Raider Nation Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5859
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:58 pm
What's everyone think of our Recieving Corps???

I think we in better stead with Javon Walker as our no1.

Javon will stretch the field and i imagine Ronald Curry will just work those Short and Sweet nifty plays on the lower.

Zach Miller is gonna step up too... i think he'll be pro bowl TE in about 3 to 4 years (once Tony G retires) obviously he needs to have a bumper season to get there. But his one of the hardest working guys on the roster and he single handly made our TE position RESPECTABLE after all those God awful attempts with Courtney Anderson.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:10 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:What's everyone think of our Recieving Corps???

I think we in better stead with Javon Walker as our no1.

Javon will stretch the field and i imagine Ronald Curry will just work those Short and Sweet nifty plays on the lower.

Zach Miller is gonna step up too... i think he'll be pro bowl TE in about 3 to 4 years (once Tony G retires) obviously he needs to have a bumper season to get there. But his one of the hardest working guys on the roster and he single handly made our TE position RESPECTABLE after all those God awful attempts with Courtney Anderson.


Walker was a good signing. But it was also a bad one at the same time. You never know what you'll get from him. If you get the Javon Walker from his days as a Packer, JaMarcus will love him as his number one. If not, well... yeah.

Miller isn't going to be a Pro Bowler in three-four years. Not being biased at all. Even when Gonzales retires, there's still Antonio Gates, Todd Heap, and Kellen Winslow Jr. The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest at certain positions that many people don't pay much attention to. And TE is one of them, sometimes. But I like Miller, he was solid at Arizona.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:18 pm
Miller is gonna have a long career, and he's gonna be a good pro... but not a pro bowler. Not soon, at least.

As for Walker... well, he's an improvement, that's for sure, but the Raiders paid a sh*tload of money. I doubt he'll be able to live up to that contract. Time will tell, tho. Maybe all he needed was a change of scenery after what happened in Denver.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5859
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:53 pm
i think all the factors are there for Miller to be successful... he's got a QB from the same draft Class who no doubt will base that to be one of his favorite targets... He's also a awesome Lead blocker, you might not see too many Raiders Highlights on Sportscentre but he paves the way for Fargas and or Rhodes depending who we are running.

I'm well aware Xbaywarrior it's a popularity contest but i think the Raiders will be a popular winning organization in 3 or 4 years so yeah.... Book me on his bandwagon to Hawaii

How bout Deangelo Hall becoming a Raider... Crazy Al loves his seconadry!~!~
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:33 pm
can't wait NFL season start again...
want to see Raiders play and where can 49ers do in the next season...

maybe both of them will play in SuperBowl... :drinking:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:25 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:i think all the factors are there for Miller to be successful... he's got a QB from the same draft Class who no doubt will base that to be one of his favorite targets... He's also a awesome Lead blocker, you might not see too many Raiders Highlights on Sportscentre but he paves the way for Fargas and or Rhodes depending who we are running.


Fargas. Has to be him. You didn't re-sign him for nothing. He's one of the very few Raiders I like.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:I'm well aware Xbaywarrior it's a popularity contest but i think the Raiders will be a popular winning organization in 3 or 4 years so yeah.... Book me on his bandwagon to Hawaii


The Raiders may be a winner, but not a popular one. Let's face it, as long as you're located in a city called Oakland, you're never going to be popular no matter how big you go or what you accomplish. Look at the Warriors.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:How bout Deangelo Hall becoming a Raider... Crazy Al loves his seconadry!~!~


Hall is overrated. I've never liked him. But I will admit, you probably have the fastest secondary in the NFL.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:46 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:i think all the factors are there for Miller to be successful... he's got a QB from the same draft Class who no doubt will base that to be one of his favorite targets... He's also a awesome Lead blocker, you might not see too many Raiders Highlights on Sportscentre but he paves the way for Fargas and or Rhodes depending who we are running.


Don't get me wrong. I like Miller. It's just that I don't see him as a pro bowl player. Not enough... I don't know... not enough exposure, let's say. One of those guys that plays well but goes unnoticed most of the time.

