Work To Be Done This Summer

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 14
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:06 pm
This team, with all its supposing talent and upside, remains a borderline playoff team and adding another draft pick isn't all of sudden going to make them a contender. An uptempo game doesn't necessarily have to mean your biggest guy is 6'7 out there which has been hurting them all season long on the boards and on the defensive end where they can't stop anyone. The weakest defensive links on the floor is Ellis and Biedrins. Ellis can't guard the majority of shooting guards in the league and its too much to ask of Baron Davis to guard someone like Kobe. When Azubuike was in the game, he did a much better job because of his size. Ellis was also getting abused by Jordan Famar and a 33 year old Derek Fisher, who both took him off the dribble nearly every time. Biedrins, since he's been a Warrior, would rather jump with both hands up instead of trying to block a shot, which in turn could very well just change the shot and be just as effective. He's not a great rebounder and much like Murphy, doesn't get those tough rebounds. His 9.1 per game average is a result of him being the only guy above 6'6 on the floor for his team.

Miami will be looking to move Shawn Marion this Summer. Why? Because the cap-minded Heat will not want to re-sign him long term and Marion doesn't want a 3 year contract and will pick up his option which will pay him $17M in 2008-09. Marion is 6'7, but is one of the best rebounders in the league. A shot blocker with a touch of scoring ability. He should fit right into this team. I'd sign and trade Biedrins (starting at $7M) and package him with Harrington along with this year's first round pick to Miami for Shawn Marion and their second round pick. If they could move Haslem for a point guard, then they'd be in business. Wade, Beasley, Harrington, and Biedrins? The Warriors get a Nellie type player in the Marion who could play the 4 spot for this team. The second round pick could be a DeVon Hardin.

Memphis is showing some serious interest in Monta Ellis and with Memphis being a few hours away from his hometown of Jackson, Mississippi, Ellis may welcome playing for the Griz. The Warriors, with the Gilbert Arenas rule, can now match their offer without regard for the cap, but would they really want to? Would this team be much worse without Monta who is more of a liability than he is an asset. Don't think a guy like Azubuike can score 17 a game in his place if need be? Memphis may offer Ellis $9M for his first year. What would be the move then? Sign and trade Ellis to get Mike Miller and Kyle Lowry. Miller, with his versatility and 3 point shooting would absolutly be a monster for Nellie.

08-09 Line up

PG Davis - Lowry
SG Jackson - Belinelli
SF Miller - Azubuike - Barnes
PF Marion - Wright
C O'Bryant - Hardin
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:19 pm
Monta more a liability than an asset? are you freakin kidding me??? Seriously.... are you joking?? So you would basically move biedrins and Monta for Marion, Lowry, and Miller . That's pretty lame.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:20 pm
oh wait, has to be a joke, O'bryant is in that line up.... good one.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:20 pm
haha... the guru is back (no kidding).
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:22 pm
Who is this guy, and why did I just allow him to steal a few minutes of my life?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Weird how literally seconds after I post a topic in here talking about the lack of action............here is some.

Ok, so Marion for Harrington, Beans and our 1st is a little too much for my liking. First, Im still waiting to see what Beans can do with a decent/helpful PF with him, if he had a good rebounding/defensive PF with him I think he would be great from a weakside defense and rebounding perspective...........instead of just being resposible for everything inside like is...........problem is, how do we get that PF without giving up Beans or someone else important/who youd want to watch develop.

Second, I think Miami will keep Marion, I think they want to see what Wade/Marion/Beasley combo would do..........but your right, Marion would be great with us, I just think thats quite alot for a guy at his age and with locking up that much cap room too.

Now...............Monta..............wow, I cant say that even in my worst nightmare I could imagine Miller and Lowry for Monta..........man, for me, Monta's upside and dominance in what he does do well, outweighs his defensive liabilities...........also, the guy chips in with 4.5 boards for a 6'2 guard............invaluable!............we just need to right defensive pieces in other positions to make up for Monta's lack of size (the spacial awareness will come soon with learning and playing more)............I want Monta here for atleast 10 years.

I dont have any suggestions of my own at the moment as Im a little out of the swing of thinking about moving people.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:40 pm
I have a lot of qualms about this one.

First, trading two of our most valuable bigs for one undersized natural sf? Wow, way to get even ridiculously smaller than we already are. We would basically lose two centers for a pretty undersized sf. Although I admit he rebounds well for his height and position.

Second, trading Monta? No way. No Monta=NO FUTURE. Monta is the future of the team, there's no doubt about it. And for Lowry and Mike "I have a terrible hairstyle" Miller? Preposterous. Defense comes with time, and he has all the tools to become a decent defender (or at least better than he already is).

DeVon Hardin? I'm sorry but I think this guy is garbage. For his athletic abilities he should be way better than he is performing. He shows glimpses of playing like a beast, but I think he's extremely overrated.
DUBBBIN’ !
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:41 pm
WOW... just WOW!

Was going to leave it at that but have to add a few things.

You realize that Miller is even worse than Monta defensively right? Both are horrible on the ball defenders but at least Monta with his quickness and good hands gets a ton of steals. Miller does neither.

Hardin? Can't be serious right? Have you seen Cal play this year? Hardin is downright AWFUL!
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:21 pm
sleandres wrote:Who is this guy, and why did I just allow him to steal a few minutes of my life?

He's BayAreaHoopz, AKA GSWGuru, AKA RUNTMC2007, AKA GSHoopz2007, AKA WarriorzFanatik...

All those members have posted before from that IP.

As nobody cares anymore about the trades of the GSWGuru, he's posting under a new account.

At least he deserves some props for trying.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:24 pm
yeah, i guess so, just thought it was pretty ridiculous,though maybe the point was to stir up a reaction. POB starting center, that's nice.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:35 pm
TMC wrote:
sleandres wrote:Who is this guy, and why did I just allow him to steal a few minutes of my life?

He's BayAreaHoopz, AKA GSWGuru, AKA RUNTMC2007, AKA GSHoopz2007, AKA WarriorzFanatik...

As nobody cares anymore about the trades of the GSWGuru, he's posting under a new account.

JESUS!!! I didnt realise that was what you meant earlier when you posted that!...........ahh the powers and foresight of the mods! :mrgreen:

Damn, GSWGuru sucked..................although I have to say, remembering the posts from those guys/same person, this one was pretty well explained and justified...........still wrong..........but more thought through that the ones I remember.

Maybe hes back and trying to take our advice? :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:59 pm
you sir, mr. bayareahoopz, posted the most idiotic thing ive ever wasted time on. congrats on that
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:05 pm
Hahahahahahahaha.

Okay I'm done.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:48 pm
TMC wrote:

After I 50 Cent'ed GSWGuru/Ja Rule for his Guru cred he switched up his identity :D :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:45 pm
EMan32 wrote:you sir, mr. bayareahoopz, posted the most idiotic thing ive ever wasted time on. congrats on that

This should be one of the awards for '08 :mrgreen:

Return to Trades