Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2008-03-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Nowitzki make his return against the Warriors?

Poll ended at Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:39 pm

YES
29%
NO
71%

Total votes : 14

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:39 pm
Golden State Warriors (45-29) @ Dallas Mavericks (46-28)

Start time 6:30 PM PST @ The American Airlines Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the Dallas Mavericks
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jason Kidd
SG - Jason Terry
SF - Josh Howard
PF - Malik Allen
C - Erick Dampier

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.2) | D. Nowitzki (23.6)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.2) | D. Nowitzki (8.8)
APG - B. Davis (7.7) | J. Kidd (9.5)
SPG - B. Davis (2.4) | J. Kidd (2.3)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.2) | E. Dampier (1.5)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:42 pm
i dont think he will. i think he's gonna wait until friday when they play the lakers. but whether he comes back or not, its a must win. we need this game.

warriors by 7
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:48 pm
I'm with EMan. IMPORTANT AS HELL GAME!

Now we need some help from Phoenix. :cry:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:58 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I'm with EMan. IMPORTANT AS HELL GAME!

Now we need some help from Phoenix. :cry:
No help from the suns... I think this emotional roller coaster of a season has taken its toll on our big 3, if we don't bounce back quickly against the Mavs then there'll be no way we'll make the playoffs - If we loose then that's it.

We haven't been playing very well anyways, the Mavs are a better team and the Nuggets are just now finding their game. Seems like a lot of teams in the West are now starting to get into playoff form while we still treat these games like exhibitions - with our poor ball handling, stupid/sloppy passing, the occasional complete break down on D and our newly found inability to make easy layups - all signs of fatigue.

Forgive my pessimistic outlook, and don't lash out against me in defense of my own team, but my loyalty and optimism have wained and I'm tired.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:17 pm
all or nothing

next year though mavs will be getting older suns are older spurs aare older 3 gone were experience more well be at the top next year

:bs: whos ever puting the white bs flag up should die
Last edited by rebel on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like pie
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:27 pm
Wright should be the first player to come off the bench. If Buike doesn't start then Buike should be first off the bench, but I would like to see Wright get some early minutes.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:09 pm
speakonitgod wrote:Wright should be the first player to come off the bench. If Buike doesn't start then Buike should be first off the bench, but I would like to see Wright get some early minutes.

Join the crowd. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:13 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:Wright should be the first player to come off the bench. If Buike doesn't start then Buike should be first off the bench, but I would like to see Wright get some early minutes.

Join the crowd. :wink:

:D :D

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:01 am
is way too skinny for bass. I saw we bring perovic off the bench.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:05 am
saintdee wrote:is way too skinny for bass. I saw we bring perovic off the bench.

perovic is too soft. wright is skinny but he's wirey strong and has shown that he can D up and rebound in there. wright is BY FAR the better option
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:46 am
Well, it's all or nothing now. BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON!!!. Whoever wins this, will make the playoffs. Denver is playing too well to not make it, so it seems like it will be decided between Dallas and us.

GOTTA WIN THIS ONE!!!, whatever it takes...

Dubs by 5.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:20 am
Im pretty confident that we can edge this one out. The mavs arent that good anymore and its easy to see. They still havent won against any team with a winning record and Im sure Nellie doesnt want that streak to end with the Dubs.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:10 am
This has been one wild roller coaster, caused by the Nellie money grab, the salary dumping, the scheduling which is leading us to a rough finish mostly because we are actually playing legit teams. We are not playing better or worse basketball, we have a brutal schedule and without Jackson, Pietrus, J-Rich and Biedrins who have been in and out of the lineup... no one is seriously afraid of just BD, Monta and Harrington. We have a great record in a year a great record won't get a team in the playoffs ... at the end we took a gamble (on small ball, dumping players in their prime (Dunleavy, J-Rich) and with no defense and further decline of the Mavs there is no way we make the playoffs. GM Nellie has decided to take his chances with a small rotation of short players ... I guess he didn't get the memo that teams with size, defense, low post scoring and one speed guard will have a field day come playoff or pre-playoffs because there will be fewer and fewer full court situations. NBA playoffs is not rocket science, the teams with the excellent defensive field goal percentage wins most of the time and all our players (BD, Jackson, Harrington, Pietrus, Ellis) have inflated stats and value because we run and gun. Good example was the Matt Barnes 2007 free agency love fest ... not! If we lose the game, Nellie may be gone which will speed the rebuilding process (around taller, longer, more physical players)... if we win the game we may live to see the playoffs another day ... all that said I would bet us taking on a confused and rattled Mavs squad.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 am
Man..............this one is too big to even think about right now..............I cant stand it.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:55 am
dareedld you sounded really pesstimistic about the warriors were 16 or 17 ggames above 500 and your calling what nellie did a gamble anyother year we might of got the third or 4 seed we would be 4 seed in the east
I like pie
Next

Return to Game Threads