Warriors getting little respect from ESPN.

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:16 pm
Read this, its guaranteed to piss u off. Are we all just crazy to think warriors will win big this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-GoldenStatePreview0506
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:19 pm
Eh, the only people with opinions who actually matter (Scoop Jackson, John Hollinger, & Chad Ford) all voted for us. Former players who are trying to make a name for themselves as antalysts because their play was comical in the NBA (Tim Legler, Will Purdue) are just hating to try and make waves. Listen to the people who KNOW what they're talking about, not a stuck up reporter like O'Brien or nobody's that half the fans don't even KNOW played in the NBA (like Purdue and Legler).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:57 am
Chad Ford's opinion matters?, come on, that guy's the laughingstock of the nba analysts. I still have to read an insightful article by him. Seems like every euro he writes about is going to be the new Nowitzky or the new Stojakovic. Darko Milicic was going to break all kind or records in the nba, and was more than ready to be a starter in his rookie season. Come on, this guy's a joke.

About the article, I don't really care about what other people think, everybody has an opinion, and mine is that the Warriros have enough talent to win big. But we won't know for sure until the season gets underway. Right now, my opinion is as valid as theirs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:25 am
ESPN has long been a bunch of fools!

I like Steve Kerr's views from the Yahoo website. He seems to be closer to the right view and he states good reasons why he says what he says. He also states the best and worst of what might happen to every team, showing that he admits that he doesn't know everything and could be wrong. I like that kind of humbleness

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:42 am
Aside from Ford's lackluster Euro opinions, he's usually right on when it comes to NBA players. I, personally, like his opinion most of the time. More than "I'm-gonna-be-a-dick-in-your-face-on-live-TV", Mr. Jim O'Brien... I swear, if I was a player in the league, I would have decked him SO many times...
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:30 pm
Legler's been hating the warriors for a while, it makes me sick. 14th in the conference?? the best last place team in history?? give me a break, i can't stand legler. But most of those are pretty low, it's disgusting, but we'll see when the season starts.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:34 pm
Like I said, Legler is purely a drinker of the Hateraid...
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:40 pm
I swear he's mad cause he had to play for the warriors that one year.... like he was anything more than a 3 pt shootout participant anyway...I hate sorry ass players who become analysts and act like they are so damn great. Oh well, warriors are gonna whoop a lot of ass this year and he's gonna jump on the bandwagon too
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:57 pm
NBA antalysts are usually like that.

Kenny Smith acting like the king of the Dunk Contest when he didn't win ONE... he just entered a bunch.

Tim Legler acting like "he knows what it takes" to make it in the NBA, despite riding the pine 95% of his one-dimensional, lackluster career.

Will Purdue commenting on big men like we dont remember that clip of the ball bouncing off his head as a Spur... great awareness, Willy!

Steve Kerr commenting next to Marv Albert, acting like a little smart ass because he no longer sits on the bench for Michael Jordan or Tim Duncan and lets them win him a bunch of championships...

I hope Reggie Miller turns out like Charles Barkley. NBA players who've proven themselves are always the best analysts because it doesn't sound ridiculous when they try and explain "what it takes"... I believe a legend or former star over some nobody like Legler anyday.

Return to News Articles