Any respect for Derek Fisher?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you still have respect for Derrick Fisher?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes : 17

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:57 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
sleandres wrote:I think its bull **** that he, despite the horribly sad situation his family is going through, that he was able to get Utah to eliminate his contract and go to the Lakers...I have no respect for Derek Fisher, or his 7 year old boy playing at the YMCA rainbow shot

You realize that his voiding the contact in Utah was BECAUSE of the family situation. He wanted to be near the best care possible for his daughter. How can you call that BS????

only thing is that their are plenty of good stated/cities in the country where he could have the best care for his little one....
it must have been by chance that he resigned with the lakers
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:56 pm
JOEL wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:
sleandres wrote:I think its bull **** that he, despite the horribly sad situation his family is going through, that he was able to get Utah to eliminate his contract and go to the Lakers...I have no respect for Derek Fisher, or his 7 year old boy playing at the YMCA rainbow shot

You realize that his voiding the contact in Utah was BECAUSE of the family situation. He wanted to be near the best care possible for his daughter. How can you call that BS????

only thing is that their are plenty of good stated/cities in the country where he could have the best care for his little one....

What does it really matter? Why are people so offended that he returns to the Lakers? LA offerered the best combination of care for his daughter, career, and lifestyle. I just dont get why people are so pissed about that?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:03 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
JOEL wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:

What does it really matter? Why are people so offended that he returns to the Lakers? LA offerered the best combination of care for his daughter, career, and lifestyle. I just dont get why people are so pissed about that?

doesnt really matter to me i guess ( really he isnt a superstar so he doesnt hurt us) to me if it was about his little one then let it be about that...the fact he ends up back in lakers uni is not by chance. i mean look at stanford or boston or new york their are many many places to get top notch care for his little one.
T.S. Eliot
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:21 pm
Regardless of the whole Utah contract thing - I've always hated Fish, even when he was with the Warriors, I was hella pissed when I heard we picked him up. The hate I have for Fish is comparable with my hate for Kobe, Duncan, Bowen, Derron Williams, and Raider fans (lol).
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:53 pm
badabing8888 wrote:

because I feel the right thing to do for his family is retire

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:54 pm
[quote="JReed23"]Regardless of the whole Utah contract thing - I've always hated Fish, even when he was with the Warriors, I was hella pissed when I heard we picked him up. The hate I have for Fish is comparable with my hate for Kobe, Duncan, Bowen, Derron Williams, and Raider fans (lol).[/quote]

:pirate: here is a GREAT OAKLAND RAIDERS smiley for ya
doing my part :mrgreen:
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:02 pm
sleandres wrote:because I feel the right thing to do for his family is retire

And stop making $5 million per year?. You think his family would like that?.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:00 pm
TMC wrote:

And stop making $5 million per year?. You think his family would like that?.

I don't think money is much of an issue for this family...if it were you or I, obviously the situation would differ
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:10 pm

What knowledge do you have of the situation that leads you to believe that his job prevents him from fullfilling all the obligations to his family?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:08 pm
badabing8888 wrote:

What knowledge do you have of the situation that leads you to believe that his job prevents him from fullfilling all the obligations to his family?

badda imo sleanders needs to be cut some slack on this one... i remember when my wife was ready to bring my first child into this world
well , you know the feeling :!:
T.S. Eliot

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:40 pm
Fisher is a dirty player and I have no respect for him.
Previous

Return to NBA Forum