I also like Fargas... which puts the Raiders in a weird situation. McFadden will probably be available... but with Fargas re-signed and Bush, Jordan and Rhodes also available (although I think Jordan will be cut at some point), do you still pick him?.

I can see the Raiders easily trading down, maybe with New England so the Pats can pick Gholston (who won't be available for them at their current spot). I think that would be the best option for Oakland. Trade down a few spots and get another pick.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:How bout Deangelo Hall becoming a Raider... Crazy Al loves his seconadry!~!~


Retarded. Just posted about it in the NFL thread.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:36 pm
We got Hall!!!!


Aso and Hall...
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:47 pm
Hall is a pompous, over-rated, over-paid asshole. Have fun with him, and his 70 million dollar contract. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Hall is a pompous, over-rated, over-paid asshole. Have fun with him, and his 70 million dollar contract. :wink:


That's probably the best, funniest, easiest scouting report that I have ever read about Hall because well...

it's true.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:22 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Hall is a pompous, over-rated, over-paid asshole. Have fun with him, and his 70 million dollar contract. :wink:


That's probably the best, funniest, easiest scouting report that I have ever read about Hall because well...

it's true.


hard to tell if he will fit good in Raiders or not...
but with asamugha in the back at least Raiders have some confidence on defense...49ers also will step up in offensive play...alex and shaun will compete for starter but maybe will end up like Raiders last season where Culpepper and 'the clown' share the ball game but of coz i didn't wish them have the same result again like last year....

should i called my self RaiNers....hehehehehe :mrgreen:

Rookie
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:43 pm
Raiders sign DE Kalimba Edwards

Edwards is kind of a project, didnt live up to his ability in Detroit. I read an article that said he's a hard worker but it just hasnt produced results on sundays yet.
Never hesitate to dunk on a mofo.
-rsl
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5859
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:07 pm
rslproductions wrote:Raiders sign DE Kalimba Edwards

Edwards is kind of a project, didnt live up to his ability in Detroit. I read an article that said he's a hard worker but it just hasnt produced results on sundays yet.


Good signing for our DLine...

everyone keeps saying how weak we are on the DLine but i think we have made inroads and there's no doubt in my mind we are taking a Lineman with the 4th Pick.

& it doesn't matter if it's Dorsey, Gholston or Long who ever is available cause the reason we resigned Tommy Kelly is cause his a very versatile Lineman.

I got a small feeling Burgess could be on the out if he talks contract... his been a great pass rusher but his 30 years old this year and not a great run stopper.... we maybe able to pick up a 2nd round pick for him from the right people (He's got PROBOWL Juice still left in his veins, i dunno for how much longer)

Gholston is probably gonna be the best choice... Put him at End or in some plays his athletism could have him playing at Outside Linebacker on Blitzing Scenarios (Gholston Project=Merriman)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:16 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:& it doesn't matter if it's Dorsey, Gholston or Long who ever is available cause the reason we resigned Tommy Kelly is cause his a very versatile Lineman.


Long won't be there. Both longs will go 1 & 2, although I'm not sure in which order.

As for the others, I think Gholston will definitely be there (unless New England trades up for him, but it would cost them too much) and I think he'd be a good pick.

Dorsey?. Maybe. The Falcons are love him, but nobody really knows what they're gonna do with their pick. Seems a bit too high for a QB (in this draft), so I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to draft Dorsey.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:I got a small feeling Burgess could be on the out if he talks contract... his been a great pass rusher but his 30 years old this year and not a great run stopper.... we maybe able to pick up a 2nd round pick for him from the right people (He's got PROBOWL Juice still left in his veins, i dunno for how much longer)


A second rounder?. You're crazy, pawno. You got a 4th rounder for the freaking Randy Moss... Burgess is still productive, but he's 30 already. You'd be lucky if you get a third.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: oakland
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:07 am
damnnn football....all good players they trade for 2nd rounder and even moss they trade for 4th rounder...why not 1st pick

can we get Dwight Howard for our 2nd rounder draft and KG with the 2rd round....

:mrgreen:
Next

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests