Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:21 am
nothing more valuable in football than draft picks.. can't wait til this years draft. Gonna be really interesting. I'm a Niner fan, but pretty much get all the lowdown on the Raiders info and possible moves because my brother is a die hard Raider fan, so I can actually get pretty knowledgeable with both teams. The days of me being an obnoxious **** talker are over, i like to just talk football.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:nothing more valuable in football than draft picks.. can't wait til this years draft. Gonna be really interesting. I'm a Niner fan, but pretty much get all the lowdown on the Raiders info and possible moves because my brother is a die hard Raider fan, so I can actually get pretty knowledgeable with both teams. The days of me being an obnoxious **** talker are over, i like to just talk football.

Your Brother is the man!!!!

RAAAAYYYYY-DDDDDUUUUUHHHHHSSSS
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:18 am
hey not to familiar with trading draft picks and the scenarios that present themselves.... But could Oakland trading the 4th pick and Fabian Washington to either position 1 or 2 work meaning the Raiders get one of the Long boys??
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:52 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:hey not to familiar with trading draft picks and the scenarios that present themselves.... But could Oakland trading the 4th pick and Fabian Washington to either position 1 or 2 work meaning the Raiders get one of the Long boys??

If we go by the value chart, they'd have to trade their first and second rounders AND Fabian Washington for a shot at one of the two top picks.

There's way too much difference between those picks.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:23 am
how about 2nd rounder next year?

I'd pull that trigger if it meant i could get Chris Long...

But it's interesting with selection of Jake Long to Miami might throw a spanner in the works with Rams, they may just end up taking Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston....

Chris Long may drop to Raiders, but the possibilities are very slim..
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:42 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:how about 2nd rounder next year?

I'd pull that trigger if it meant i could get Chris Long...

If it's next year's pick, Miami would probably ask for your first rounder.

I mean, what happens if the Raiders have a 10-6 season?. That future second rounder would have a lot less value than this year's, which is almost like a later first rounder.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:But it's interesting with selection of Jake Long to Miami might throw a spanner in the works with Rams, they may just end up taking Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston....

Chris Long may drop to Raiders, but the possibilities are very slim..

I think the Rams will go with the Long Miami doesn't pick, although there's a slim chance they can go with Gholston (not Dorsey... they seem adamant about playing Glover and Carriker inside).

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:18 pm
RAIDERS have fairly easy schedule compared to past years
imo Niners have an even easier schedule..

Raiders will have the better record by years end :D
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:52 pm
Every draft projection I've seen has the Raiders taking McFadden at the #4 pick....I'm not sure I like that pick, as they just sunk quite a bit of money into Fargas, and they still have Michael Bush, but I think it will happen.

I've seen several people comment that McFadden could be used as a slot receiver, kind of like Reggie Bush, in addition to running back, so that could help strengthen the receiving group.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:08 am
hoopitup wrote:Every draft projection I've seen has the Raiders taking McFadden at the #4 pick....I'm not sure I like that pick, as they just sunk quite a bit of money into Fargas, and they still have Michael Bush, but I think it will happen.

I've seen several people comment that McFadden could be used as a slot receiver, kind of like Reggie Bush, in addition to running back, so that could help strengthen the receiving group.

I think it's between McFadden and Gholston, unless one of the Longs or Dorsey falls, but that's not likely.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:47 am
TMC wrote:
hoopitup wrote:Every draft projection I've seen has the Raiders taking McFadden at the #4 pick....I'm not sure I like that pick, as they just sunk quite a bit of money into Fargas, and they still have Michael Bush, but I think it will happen.

I think it's between McFadden and Gholston, unless one of the Longs or Dorsey falls, but that's not likely.

fargas is a very small back...he was the go to guy all last year...i really doubt he will be able to cary the team on his back.....we dont have a team of recievers just yet....so we will try to run again yes even with russell...
i think mc fadden
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:57 pm
Mine scenario...

Draft Mcfadden....
Trade jordan,Rhodes for 2nd or 3rd pick

But try to get Chad Johnson...he is available now....
go for it and season tickets sold out...

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:23 pm
GSW United wrote:Mine scenario...

Draft Mcfadden....
Trade jordan,Rhodes for 2nd or 3rd pick

But try to get Chad Johnson...he is available now....
go for it and season tickets sold out...

i like chad but no body is gonna want jordan..we could still swing chad...we need one more receiver

and we have bush who will be a baller this year we dont need mc fadden
we have to shore up the o line
T.S. Eliot

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:04 pm
my draft scenario:

Trade the 4th pick to dallas for their two first rounders and a third
Trade 1 of the 2 first rounders 2 the Bengals for the Chad

I know Al dosent trade down but I can dream cant I.
Never hesitate to dunk on a mofo.
-rsl

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:46 pm
i just read from the bleacher report...(i would post the link but i do not have those skills)that the pats traded moss back to the raiders for the raiders first pick..i am looking now to see if i can confirm this...has anyone heard this news?
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:50 pm
JOEL wrote:i just read from the bleacher report...(i would post the link but i do not have those skills)that the pats traded moss back to the raiders for the raiders first pick..i am looking now to see if i can confirm this...has anyone heard this news?

I HIGHLY doubt that this happened. No way that the Raiders would want him back.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board