PRIME TIME BABY

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:57 am
NFL released opening day prime time schedule (nfl.com)
RAIDERS HAVE HOME FEILD MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL OPENING THE SEASON ....funny thing i could be way off but dont the teams that have the biggest fan base ( most marketable) get primium spots?
THE GREAT RAIDER NATION is who the nation wants to see :D :D :D
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:13 pm
Not to be a dick, but that spot isn't that premium, remember the niners/cards game last year. The second game is more of an afterthought to the first game. With a 7pm PST start time, most of the nation won't be watching anyway.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:19 pm
good point however monday night is monday night i truely think that after the long long offseason fans will not be able to get enough football opening weekend.......and since you brought up the cardinals

well lets put it this way neither of the teams you mentioned will be seeing monday night for awhile
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:24 pm
lol, probably true on both points. I was excited to see the Niners on monday night even if it were the second game, i just remember how it was perceived nationally, like it wasn't the real monday night game. The Raiders always have their rivalries to keep interest, so that's probably where the national coverage comes in. Either way, it's likely to be a long year for both the Raiders and Niners, though that won't stop me from watching

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:27 pm
well truth is this that chances are the offseason; once again will be the best time for fans of both teams ,as once the season starts better chance than not it will be all bad .
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:05 pm
The Raiders are the laughingstock of the league. :roll:

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:08 pm
at least they draw a an audiance LOL
i love sf3 :mrgreen:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:09 pm
The Niners had FOUR national televized games last year... how many did the Raiders get. The Niners have sold out EVERY game for THIRTY years. The Raiders blacked out three in the last two years. Dont tell me about no audience. :roll: :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:11 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The Niners had FOUR national televized games last year... how many did the Raiders get. The Niners have sold out EVERY game for THIRTY years. The Raiders blacked out three in the last two years. Dont tell me about no audience. :roll: :wink:



last year is over move on to the TODAY
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:13 pm
JOEL wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The Niners had FOUR national televized games last year... how many did the Raiders get. The Niners have sold out EVERY game for THIRTY years. The Raiders blacked out three in the last two years. Dont tell me about no audience. :roll: :wink:



last year is over move on to the TODAY


The Cardinals got the opening game last year. That really worked out well for both their team moral and the perception of the fans towards them, didnt it? :roll: :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:59 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
JOEL wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The Niners had FOUR national televized games last year... how many did the Raiders get. The Niners have sold out EVERY game for THIRTY years. The Raiders blacked out three in the last two years. Dont tell me about no audience. :roll: :wink:



last year is over move on to the TODAY


The Cardinals got the opening game last year. That really worked out well for both their team moral and the perception of the fans towards them, didnt it? :roll: :wink:

:mrgreen:

lets try and keep it current :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:31 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The Raiders are the laughingstock of the league. :roll:


So... you think they put them in prime time just to laugh at their futile attemps to play football? :mrgreen:
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3647
» Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:33 pm
TMC wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The Raiders are the laughingstock of the league. :roll:


So... you think they put them in prime time just to laugh at their futile attemps to play football? :mrgreen:
:)

Actually it's probably for the same reason the 9ers played opening night last year - to give some love to the westcoast. NFL has always been good at spreading the exposure and not forgetting about the little guys. Though the 9ers and Cards both had high expectations last year :wink:
User avatar

Site Admin
Posts: 3647
» Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:38 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:The Raiders are the laughingstock of the league. :roll:
Nah, the Raider are more like that old, disgusting, senile, grandpa that can never remember your name, shouts obscenities for no reason, and that completely embarrasses you in front of your friends. But you have to spend time with him because daddy Goodell says so... Or was that Al Davis...?

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:50 pm
I LOVE IT reed two takes
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests