Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2008-03-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Nowitzki make his return against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:39 pm

YES
29%
NO
71%

Total votes : 14

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:16 pm
oaklandfnatic wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/playoffmatchups

take a look at that were only a game out a game you guys are acting as if a game is impossible to make up
Its not one game, if we tie its 2games. Warriors have to finish 1 game ahead of Den, so they have to win 2 more than Nuggets regardless... Here is what Warrior compared to Nuggets have to do just Warriors to get in. 5-2 to 3-4, 4-3 to 2-5, 3-4 to 1-6. The more games the Warrios lose the harder it gets.
This season is not a flop.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:17 pm
i know we lose the tie breaker as of now but if we win are remaiming against the kings, denver, sonics, and grizzlies we win the tie breaker because if we beat denver were tied with them head to head

TIEBREAKER BASIS:
(-) Tie breaker not needed (better overall winning percentage)
(1) Head-to-head
(2) Conference Record
(3) vs. Teams ultimately at-or-over .500
(4) Head-to-Head cumulative point differential
(5) vCoin toss (tied teams listed alphabetically above)
x-Clinched Playoff Berth | o-Eliminated from Playoffs contention | e-Clinched Eastern Conference | w-Clinched Western Conference
nw-Clinched Northwest Division | p-Clinched Pacific Conference | sw-Clinched Southwest Division | a-Clinched Atlantic Division
c-Clinched Central Conference | se-Clinched Southeast Conference
*-Games remaining vs.Teams Over/Under .500
Last edited by rebel on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I like pie
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:18 pm
See below...
Last edited by loyaltyisacurse on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:18 pm
oaklandfnatic wrote:i know we lose the tie breaker as of now but if we win are remaiming against the kings, denver, sonics, and grizzlies we win the tie breaker because if we beat denver were tied with them head to head
Head to head take precedent. Conference record comes next. A tie means "No Go" Its already been established that no matter what Warriors do, if they tie Denver, Denver is in.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 pm
we will have a better conference record if we beat are remianing western conference foes

were only a two games of conference record
I like pie
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:26 pm
oaklandfnatic wrote:we will have a better conference record if we beat are remianing western conference foes

Again, you have to realize that each team's remaing 7 games are ALL against conference opponents.

The Warriors are 2 games back in conference record and only 1 game back of the Nuggets. So if they Tie the Warriors have only netted 1 conference win.

They do not make the playoffs.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:30 pm
i know i just looked it up i was wrong denver has to easy of a schedule but hopefull dallas has worn themselves out there still 10 bellow 500 against winning teams dont count the ws out
I like pie
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:31 pm
Even if they did tie at conference records, The Nuggets would still hold the next 2 tiebreakers.

The Nuggets have a better record vs. .500 and above teams AND have a better point differential than the Dubs.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:32 pm
oaklandfnatic wrote:i know i just looked it up i was wrong denver has to easy of a schedule but hopefull dallas has worn themselves out there still 10 bellow 500 against winning teams dont count the ws out

right, we don't count them out yet, BUT it takes a miracle, in my opinion

still a believer, though
Starting Lineup
loyaltyisacurse wrote:
oaklandfnatic wrote:we will have a better conference record if we beat are remianing western conference foes

Again, you have to realize that each team's remaing 7 games are ALL against conference opponents.

The Warriors are 2 games back in conference record and only 1 game back of the Nuggets. So if they Tie the Warriors have only netted 1 conference win.

you dont think the ws cant come back from a 1 game or 2 game deficit you are stupid if you think that they have two much heart
I like pie
Starting Lineup
loyaltyisacurse wrote:

you dont think the ws cant come back from a 1 game or 2 game deficit you are stupid if you think that they have two much heart
I like pie
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:41 pm
So after all this debate in which I provided facts you resort to calling me stupid? Anything can happend, but the odds are very heavily stacked against the Warriors, heavily. If they can pull their heads out of their collective arses and get some luck, yes they can make it.

Just realize that the Warriors are now 4 games under .500(even worse on the road) vs current Western Playoff teams and still to play @ New Orleans, vs. DEN and @ Phoenix. And these 3 Teams are also currently the HOTTEST 3 teams in the conference 8-2, 7-3, 8-2 in their last 10.

Ther are peaking when it matters while the Warrios are 5-6 in their last 11 and appear to be playing w/o passion and appear to be tired.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:50 pm
i was calling you stupid for not believing in the w they just it a rough patch they will get there A game back for the 7 remaining games you just wait
I like pie

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:27 pm
Their chances are very low. Tonights game was supposed to be an insurance just in case they lose to a below .5 team.assuming ofcourse that we cannot win all games against above.5 teams. They are so inconsistent you cant even say 100% that they will surely win memphis, sacramento, clippers and seattle. No room for a lose now. It was great but this team needs a mini rebuild around monta, wright and some of the veterans davis, jax....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:14 am
So this was a stinker at the worst possible time... awful game by... well, everybody except Monta.

I don't think Dallas played THAT well. It was more lack of effort and focus on our side. They beat us 56-38 on the boards, for god's sake! You can't stay on the game when you're shooting worse than your rival and you give them 18 more possessions.

After this, we're almost done in the playoffs race. The only chance we have is if we win every single game remaining in our schedule. Then why might have an outside chance if Dallas and/or Denver lose more than expected. But I wouldn't bet on it.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads