Warriors' Barnes recalls last visit to Arco

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:47 pm
For those of you that think Matt Barnes isn't still affected by his mom's death...

http://www.mercurynews.com/warriorsheadlines/ci_8622659

SACRAMENTO - Warriors forward Matt Barnes was back at Arco Arena for the first time since Nov. 28, the day after his mother, Ann Barnes, died from cancer.

"She wanted me to play, so I kept playing for her," Barnes said before Tuesday night's game against the Sacramento Kings. "But I wasn't focused. I tried to use it as a distraction, but it was hard to focus."

It was Barnes' first trip to Sacramento since his mother's death, he said, and he still hasn't been to his mother's house. He said he won't go until he's ready.

"Last season, I used to find reasons to come home," Barnes said. "Now, I'm staying away for some reason."

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:52 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:For those of you that think Matt Barnes isn't still affected by his mom's death...

SACRAMENTO - Warriors forward Matt Barnes was back at Arco Arena for the first time since Nov. 28, the day after his mother, Ann Barnes, died from cancer.

"She wanted me to play, so I kept playing for her," Barnes said before Tuesday night's game against the Sacramento Kings. "But I wasn't focused. I tried to use it as a distraction, but it was hard to focus."

It was Barnes' first trip to Sacramento since his mother's death, he said, and he still hasn't been to his mother's house. He said he won't go until he's ready.

"Last season, I used to find reasons to come home," Barnes said. "Now, I'm staying away for some reason."

nice post cap...shows the reality.....he loved his mom
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:07 pm
Man..............that is so sad............Matt obviously still hasnt come to terms with it, feel sorry for the dude.

Im not going to say a bad word against him, we all kind of forgot about his Mother dying and I think we as fans need to cut the guy some slack, again, especially in light of how he is/isnt dealing with it very well.

Props to Matt for carrying on and trying your best, we all for respect you for that at the very least.

Ohh and Captain_Jack..........I think he needs you to take care of him, give him some of your TLC. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:09 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:For those of you that think Matt Barnes isn't still affected by his mom's death...

Thanks for posting this...who would think it wasn't affecting him? :scratch:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:40 am
For real.

Anybody comparing Matt Barnes' situation, with his mother's passing, to the birth of Mickael Pietrus' son, in terms of tramatic effect, is either callous as hell or doesn't know what they're talking about.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:23 pm
Get well soon Matty boy.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:31 pm
bigstrads wrote:Man..............that is so sad............Matt obviously still hasnt come to terms with it, feel sorry for the dude.

Im not going to say a bad word against him, we all kind of forgot about his Mother dying and I think we as fans need to cut the guy some slack, again, especially in light of how he is/isnt dealing with it very well.

Props to Matt for carrying on and trying your best, we all for respect you for that at the very least.

Ohh and Captain_Jack..........I think he needs you to take care of him, give him some of your TLC. :wink:

I know right? I'm working on it!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:19 am
May God bless her soul. Rest in peace Ann Barnes.

And much love and respect to Matt. It's so tough to lose a mother that was so near and dear to you.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Return to News Articles