What Do You Think The Warriors Record Will Be?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Playoffs?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:28 pm
O.G. broe wrote:The original O.G.has spoken and my word is born :happy3:

Does that make me an O.G. in training? :mrgreen:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:53 am
TMC wrote: :headbang:

And I'm not high in everybody but Dunleavy, I've got my doubts about Zarko, Taft or Ellis, but they still haven't played enough to have a valid opinion about them. Dunleavy has been a starter since Jamison left, he had time and the chance to evolve and didn't do it. It's not the same situation.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for him during the games, hoping he gets better.

On the money yet again

8)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:55 am
TMC wrote:
Player32 wrote:You wouldn't say that the departure of Jamison rushed Dunleavy into a starting role too soon? I think so! Even last season, Mike looked way too green to be starting on the Warriors! However, during this preseason, he's shown a different attitude; he's more aggressive and more selfish and a better NBA style player. Doesn't that make him more dangerous or are you guys looking so far down the line at players like Ike and Biedrins that you've forgotten about the real people that could very well have breakout seasons THIS year???

Um, maybe. But he had a season under Jamison and came from a top program in Duke. He wasn't a high school kid overwhelmed by the NBA. He should've been more ready than the average guy in his position, but there's a chance he wasn't. I don't really know. You may have a point there.

Player32 wrote:We keep talking about how Pietrus and Ellis and Taft might break out someday... well, Dunleavy's time is now. This is his season to explode. And nobody's excited about it?!? I shudder to think of what happens before Ike's 4th season when we draft somebody that the board calls "A true center who will immediately help the rebounding on the team!"... come on, guys. Stop looking SO FAR ahead that you forget the present. Junior's season is coming and none of you are gonna admit it until after it happens!

Let it happen first. What we've been saying is that we don't believe it will happen, based on his performance till now, but if it does, great. We're not closed to that possibility.

Player32 wrote:I only say some people are unfaithful Warrior fans because they sit on the fence and wait it out until someone proves that their a star (or they just dream about future stars that could become great players years from now), instead of rallying behind the young talent that's proving itself now. Troy Murphy had a career season last year and when I got to the board, mostly everybody still hated him and ripped on his defense! Jason Richardson bolstered his scoring average from a mere 17 points to 21 points a night! People here still complain that "he can't take opponents off the dribble or defend well enough or have a good enough field goal %"! Even Adonal Foyle bounced back from an injury plagued season and grabbed 2 more boards with double the blocked shots per game, and you people all but send him to the electric chair! Why? Because he has an extra zero on his contract that you don't agree with? Quit living in the clouds with stories about what Mickael, Andris, or Ike could possibly, someday evolve into what might be "stars" and show a little more love towards your starting lineup, people. They wouldn't be in there if they weren't the best we got at this time right now. You claim that you're Warriors fans. Start acting like it.

This is not directed at TMC or migya or anybody in specific, as I'm sure you're all Golden State's finest. This is just a little frustration from a guy who's tired of hearing ESPN shrug off the Warriors and rip on their players. Why supposedly get it from Warrior fans as well?

Maybe we're cynic about some players but that's because we're as tired of losing as anyone, we've been supporting youth movements since the Run TMC, and we're desperate to have a great team once and for all.

So part of this "hate" comes from frustration, and it happens to every team. But hey, that shows we're truly great fans, if not, we would have change allegiance years ago.

So let's hope for the best this upcoming season. At least, it seems like we're finally going somewhere.

Seems like you are ready for your GODSHIP - Come and join me brother
:D

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:55 am
Here's his card, TMC, feel free to give him a call and ask for a position...

"Hating Dunleavy Incorporated"
An Independent Company Based On The Nonimprovement of the Golden State Warriors
Migya - President

:-o just playing, migya... even though I'm sure you'd love a card to say that first line in real life!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:49 am
May I apply for a VP position? :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:54 am
It's open! Just type out your resume and email it to migya!

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:39 am
real posts up front
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:11 pm
Close Player32 but my I'd rather a company called

THE PUSH FOR WARRIORS SUCCESS THROUGH IMPROVEMENT OF ITS UNDERACHIEVING PLAYERS

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:21 pm
... improvement of underachieving players? Isn't that like naming your company "the hope for players like Mike Dunleavy" company? Mike is the definition of underachiever on our team at the moment. I don't get much hope towards him emitting from you, bro...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:20 am
migya wrote:THE PUSH FOR WARRIORS SUCCESS THROUGH IMPROVEMENT OF ITS UNDERACHIEVING PLAYERS

TPFWSTIOIUP Inc. Sounds weird. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:47 am
Player32 wrote:... improvement of underachieving players? Isn't that like naming your company "the hope for players like Mike Dunleavy" company? Mike is the definition of underachiever on our team at the moment. I don't get much hope towards him emitting from you, bro...

I'd rather have Pietrus improving his skills but I want Dunleavy to get better ofcourse. He gets better - The Warriors get better!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:49 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:THE PUSH FOR WARRIORS SUCCESS THROUGH IMPROVEMENT OF ITS UNDERACHIEVING PLAYERS

TPFWSTIOIUP Inc. Sounds weird. :mrgreen:

HAHAHAHAHA

We'll have to think of another name VP

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:11 am
Regardless, giving up one on (Mike) and focusing on another (Mickael) would be a bad situation. We've seen Mickael in a starting job several times. He doesn't exactly do a "stellar" job at it. Meanwhile, what if Dunleavy suddenly snaps into it and becomes an NBA player? Why not keep both and see what happens.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:44 pm
Keeping both would be nice but how much MONEY would that cost the Warriors and would they be able to sign the other young guys like Biedrins..............

If Pietrus doesn't show consistent and productive play - about 10 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 1 steal per 20 - 25 minutes - He too should be looked on as a possible trade commodity

Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball