nba finals

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:16 pm
who do you think will win the nba finals. I'm picking orlando Magic
I like pie
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 pm
Spurs
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:47 pm
Lakers.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 pm
Mr.KC wrote:Spurs

I second this...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:32 pm
WARRIORS

jk
im going with underdog pistons
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:53 pm
sleandres wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:Spurs

I second this...

God I hope not. And I think neither does David Stern.

I'm hoping the Celtics will win it, but I seriously have no idea.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:35 pm
celtics
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:09 am
I think the league wants a Celtics vs Lakers matchup in the finals, and I'm sure the Celtics will be there, but the west is gonna be extremely tough for whoever wins it. Lakers, Spurs and Suns have options... and nobody else.

If I have to bet for anybody right now, I'll do for LA over Boston in 7.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:40 pm
This is hella hard to decide...

the teams in the west that are the real contenders: Lakers, Spurs, Suns

and the teams in the east that are real contenders:celtics and pistons

ahhh so hard but

i say lakers vs celtics...besides this obviously being a great matchup for the NBA, i think it would be a great series... lakers in 7

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:13 pm
I really hope that the Celtics get to the finals from the East - I'm tired of seeing Detroit, and I enjoy watching Boston play more.

From the West, I am not as high on the Lakers as many of you. It's still not certain that Bynum will be back, and even if he is, how he will be playing. Without Bynum, I don't see how the Lakers would be able to beat San Antonio or Phoenix or even Utah in a 7 game series. kobe can carry them for a while, but I don't know if he can for a whole series. I'd say it's kind of a tossup between San Antonio, Phoenix, and Utah. A lot could depend on which team draws the best matchup in the first round, so that they can get through it in fewer games and be more rested for the later rounds.

Overall, I predict that the Celtics win it all.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:15 am
hoopitup wrote:I really hope that the Celtics get to the finals from the East - I'm tired of seeing Detroit, and I enjoy watching Boston play more.

From the West, I am not as high on the Lakers as many of you. It's still not certain that Bynum will be back, and even if he is, how he will be playing. Without Bynum, I don't see how the Lakers would be able to beat San Antonio or Phoenix or even Utah in a 7 game series. kobe can carry them for a while, but I don't know if he can for a whole series. I'd say it's kind of a tossup between San Antonio, Phoenix, and Utah. A lot could depend on which team draws the best matchup in the first round, so that they can get through it in fewer games and be more rested for the later rounds.

you do remember the lakers have pau gasol right??? I think they would not have a tough time with the jazz... but i could see how the spurs and or suns could be the lakers in a 7 game series.. i think the playoffs will be pretty good this year... well at least the west and then maybe east finals

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:38 am
pollykraker wrote:
hoopitup wrote:I really hope that the Celtics get to the finals from the East - I'm tired of seeing Detroit, and I enjoy watching Boston play more.

you do remember the lakers have pau gasol right??? I think they would not have a tough time with the jazz... but i could see how the spurs and or suns could be the lakers in a 7 game series.. i think the playoffs will be pretty good this year... well at least the west and then maybe east finals

Sorry, Gasol is a very soft big guy. Great scorer, but not that great defensively. I just don't see the Lakers beating Utah in a 7 game aseries if Utah is playing well, unless the Lakers have Bynum. I know the Lakers beat Utah last month without either Gasol or Bynum, but that was done with a great start shooting that the Lakers won't normally be able to do.

I'm not saying it's impossible, anything is possible, particularly if Bryant carries the team. But I think it's not as likely that the Lakers roll past Utah as many people seem to think (if that matchup happens).
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:27 pm
I am going to say the Jazz.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:52 pm
Pistons without a doubt. West has more contenders but I dont think any of them r as good as the celtics or pistons.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:12 pm
wizards. they beat the celtics 3-4 games
Next

Return to NBA Forum