Best and Worst Sports commentators or onair personalities

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:28 pm
Bigs, he worked for ESPN. He has said before that he would do it again, but ESPN hasn't called him to do any games. You can stream the radio show at KNBR.com or listen to interviews on the archives.

http://www.knbr.com/razorMrT/index.html
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:55 pm
sleandres wrote:Bigs, he worked for ESPN. He has said before that he would do it again, but ESPN hasn't called him to do any games. You can stream the radio show at KNBR.com or listen to interviews on the archives.

http://www.knbr.com/razorMrT/index.html

Great man, thanks alot...........Im listening to a couple now, Azu and Nelly interviews recently were pretty cool.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:00 am
About Barkley, I was listening to Ralph and Tom and some guy mentioned that back in the day, Barkley wanted to play for the Warriors but Nellie didn't want him and maybe Barkley has some animosity towards Nellie and that's why he is negative with the Warriors. I never heard that one before.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:38 am
epp1e wrote:Stephen A. Smith... that is, when he argues with people. I generally agree with the stuff he says & respect him for that, but dude stop trying to remind people you're friggin King Kong (or rather, that you think you are). He especially likes to pick fights with Bill Walton. As a commentator, I guess he's alright. As a person, I think he's trash.

funny cuz i like stephen a smith and dont like bill walton. i just dont like how walton points out the most every obvious detail and not see the smaller important ones...he's like john madden...those two just get on my nerves... walton will take somethig simple and get excited over it like "OH! HE DROVE THROUGH THE LANE!!!" or "WHAT A JUMP STOP!!"
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:52 pm
EMan32 wrote:
epp1e wrote:Stephen A. Smith... that is, when he argues with people. I generally agree with the stuff he says & respect him for that, but dude stop trying to remind people you're friggin King Kong (or rather, that you think you are). He especially likes to pick fights with Bill Walton. As a commentator, I guess he's alright. As a person, I think he's trash.

funny cuz i like stephen a smith and dont like bill walton. i just dont like how walton points out the most every obvious detail and not see the smaller important ones...he's like john madden...those two just get on my nerves... walton will take somethig simple and get excited over it like "OH! HE DROVE THROUGH THE LANE!!!" or "WHAT A JUMP STOP!!"

haha... I agree completely. I also hate how he tries to connect what is going on during the basketball game to something way more meaningful like, "This win reminds me of MLK because he had a dream and tonight this team's dream was to win and they won."

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:26 pm
metalface wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

haha... I agree completely. I also hate how he tries to connect what is going on during the basketball game to something way more meaningful like, "This win reminds me of MLK because he had a dream and tonight this team's dream was to win and they won."

LMAO about bucktooth walton......what gets me is when he says THROW DOWN BIG MAN THROW DOWN what a jock sniffer
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:38 pm
I like Walton and Barnett. I hate Chuck - he is ignorant and biased, and Dick Vitale - He is the most annoying person on TV and probably jerks off while watching old Duke vs UNC tourney match ups. "YEAH BAAABY!!!"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:25 am
i had to watch the warriors take la down in pismo beech so i had to watch the lakers announcers a guy named stu and joel anyways i thought they did a very nice job.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:10 pm
These guys blow...

Ralph Barbieri- The biggest homer of all time

Bill Walton- Shut your mouth big man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Merchant- self loving pompous a-hole

Last years Monday Night Football crew
Never hesitate to dunk on a mofo.
-rsl
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:30 am
RobDIKUM wrote:About Barkley, I was listening to Ralph and Tom and some guy mentioned that back in the day, Barkley wanted to play for the Warriors but Nellie didn't want him and maybe Barkley has some animosity towards Nellie and that's why he is negative with the Warriors. I never heard that one before.
Just read this, lol, WTF would Nellie do with a clumsy fat oaf like Chuck?
Previous

Return to Sports Board