CHRIS PAUL THREAD

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:21 pm
Just Watched CP3 tear LAL a new one...

Damn, he's good...

N.O is for real...
Im Convinced...
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:17 pm
I'm glad we beat them at their home. That was inspiring.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:35 am
New Orleans has it all to be a truly dangerous team.

Great PG?. Check.
Good shooters?. Check.
Good rebounders? Check.
Somebody able to score inside? Check.
Bench?. Check.

With CP developing even more in upcoming seasons, they might be a title contender soon. Not this year, tho. Not enough experience yet.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:33 am
TMC wrote:Bench?. Check.
Not quite there (in comparison to the rest of the top teams that is)... but their rookie (Wright... sidenote: What's with all these great Wrights popping up?!) is looking like a promising prospect as of late, and this year's draft is incredibly deep with talent so they may very well pick up another nice player for their bench. Mo Pete isn't much of a starting SG, I think Bonzi would do much more for them there.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:12 am
epp1e wrote:
Not quite there (in comparison to the rest of the top teams that is)... but their rookie (Wright... sidenote: What's with all these great Wrights popping up?!) is looking like a promising prospect as of late, and this year's draft is incredibly deep with talent so they may very well pick up another nice player for their bench. Mo Pete isn't much of a starting SG, I think Bonzi would do much more for them there.

I consider Mo Pete as an above average player. Smart, good shooter, never tries to do too much... of course they could improve a bit at SG, but he's adequate. No team is perfect at every position.

As for the bench, Bonzi, Mike James, Pargo (underrated guy), Ely, Hilton Armstrong, Julien Wright, Rasual Butler, Chris Andersen (who's back from his suspension, although still not in playing shape)... I think they have one of the top 5 benches in the conference. Maybe even top 3.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:32 pm
TMC wrote:
epp1e wrote:

I consider Mo Pete as an above average player. Smart, good shooter, never tries to do too much... of course they could improve a bit at SG, but he's adequate. No team is perfect at every position.

As for the bench, Bonzi, Mike James, Pargo (underrated guy), Ely, Hilton Armstrong, Julien Wright, Rasual Butler, Chris Andersen (who's back from his suspension, although still not in playing shape)... I think they have one of the top 5 benches in the conference. Maybe even top 3.

I agree, deep bench...I think it goes unoticed though becuase it is not guys you have heard of (ie Dallas or San Anotonio's bench). THis team doesn't seem to have many holes. I think SA is the only team they wouldn't beat in a best of 7, and maybe the Warriors :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:41 am
TMC wrote:
epp1e wrote:

Im with you TMC
N.O has a dangerous bench

Return to NBA Forum