The Spurs are a dirty bunch of cheaters

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:43 am
This is a dirty team led by the dirtiest player in the league Bruce Bowen. Last night was more evidence as Bruce Bowen elbowed Amare Stoudamire rigth in the stomach knocking him to the ground. If not for an assisant coach Amare would have beat his ass. The way the spurs play is a dirty brand of basketball which they turn games into unwatchable hackfests. Their coach promotes this style of ball and I wish someone would take this guy and slam his meat grinded face into a metal chair.

I dont respect this team and they are not the nba champions last year it was given to them on a david stern silver platter. Whoever plays this team in the playoffs it will be a bizarre overphysical unwatchable series and very boring.

f the spurs

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:37 pm
trlove wrote:This is a dirty team led by the dirtiest player in the league Bruce Bowen. Last night was more evidence as Bruce Bowen elbowed Amare Stoudamire rigth in the stomach knocking him to the ground. If not for an assisant coach Amare would have beat his ass. The way the spurs play is a dirty brand of basketball which they turn games into unwatchable hackfests. Their coach promotes this style of ball and I wish someone would take this guy and slam his meat grinded face into a metal chair.

I dont respect this team and they are not the nba champions last year it was given to them on a david stern silver platter. Whoever plays this team in the playoffs it will be a bizarre overphysical unwatchable series and very boring.

f the spurs

Besides Bruce bowen who else is a dirty player on this team? Ok maybe robert horry because of the play in the playoffs last year...but who else plays dirty?

What evidence do you have that shows pop promotes this style of play?
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:33 pm
pollykraker wrote:
trlove wrote:This is a dirty team led by the dirtiest player in the league Bruce Bowen. Last night was more evidence as Bruce Bowen elbowed Amare Stoudamire rigth in the stomach knocking him to the ground. If not for an assisant coach Amare would have beat his ass. The way the spurs play is a dirty brand of basketball which they turn games into unwatchable hackfests. Their coach promotes this style of ball and I wish someone would take this guy and slam his meat grinded face into a metal chair.

f the spurs

Besides Bruce bowen who else is a dirty player on this team? Ok maybe robert horry because of the play in the playoffs last year...but who else plays dirty?

there floppers
I like pie
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:45 pm
oaklandfnatic wrote:
pollykraker wrote:

f the spurs

there floppers

Why do you say that?

Seems like there is a lot of backlash against "floppers" but yet as a team, we are one of the biggest flopping teams there is and Monta Ellis is perhaps one of the biggest floppers around.

Not sure the stats this year but last year Monta Ellis drew the 5th most offensive fouls and as a team we drew the 4th most. Granted, not all of those are flops, but it certainly is part of our defensive makeup to try to draw offensive fouls rather than challenge.

I am not saying that Monta is as bad as Harris or Fisher, but he is certainly in the top 10 in terms of flopping.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:16 pm
oaklandfnatic wrote:
pollykraker wrote:

f the spurs

there floppers

ok doesnt answer my question...flopping isnt DIRTY play... EVERY team has someone on the team that flops from time to time.... but thats not dirty play.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:25 pm
I saw the title of this thread and thought...

"The Spurs are cheaters...

... And?"

We've all known this. Cutting corners and playing dirty wins titles. Why do you think the boring teams all win? Detroit, San Antonio, LA... They're all dirty as hell.

Btw, I totally disagree with bada. Our best defenders are Baron, Jackson, Barnes, and Biedrins... NONE of whom flop. Monta will, yes. And Al will, on occasion. But that's it. Our players draw legit charges, for the most part. Monta is the only really bad one.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:11 pm
32 wrote:We've all known this. Cutting corners and playing dirty wins titles.

I thought everyone calls that defense?
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:59 pm
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTdERYOtqsg[/youtube]

Barons funny lol

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:52 pm
speakonitgod wrote:[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTdERYOtqsg[/youtube]

Barons funny lol

hahahaha yeah that was classic, i remember that and was crackin up for awhile hahaha.

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:42 pm
speakonitgod wrote:[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTdERYOtqsg[/youtube]

Barons funny lol

well, and that's not flopping, that's acting :D :roll:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:24 pm
OMG this cracked me up again...

anyways, the spurs are not dirty... Bowen is just a oldschool player. amare is SOFT... his dunks may look intense, but he gets his ass whooped on the other side.. besides he should've had his elbow out anyways when setting that screen.
Only horry and bowen are hands on players.... and manu flops.
Look at the suns... they're the same...
Nash always sliding under people who drive, bell trying to trip people when hes down,shaq elbowing everyone, and hill holding on to everyone's shirts.
Every team does things that are illegal or might be considered dirty..
Watch that new south park episode... Cheating = winning... and you can get away with it. e.g. the new england patriots lol.

watch this LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BjhfwVY ... re=related

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:05 am
bada wrote:
oaklandfnatic wrote:
pollykraker wrote:

f the spurs

there floppers

Why do you say that?

Seems like there is a lot of backlash against "floppers" but yet as a team, we are one of the biggest flopping teams there is and Monta Ellis is perhaps one of the biggest floppers around.

Not sure the stats this year but last year Monta Ellis drew the 5th most offensive fouls and as a team we drew the 4th most. Granted, not all of those are flops, but it certainly is part of our defensive makeup to try to draw offensive fouls rather than challenge.

I am not saying that Monta is as bad as Harris or Fisher, but he is certainly in the top 10 in terms of flopping.

i dont think monta is as big a flopper as you make him out to be. more of the time he takes the hit and doesnt act (as manu does and damn near every play). monta at least tries to get to the spot (usually does) and if he doesnt, it's up to the ref to see which way the call goes. if anything our flopper is al harrington. i really dont like when he does it, but cant get mad when he gets the call. but i know when he's no longer a warrior he will be on my "dislike" list for the fact that he is one of the biggest floppers in the league.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:18 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdFesYy0WkU&feature=related

not saying the elbow was on purpose...but for damn sure wasnt necessary. watch the replay toward the end...looks like manu had more control over his arm than people think. and artest, is far from soft
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Return to NBA Forum