Game Thread: Warriors @ San Antonio Spurs 2008-04-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors stop the Spurs seven game winning streak?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:05 pm

YES
61%
NO
39%

Total votes : 23

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:05 pm
Golden State Warriors (45-28) @ San Antonio Spurs (51-23)

Start time 5:30 PM PST @ The AT&T Center

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Monta Ellis
SF - Stephen Jackson
PF - Al Harrington
C - Andris Biedrins

Probable starters for the San Antonio Spurs
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Tony Parker
SG - Michael Finley
SF - Bruce Bowen
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Fabricio Oberto

Team leaders this season
PPG - B. Davis (22.2) | M. Ginobili (20.2)
RPG - A. Biedrins (9.2) | T. Duncan (11.6)
APG - B. Davis (7.8) | T. Parker (5.8)
SPG - B. Davis (2.4) | M. Ginobili (1.5)
BPG - A. Biedrins (1.2) | T. Duncan (2.0)
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:07 pm
Expect a lot of flops and a lot of dirty plays. You guys already know which team I speak of.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:48 pm
i see this being a VERY frustrating game.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
Poster Credit: 30
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:56 pm
This game I can see the Warriors losing...but you never know...they will need to play perfectly....

Lets just hope the Suns help us out and take out the Nuggets in their back-to-back games on Monday and Tuesday.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:03 pm
San Antonio has been on a roll winning their last 7, but most of those were against weaker teams. But they sure looked good against Houston today.

This would be a good game to give significant minutes to Wright and Croshere, both to match up against some of the bigs from the Spurs and also to keep the other guys fresher for the game the next night against Dallas. And maybe Wright could surprise Nelson!

I don't expect the Ws to win, but you never know. The Spurs have only lost 6 times at home all year, the fewest of any team but Utah. But with the Ws, you never know, sometimes they play best against the best teams.
Last edited by hoopitup on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:05 pm
krome wrote:This game I can see the Warriors losing...but you never know...they will need to play perfectly....

Lets just hope the Suns help us out and take out the Nuggets in their back-to-back games on Monday and Tuesday.

Yep - the Suns are my second favorite team over the next two nights!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:06 am
umm you guys do realize we're going to lose this one right? win lose win lose. We're going to lose this one. Beat mavs. Lose to memphis. Beat NOH on National TV. Lose to Sacremento at home and then Beat Denver at home. I think if we continue the win lose trend it might get us into the playoff easier.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:36 am
saintdee wrote:umm you guys do realize we're going to lose this one right? win lose win lose. We're going to lose this one. Beat mavs. Lose to memphis. Beat NOH on National TV. Lose to Sacremento at home and then Beat Denver at home. I think if we continue the win lose trend it might get us into the playoff easier.

LOSE TO MEMPHIS???? And to Sacramento at home???. Come on...

Call me crazy, but I think we have a better chance at winning this one than the previous game against Denver.

Not saying it's gonna happen.... but I'm not as pessimistic as I was for that game. Dubs by 4 in OT.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:20 am
Well...now Dubs need to play the rest of the season game like Final championships game or else we done for the playoff....
Let's make it happen W's.......by 3...and Baron will kiss his finger again

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:13 pm
offense versus defense......

nuff said
LARGE NUTS

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 pm
Well, I said it before, this 4 game road trip will help define where the W's sit at the end of the year.

If they can do a 2-2 split (I'm happy)

if they go 3-1 (I'm ecstatic)

if the go 4-0 (I'm in Amsterdam)

Let's do this thing and put ourselves in 7th seed!

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:28 pm
With the Dallas game, deciding who gets the hammer for the 8th seed after this tussel with SAS on a back to back, I can't see us going full throttle against a very solid SAS team. We can play big (Wright and company) to get experience on Duncan, or run and gun with the scrubs (Azu, Barnes, Croshere) and company giving BD and Jackson rest. Going 45 minutes each for our three amigos (Jackson, BD and Ellis) could be a suckers bet (have a good tight game against SAS and blow up against Dallas). A win would be nice, but a moral victory could lead us spent against Dallas. As long Nellie doesn't play all in (with the minutes), I say we should play to win. Bring in Azu early for Ellis 1st quarter, have BD take most of the second quarter off, bring in Wright or Croshere early for rebounding (it should be a good game if we can rebound), let Jackson rest in the third, and play a good fourth quarter.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:40 pm
I can see the Warriors winning this game in a thriller, but I can also see the Spurs completely handing the Warriors their asses in this game. I am hoping Nelson decides to use more than 7 players in this game, but I doubt it :banghead: Come on Warriors, shock the Spurs, AGAIN!

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:49 pm
sleandres wrote:I can see the Warriors winning this game in a thriller, but I can also see the Spurs completely handing the Warriors their asses in this game. I am hoping Nelson decides to use more than 7 players in this game, but I doubt it :banghead: Come on Warriors, shock the Spurs, AGAIN!

me two its a toss up....we have beat them twice once with once without duncan.....
rotation...nellie can play cj a little more and also austin and wright....
i kinda think he is trying to hid wright for the playoffs ....nellie imo wants to use wright as a secret weapon ( just a gut feeling)
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:58 pm
we beat the spurs before when they were at full strength... though at that time they were not on the stride that they usually were in... but i still think our guys still have a chance to take this game on the road. it will be one hell of a game though.
Next

Return to Game Threads