Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2008-04-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors finish this road trip with a win on national television?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:17 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 21

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:10 pm
WTF are davis and jackson doing? Monta has 35 and Baron chucks up a 3, and throws a terrible pass that is easily snagged, then gets stripped again, and Jackson who has done nothing all day goes one on one with an airball???? They have no one except themselves to blame for this stupidity. The Ws are not lacking for effort or focus, but they are playing STUPID ball right now (and not hip hop stupid). They are such a weird and fucked up team that they could still win this, but sometimes Baron's thickheadedness drives me nuts...he is the opposite of the incredible poise and consistency of CPAUL, who should be the MVP
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:12 pm
All over.................... :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:13 pm
Game is ****ing over!!! They let this shhiiitt get out of hand and time is running out!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:14 pm
S-Jax no showed again!!! Give him his termination papers!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:15 pm
Looks like our season is over.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
for some reason i've never liked peja

i think this game is about wrapped up..we can thank david west and his 9 straight freaking shots.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
I believe with all my heart if we bring in Belinelli he can get us within AT LEAST striking range.... Why can't we treat him like Korver? Throw him in there to do one thing and one thing only....HIT THREES!@!!!
All Star
Wow this is a horrible way to start a Sunday. :banghead:

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:16 pm
The W's need to think about making a trade for someone who can clog the middle next year!!! Defense and rebounding have been very bad this year!!! I can't stand this shhhittt where we tie it up then the opponents go on a 10-0 run!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:17 pm
Welp, looks like I gotta go on COD now and stab some people in their f*ckin chest... I'll pretend they're all David West.... All star my f*ckin ass
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:19 pm
Man, all I can think about is how bad signing C-Webb turned out to be. We could have really used someone that could have helped us out around this time instead of someone that didn't do anything and then retired.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:20 pm
speakonitgod wrote:I believe with all my heart if we bring in Belinelli he can get us within AT LEAST striking range.... Why can't we treat him like Korver? Throw him in there to do one thing and one thing only....HIT THREES!@!!!

Even if he went in and got hot, our D wouldn't be able to hold them. Of course I doubt he would get hot anyway. As much as I like him you have to admit it would be a fluke if he came in and sunk 5-6 straight 3's.

Tough game... Another one where Nellie held on to Jackson WAY too long. Jax and Al have been so inconsistent lately (although Al was decent today) and I hate it when Nellie keeps them in and lets them drag us down. It sucks that Monta got into foul trouble, but if Jax and Baron would have deferred to Monta and AB more rather than tried to do too much when they weren't hot, we could have won this one.

I realize that their jobs on the court are quite different, but I would've liked to see Nellie give Brandan more time over Jackson. It seems that when Brandan is on the floor, he's never in the same position defensively... He often stays out on the perimeter, but I think his place is inside. He could have really helped out though. In that first quarter, we were scoring inside, and that's why we went up. Then we started chucking up 3's and look where that got us... Sure, the transition 3 is the forte for some of our guys, and we average like 27 per game. But when they aren't falling, we need to go with what's working, and in this game shooting in the paint was clearly working (see: Monta, AB).
Last edited by D4rk 0ne on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:22 pm
W's suck!!! This ain't playoff bball they are playing hope the veterans and the coaches have a long time thinking about how to play some defense and rebound for next year!!!

Terrible finish for this year!!! Anyone else who says this season is a success is outta their mind!!!

They don't show up when the pressure is on!!! Getting blown out by the better teams just shows that they are not on the same level...

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:23 pm
**** moral victories!!! I really think Nelson is gonna pack it up after this season!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:25 pm
Yeah, I'm with J-Rich. This just isnt a playoff team. They live-and-die by the three, and, when it doesnt fall, like it hasnt been lately, they have none chance to do anything. They will not go in and get easy layups, which they can every time, if they wanted to. They refuse to play defense. They have no lock down defender, and dont like to rebound the ball.

If they do make the playoffs, it will be because we caught a couple of breaks and some teams lost, but we will not get in there because of our own good play.

I have not given up, and really want it to happen, but, realistically, it wont.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads