Trade Dunleavy?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:10 am
TMC wrote:For a real pg who is going to play behind Baron?, I wouldn't lose a pick for that. That's a position we should fill through free agency. Trade Fish for a player who plays other position or for expirers, but I wouldn't lose a pick just to get rid of his contract.

Big problem with that is that Mullin has not been sucessfull so far getting a real good deal with his FA's. Unless the Warriors become a real winning team, we won't attract big names and sure as hell will not make guys to a pay cut to play for us. And besides, we are on one of the lowest budgets in the league. We'd need a real diamond in the rough, Jameer Nelson, Delonte West to come over here for cheap to get a real good bargian
http://s12.invisionfree.com/All_Basketb ... hp?act=idx][
Looking For Warriors Mods and Warriors Bloggers AllBallAdmin@gmail.com If You Are Interested
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:13 pm
You're right, but we can also get someone in the draft with that pick. After all, it's going to be a backup. It seems too much players and a pick for a backup.

I'd be all for it if it were for a position of need, but not for a backup.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:34 pm
I dunno... the Warriors look like a fun team to play with and their only getting better. True, we need to loosen up some funds, but I don't think guys fear being traded to us anymore...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:58 pm
With fisher , miles and monta were good :!:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:02 pm
Player32 wrote:I dunno... the Warriors look like a fun team to play with and their only getting better. True, we need to loosen up some funds, but I don't think guys fear being traded to us anymore...

Yeah, but we still need to do something remarkable. If this season goes close to what we expect, nobody would think twice about signing with the Warriors, if not...
Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:14 pm
TMC wrote:You're right, but we can also get someone in the draft with that pick. After all, it's going to be a backup. It seems too much players and a pick for a backup.

Who's left in the draft now at PG. Guys that come to us would most likely have to be picks in the 17-20's range and unless they are Danny Granger, will not be NBA ready ahead of time :?
http://s12.invisionfree.com/All_Basketb ... hp?act=idx][
Looking For Warriors Mods and Warriors Bloggers AllBallAdmin@gmail.com If You Are Interested
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:42 am
TMC wrote:You're right, but we can also get someone in the draft with that pick. After all, it's going to be a backup. It seems too much players and a pick for a backup.

You are right, for a backup, the draft should do to get our hands on one. The blazers got Jarrett Jack and he has been said to be a good backup so the draft should give someone capable if Monta doesn't become the guy in the next 2 years

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:11 pm
Eh, let Monta develop to play. Fisher's best value isn't as a point guard who's gonna make us forget that Baron Davis is on the bench; he's a proven winner with lots of experience for the locker room. He's worth more than you guys give him credit.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:56 am
But Fish is not a part of the Warriors future, just the next 3 years or so. He would be alright as an assistant coach or a part of the management

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:49 am
At the time, they need a locker room player. They need what Reggie was for the Pacers last year. Jermaine, Stephen Jackson, and Jamal Tinsley have come a long way, maturity-wise, because of Reggie's professionalism. I think Mully wants a bench player like that, too, and Derek's the man. Sure, Mario Elie's on the bench teaching, but he's not one of the guys anymore! The Warriors need to learn from one of their own.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:33 pm
how about dis trade, .. Dunleavy and a 2nd round pick for Corey Maggette!! so tha dunleavy family can reunite.. and our frontcourt will be ELITE!! i dunno .. but i'd like 2 see Maggette on our side
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:52 am
would take it without bating an eye lid.....
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:10 am
That would be high robbery. Elgin Baylor should be beaten to death if he makes that trade. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:42 am
It will be near impossible to get anything good for Dunleavy now

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:08 am
Anybody who says we should trade Dunleavy doesn't know how these things work. Now would be the worst possible time for a Dunleavy trade. We just signed him to a large contract and he is not playing well. So what do you think we could get for him? Probably another overpaid, salaray cap space-eating underachiever. Or maybe you think the NBA is full of teams with morons for GMs? Or maybe you think Mullin is a moron for signing his contract? Obviously, Mullin signed him because he wants him for the long term. I will grant that the dollar amount seems high--especially when you consider that it is a similar figure to what Tayshaun Prince (a more complete player) just got. But these contract figures always seem high when they're first signed, then a year or two later they look like a bargain. Remember when Kevin Garnett got $120M and nobody could believe it?

Signing multi-year contracts is always a gamble. So is not signing them. But what you DON'T do is decide to sign a player in the offseason, and then when they have a slow start, pee in your pants and try to trade him for whatever you can get. Richardson and Murphy both went into slumps right after they got their deals done. Now, Richardson is playing like an all-star and Murphy is close to that. I think Mullin knows what he is doing. I'd much rather keep Dunleavy and let his numbers improve and maybe think about trying to trade him at a time when he might actually be worth something. Or if he gets it together and plays better...just keep him. But to try to trade him now at a time when his value is at its lowest would be stupid. How would that look to other GMs around the league? I can see it now..."Hmm...Chris Mullin just called and asked what we'd give him for Dunleavy. Either he's an idiot or he thinks we're idiots...if he calls again tell him I'm unavailable."
PreviousNext

Return to Trades