32's Two Minute Ramble: ORLANDO MAGIC

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Oh, no doubt, he'll be a star by this upcoming season... I'm just saying his TRUE dominance (which only comes with experience) is going to be league wide, not simply for the Magic. It'll be scary as hell when it happens... and I'm like you, I bet it comes sooner than later.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:02 am
Oh, yeah, Dwight is going to be a star sooner than later, but I don't think he'll be close to Amare. He lacks Amare's nastiness. Too much of a nice guy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:59 am
Dwight Howard sure is something absolutely special and could almost singlehandedly lift the Magic to the playoffs. I reckon he will be a possible 20pt and 10rb player this season

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:01 am
Howard's game compared to Amare's is like comparing Hakeem and Shaq's... Amare is more of nasty, don't-care, in-your-face, get outta the way game... and Howard's is more of a "there's nothing you can do, I'm gonna score no matter how you guard me" game... They'll both be great, but in different ways.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:46 am
Dwight howard looks like he is capable of being Kevin Garnett like but with more scoring. The Magic really did well getting him and if they work around him, they could be the best in the East or at least a top 4 team for years. Wouldn't be surprised if Howard is let go as a freeagent though (Like another Big player they had before..........)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:51 am
If they let him go, the NBA should disband that team. There's no way a front office can be so consistently bad.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:00 am
Um...................... The Warriors management have been rather bad over the last 10 or so years.................

:oops:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am
Not THAT bad... we never let SHAQUILLE O-MOTHER-F*CKING-NEAL walk away for nothing... that was probably the worst blow to any NBA team ever...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:33 am
At least the scrubs we drafted came up to play (see Fran Vazquez).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:38 am
Yeah, seriously
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:12 pm
Warriors let Webber go for Tom "I'll play good for other teams but not this one" Gugliotta!
Tim Hardaway and Gatling for aging Kevin Willis and Bimbo "better off being a bimbo" Coles!
Sprewell for John "I'm a ball hog" Starks!

There have been a few fuks ups I'd say!

:roll:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:17 am
Webber left because Nelly and he couldn't co-exist and we chose the coach (like morons). Hardaway just had a major knee surgery, so we traded for Bimbo Coles while Tim still had value (cause we thought his knee was shot and his playing days were over... dammit!). Sprewell choked PJ, so we needed to deal him fast to prove to the players on the roster that no one could get away with something like that (and Starks was probably the best trade offered).

And, in all cases, we got at least SOMEBODY back. Shaq walked away for NOTHING... not to mention Shaq is probably worth ALONE all those players put together in a trade for him. Yeah, he's that good.

There was NO lube in play when Orlando got rammed with that one.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:34 am
migya wrote:Warriors let Webber go for Tom "I'll play good for other teams but not this one" Gugliotta!
Tim Hardaway and Gatling for aging Kevin Willis and Bimbo "better off being a bimbo" Coles!

No sh*t, but this is a different front office. Thankfully, we don't have dwarfdick & St. Jean anymore.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:40 am
Player32 wrote:Webber left because Nelly and he couldn't co-exist and we chose the coach (like morons). Hardaway just had a major knee surgery, so we traded for Bimbo Coles while Tim still had value (cause we thought his knee was shot and his playing days were over... dammit!). Sprewell choked PJ, so we needed to deal him fast to prove to the players on the roster that no one could get away with something like that (and Starks was probably the best trade offered).

And, in all cases, we got at least SOMEBODY back. Shaq walked away for NOTHING... not to mention Shaq is probably worth ALONE all those players put together in a trade for him. Yeah, he's that good.

There was NO lube in play when Orlando got rammed with that one.

I'm just mentioning the fuk ups of the Warrior's management of the past.

You are right that the Magic were very stupid. Especially in not seeing that Shaq was going to leave and trading his arse before that happened.

Sprewell could have been traded for more. He was great back then and there would have been plenty of teams that would have given better offers if the Warrior's management had been more patient

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:42 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Warriors let Webber go for Tom "I'll play good for other teams but not this one" Gugliotta!

No sh*t, but this is a different front office. Thankfully, we don't have dwarfdick & St. Jean anymore.

Yeah, those are the reasons why the Warriors were so shiit for so long! Just two dickless fools!

:x

PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board