you see this? I haven't read it anywhere.

On the injury front, though, Battier is likely not to play for Houston, according to the reports I've read. But Houston beat Phoenix without Battier on Friday.
Next

Return to Game Threads