The Oakland Athletics Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:08 pm
Wow, the A's just signed Mike Sweeney. Interesting deal. Could be a steal if he can stay healthy. Key word is CAN. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:14 pm
I bet it's just a temporary thing so they can fill at least SOME seats this year. :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:34 pm
A's are 7-4 good start
I like pie

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:16 pm
JayPat wrote:I bet it's just a temporary thing so they can fill at least SOME seats this year. :mrgreen:

If the A's want to fill some seats they should just build a new ballpark with an amazing view and a slide in the outfield and a huge glove. People would go to the game just for the ballpark and not care about championships(who needs championship when you can win pennants).
Never hesitate to dunk on a mofo.
-rsl

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:18 pm
oaklandfnatic wrote:The A's are way better than the Giants

*fixed*
Never hesitate to dunk on a mofo.
-rsl
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:27 am
17-10 = best record in the AL, second best in the majors?

Who saw this coming? Nobody, that's who.

Being atop the AL West won't last too long but that beatdown on Anaheim last night sure felt good. With all the talent we have on the farm it's going to be scary when they all come up.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:20 pm
A's trade Rich Harden. I know nothing about the guys they got. Sad to see Harden go. He is as unhittable of pitcher there is in the league when healthy.

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs acquired pitcher Rich Harden from the Oakland Athletics in a six-player trade on Tuesday, a day after the rival Milwaukee Brewers landed CC Sabathia.

"He's got really good stuff," Cubs manager Lou Piniella said. "He knows how to win. A welcome addition."

The Cubs received the right-handed Harden and righty Chad Gaudin for pitcher Sean Gallagher, outfielders Matt Murton and Eric Patterson, and minor leaguer Josh Donaldson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3478902
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:29 pm
bada wrote:A's trade Rich Harden. I know nothing about the guys they got. Sad to see Harden go. He is as unhittable of pitcher there is in the league when healthy.

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Cubs acquired pitcher Rich Harden from the Oakland Athletics in a six-player trade on Tuesday, a day after the rival Milwaukee Brewers landed CC Sabathia.

"He's got really good stuff," Cubs manager Lou Piniella said. "He knows how to win. A welcome addition."

The Cubs received the right-handed Harden and righty Chad Gaudin for pitcher Sean Gallagher, outfielders Matt Murton and Eric Patterson, and minor leaguer Josh Donaldson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3478902

I'm a giants fan but i know these trades always work out for the A's, i don't know who they got, but there is probably a good position playing prospect. The cubs made out too though. If harden stays healthy , they have what Prior could have been
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:32 pm
Yeah, I saw this coming. There were talks after the Brewers acquired CC that the Cubs would pursue someone else. And knowing the A's, once a pitcher starts playing well like Harden, they ship him away for prospects.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:39 pm
xbay wrote:Yeah, I saw this coming. There were talks after the Brewers acquired CC that the Cubs would pursue someone else. And knowing the A's, once a pitcher starts playing well like Harden, they ship him away for prospects.

with Harden it's definitely a good move, who knows how much he'll be healthy
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:42 pm
xbay wrote:Yeah, I saw this coming. There were talks after the Brewers acquired CC that the Cubs would pursue someone else. And knowing the A's, once a pitcher starts playing well like Harden, they ship him away for prospects.
I hate that about us, we always produce winning ball clubs, but for once I want to at least keep one big name, I don't know, rich harden. We get prospects they become great, we trade great player for even more prospecs, I'm sick of it.
I like pie
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:51 pm
rebel wrote:
I hate that about us, we always produce winning ball clubs, but for once I want to at least keep one big name, I don't know, rich harden. We get prospects they become great, we trade great player for even more prospecs, I'm sick of it.

you must be bummed being an oaklandfanatic and all hahahaha, but anyway, it's a system that works for the A's so you can't knock it. It was a no brainer with Harden though, he won't hold up, so consider it a blessing. But for them it would be wise to eventually hold on to some future starts. They will stay competetive but won't bring a title
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:00 pm
Rich harden was going to stay healthy this time, I could feel it, he was doing extra streches so he won't get injured.
I like pie
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:13 pm
rebel wrote:Rich harden was going to stay healthy this time, I could feel it, he was doing extra streches so he won't get injured.

oh how naive the youth can be, extra stretches were not going to keep him healthy. Harden has a real short window if he stays healthy for any period of time. Oak, man, appreciate your GM, he is always looking at how to keep his team stocked with quality players. That's the reason some of these guys come up and are successful, they get them from previous "the sky is falling" trades that fans worry about
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:24 pm
Yes, but not all of his trades worked, ex tim hudson and milton. If it is a system that works were is our fuckin ring
I like pie
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board