2008 MVP Candidates???

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:52 am
badabing8888 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:But LEbrons defense is average, compared to kobe its garbage. Kobe is the more complete of the two players.

But the award if for the most valuable, not the best player. Right now, Lebron means (a bit) more to the Cavs than Kobe to the Lakers.

Not sure I buy that.

Lakers are not a playoff team without Kobe. With him, they are the #2 seed in a LOADED western conference

Cleveland sits 4th in a weak Eastern Conference and their current record puts them 10th in the West.

Clevelend could POTENTIALLY still make the playoffs in the East without Lebron. The 8th seed in the East is 10 games under .500.

I know this is not quite an apples to apples comparison but you can not exclude Kobe's defense and what it means to his team. His defensive intensity is a key to that team and is a big part of why this team has a great record.

Heres a question then...............what would happen to each team respectively if you swapped players?

Cleveland - Kobe would basically do what he did with the Fakers 2-3 years ago, jack up everything, score 35+ PPG and Cleveland would miss the playoffs............like the Fakers did when he was playing like that.

Fakers - LeBron would gell into the triangle, have the whole thing run through him both in the post and outside and would make everyone around him better with getting better shots and distribution attitudes.

So............what does that mean?...........well, for me, LeBron is the more "valuable" player as he gets all his team mates involved and makes them better, more so than Kobe does.

Could not disagree with that more

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLrighty then. :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:08 pm
LeBron does more with less, bottom line.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:37 pm
sleandres wrote:LeBron does more with less, bottom line.

Indeed. :wink:

And Kobe does more with more and less with less...........if you know what I mean. :wink:
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:17 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:
jimbob631 wrote:But LEbrons defense is average, compared to kobe its garbage. Kobe is the more complete of the two players.

But the award if for the most valuable, not the best player. Right now, Lebron means (a bit) more to the Cavs than Kobe to the Lakers.

Not sure I buy that.

Lakers are not a playoff team without Kobe. With him, they are the #2 seed in a LOADED western conference

Cleveland sits 4th in a weak Eastern Conference and their current record puts them 10th in the West.

Clevelend could POTENTIALLY still make the playoffs in the East without Lebron. The 8th seed in the East is 10 games under .500.

I know this is not quite an apples to apples comparison but you can not exclude Kobe's defense and what it means to his team. His defensive intensity is a key to that team and is a big part of why this team has a great record.
I disagree, the Lakers still have some quality players and a good coach, I think that they would still contend for the 8th spot and maybe dont get in - barely. But the Cavs go absolutely no where with out Lebron - 20 wins at most.

Kobe is a good defender, but his D is slightly overrated, Baron dropped 30 on him. I'm sure his D is good when he isn't behind the play arguing a no call.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:51 pm
bigstrads wrote:
sleandres wrote:LeBron does more with less, bottom line.

Indeed. :wink:

And Kobe does more with more and less with less...........if you know what I mean. :wink:

Thus making him the Least Valuble Player :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:07 pm
The bottom line is that kobe brings more to his team. People are undervaluing the importance of defense. Half of the game is playing defense Kobe does a much better job than Lebron which makes him more valueble. Plus the mvp should be a guy on great team not a team thats barely .500.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:57 pm
not necessesarily...if you take kobe off the Lakers you still have a pretty decent team with Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Fisher...if you take LeBron off the Cavs, what do you have? Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Ben Wallace :roll:

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:13 pm
all of you are wrong...

its all about Luke Walton 8)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk
LARGE NUTS

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:22 pm
luke................ I AM YOUR FATHER
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Previous

Return to NBA Forum