08 March Madness Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:36 pm
God damn Duke..... barely beating Belmont. Shouldnt have. Stupid lucky Duke. :roll:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:28 pm
Ugh...lost 1 game in my bracket so far (and looking at the scores, only one I'm going to lose today). I'm so mad about it too 'cause I had it right and then changed my mind at the last minute. Oh well. I love March Madness!!!!!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:13 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:God damn Duke..... barely beating Belmont. Shouldnt have. Stupid lucky Duke. :roll:


Gahhh, that would've made my day if it happened. I hate Duke so much. They got manhandled by Clemson last week and were taken to the limit by Belmont. I want them out!
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1335
» Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:46 am
wow that ucla game sure as hell was fair :roll:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:52 pm
webelieve wrote:wow that ucla game sure as hell was fair :roll:


What? 70-29 isn't fair to you? :mrgreen:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:38 pm
Anybody see that Western Kentucky-Drake game? I made fun of that game earlier in the week because of the two no-name teams, but that game was sick! Holy crap, what an ending! :mrgreen:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:28 pm
Duke is out! Go West Virginia beating them 73-67. Now thats what's up.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 6107
» Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:41 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Duke is out! Go West Virginia beating them 73-67. Now thats what's up.


This Duke team had to have been the WEAKEST #2 seed I have seen in a LONG time.

Good news is that I had them losing in round 2.... bad news is that I had Zona as the team beating them. DOH
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:40 pm
Damn, Stanford is having a tough time against Marquette. They need Brook Lopez in there, who has been in foul trouble. :|
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1335
» Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:56 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Damn, Stanford is having a tough time against Marquette. They need Brook Lopez in there, who has been in foul trouble. :|


great game by the furd i mean ford... :-o

its been a great march madness season!
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:08 pm
Man, Brook Lopez is for real. Holy crap! :shock:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1335
» Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:26 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Man, Brook Lopez is for real. Holy crap! :shock:


yeah that was a big shot i just dont know how far they can go maybe the elite 8
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:59 pm
webelieve wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Man, Brook Lopez is for real. Holy crap! :shock:


yeah that was a big shot i just dont know how far they can go maybe the elite 8


As I said before, size matters in the tournament. I wouldnt be surprised to see them topple Texas and Memphis. Stanford's guards need to start playing defense, though. The Lopezes had to do everything on defense, and on offense, I guess, too.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:19 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
webelieve wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Man, Brook Lopez is for real. Holy crap! :shock:


yeah that was a big shot i just dont know how far they can go maybe the elite 8


As I said before, size matters in the tournament. I wouldnt be surprised to see them topple Texas and Memphis. Stanford's guards need to start playing defense, though. The Lopezes had to do everything on defense, and on offense, I guess, too.


Sure seems like it. When both Brook and Robin were taken out, they're offense failed to generate offense. Also, Marquette's guards easily penetrated in for a layup. Then when they checked back in, BAM! Both were changing shots and Brook was ON FIRE! They were feeding the rock to him more than Robin because he was on it that game. Gotta love these twin towers.

I'm not going to lie, I'm not a Stanford fan because I'm a Cal guy, but I really like this team. They could reach the Final Four if others contribute to help the Lopez Towers out. But I mean damn... two 7-footers who can single-handedly take over a game in at the same time? That's scary.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:04 pm
Damn, I thought that Davidson was going to pull that off against Kansas. What a terrible last play, though. Wow, they really blew that.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests