Any respect for Derek Fisher?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you still have respect for Derrick Fisher?

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes : 17

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:03 pm
With that play that Fisher made, I lost all respect that I had for him. It summed up his cheapness that he is known for. How about you guys? You guys still have some respect?
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:05 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:With that play that Fisher made, I lost all respect that I had for him. It summed up his cheapness that he is known for. How about you guys? You guys still have some respect?

never did and after last night i dont think i ever will.
Go Ham
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:06 pm
We'd be praising him if he had made that play while he was a Dub.

Well, maybe not praise him, but nobody would be asking for his head. He just tried to help his team win.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:08 pm
TMC wrote:We'd be praising him if he had made that play while he was a Dub.

No, I dont think that I would. I would be happy that we won, disappointed that we would have had to cheat to do it. I dont like cheating... at all. I feel as if you have to cheat to win, it is better to lose. Just my take.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:14 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:We'd be praising him if he had made that play while he was a Dub.

No, I dont think that I would. I would be happy that we won, disappointed that we would have had to cheat to do it. I dont like cheating... at all. I feel as if you have to cheat to win, it is better to lose. Just my take.

Cool. But not mine. If it takes some cheating to win a game, I'm all for it. What matters is winning, not how you win (I'm only talking about sports, of course).

It's funny, because I thought like you at your age... but seems like too many years of losing changed my stance.
Last edited by TMC on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:15 pm
Never had respect ever since the Jazz game when he came back and killed us with the three. :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:19 pm
Abyss Impact wrote:Never had respect ever since the Jazz game when he came back and killed us with the three. :banghead:

Why wouldn't you respect a player for trying to win a game for his team? I get losing respect for him for being dirty or being a flopper, but losing respect for him because he did his job??? Kind of silly if you ask me. Not saying I like the guy, and I was definitely angry with him after he killed us in that series, but it has nothing to do with respect.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:20 pm
its kinda hard to. but it wasnt his fault it was delaney. i mean... do you expect him to go up to the ref and say 'ref i pulled him. i admit it. now reverse the call so i can gain my respect back.'

right?
LARGE NUTS
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:05 pm
I have no respect for Derek Butt-Fisher.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:41 pm
i have much less respect for delaney, thinking he had a right to make that call...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:46 pm
You don't have to like Fisher for what he did, but you can't hate on him either. Players will do what they can to win a game and it is the job of the refs to see through that bs and make the right call.

If you hate on Fisher for what he did you have to hate on Jordan for pushing off on Byron Russell and Reggie Miller for all the times he pushed off to get open for a game winner.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:31 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Abyss Impact wrote:Never had respect ever since the Jazz game when he came back and killed us with the three. :banghead:

Why wouldn't you respect a player for trying to win a game for his team? I get losing respect for him for being dirty or being a flopper, but losing respect for him because he did his job??? Kind of silly if you ask me. Not saying I like the guy, and I was definitely angry with him after he killed us in that series, but it has nothing to do with respect.

Completely agree. I respect Fisher, but he does annoy the crap out of me. Delaney is the guy at fault here.

He got tangled up and he was falling backwards and was going to lose track of his man so he grabbed him and hoped to get away with it which he did.

It is no different than a DB getting beat in football and grabbing an arm.

It was a MISSED/BLOWN call... all on the ref.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:46 pm
Well, I would buy that if he was any average player. But since Fisher has a reputation for pulling that stuff, I don't think it played out like that. I certainly don't respect him.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:12 pm
For the record I meamt to vote NO. I used to respect the Hell out of this guy, trying to convince myself that he wasn't really a "Laker". But this made it blatantly clear, he is a cheap ass, cheating, Laker.

I think its bull **** that he, despite the horribly sad situation his family is going through, that he was able to get Utah to eliminate his contract and go to the Lakers...I have no respect for Derek Fisher, or his 7 year old boy playing at the YMCA rainbow shot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:46 pm
sleandres wrote:I think its bull **** that he, despite the horribly sad situation his family is going through, that he was able to get Utah to eliminate his contract and go to the Lakers...I have no respect for Derek Fisher, or his 7 year old boy playing at the YMCA rainbow shot

You realize that his voiding the contact in Utah was BECAUSE of the family situation. He wanted to be near the best care possible for his daughter. How can you call that BS????

Return to NBA Forum