San Jose Sharks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:30 am
I might get no movement in this topic at all, but since it's playoff time and i'm hoping the sharks have a long run in them, does anyone else follow hockey? I follow it throughout the year, but i know most people get into it during the playoffs.....so anybody?
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:52 am
Uhhh, anybody? they dominated last nights game, I think they had bout 43 SOG. A shutout too. They sure woke up from that first game lapse.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:31 pm
Yeah..they looked like a completely different team. I think the ought to be able to win out at this point, they just needed to get their heads out of thier butts.

And for the record, I have tried a few times to start Sharks related threads...these guys don't take well to them :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:09 pm
We discussed hockey once on this board. It was pretty split between who cared about it and who dismissed it as a poor Canadian import (I'm looking at you Molson Ice).

But I follow the Sharks and I'm glad they got a dominant win last night. The Flames seem to have had our number ever since we sent Kip and Sutter over there but I hope they can get over that this series.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:15 pm
Well, i haven't met many basketball fans who like hockey or vice versa, but i am into it a lot. So thanks for posting guys, hope we can have a lot to talk about throughout the playoffs. The flames i think have had our number because of the physical style they play, and mainly Kipper. Sharks had over 40 shots and 2 goals. But as long as the Sharks dominate the play and play defense like they can, they should win the series within six. They'll probably all be close in the score though.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:52 am
I may be trying to keep a dying thread alive, but at least check this save out guys, if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0LwqG7twc
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:55 am
RobDIKUM wrote:I may be trying to keep a dying thread alive, but at least check this save out guys, if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0LwqG7twc

Image...........there you go Rob, Im helping out. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:13 pm
Thanks Bigs
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:59 pm
I'm pretty down after last night. That was some bs that Calgary pulled going after Patty like that. Jodi Shelley needs to lay down the law and knock out Iginla or Phaneuf.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:23 pm
What Calgary did to Marleau was a last resort, really the only thing they could do to stand a chance it that game. You cannot call it BS just because it worked.

I have also heard from a report on KNBR that Jodi Shelley, along with other members of the team, were instructed by Ron Wilson not to react to the physicality of Calgary because the Flamers were "killing us on the Power Play."

If this is true, and I feel that his track record would prove that it is, Ron Wilson has got to go. Every year, he has allowed this team to play conserativley once they amount to a lead. The lack of agression is the downfall of this organization.

On the positive side, the series is far from over. THe Sharks could easily win this series in 6 if they win on Tuesday night.

Anything short of the Western Conference Finals ought to result in the firing of Ron Wilson and a revamping of the Sharks roster. I feel things are getting a little stale, and although the Sharks continuosly are one of the better teams in the NHL will never be sucessful in the Playoffs with the roster as it stands.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:43 pm
Ron Wilson really hasn't done much in the playoffs and I could see him getting booted, but I'm not sure if I can completely second guess his sentiments.

The Flames are good on the power play but it is a tough call - do you let them get back into the game by going after them or do you let them continue to be physical. It's not an easy choice. Personally I would ahve told Shelley to go elbow up on Iginla the next 3 times he came anywhere near the zone but I can see the counter argument to that. If the Sharks held on last night I doubt I would second guess as much as I am.

They need to come out and take off some heads though if they do want to wrap it up in 6. No more playing nice and avoiding penalties.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:48 pm
Thunder wrote:The Flames are good on the power play but it is a tough call - do you let them get back into the game by going after them or do you let them continue to be physical.

Obviously they got back into the game anyways...physical teams love when they can manhandle a finesse team. It is the reason they play the game.

Thunder wrote:Personally I would ahve told Shelley to go elbow up on Iginla

In case you couldn't tell from my post...I completely agree.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:28 pm
ill help out rob i follow the sharks....i usually read and listen more than i watch.But when they play anahiem and the queens its on like donkey kong!

yeah wtf happened last night?
Go Ham
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:20 pm
webelieve wrote:yeah wtf happened last night?

complacentcey :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:20 am
It's true, when they have a lead it seems like they are too passive. That's why in last years playoffs when they had a one goal lead they'd always give up the extra attacker goal. I don't know why they let themselves get beat down physically when they have the guys to match it. Hell, Marleau was throwing his weight around. Pretty upsetting blowing a 3-0 lead. We'll see what happens next.
Next

Return to Sports Board