OFFICIAL Boston Celtics Thread

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:59 pm
Okay, so where's the love for this franchise? Yeah, I'll admit, I'm not a Celtics fan yet I own a Paul Pierce jersey, but hey... anytime you have Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett on the same team, I'll watch.

First question... is this team overrated?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:02 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:First question... is this team overrated?


:dontknow: Who knows?. It's the east we're talking about. If they were playing in the west, it would be easier to know if they're for real or not.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:03 pm
i think they are top 4 in the league not over rated over aged yes over rated no...its hard for me to support any team that buys their way
to the show
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:14 pm
Alright. What about this team taking the offer from Minny instead of the Dubs or Bulls or whomever else made their case for KG? That was pretty sad. I mean yeah, Ainge and McHale go way back, but still.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:18 pm
its not always what you have or what you got ...age old story
its who you know
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:21 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:Alright. What about this team taking the offer from Minny instead of the Dubs or Bulls or whomever else made their case for KG? That was pretty sad. I mean yeah, Ainge and McHale go way back, but still.


What about the Pacers taking over Murph and Dun's contracts for Jackson and Al Harrington?. Mullin and Bird also go way back...

Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts. I'm kinda happy they passed our offer for Boston's. I'd rather have a decade of Monta than 4 years of KG.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:16 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:First question... is this team overrated?


We will certainly find out in the Playoffs, if they do get through the East, I do not think they would beat San Antonio, LA, New Orleans, Houston or Dallas though.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1786
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:18 pm
sleandres wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:First question... is this team overrated?


We will certainly find out in the Playoffs, if they do get through the East, I do not think they would beat San Antonio, LA, New Orleans, Houston or Dallas though.


What about the Dubs?!?!?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1099
» Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:36 pm
There gonna be bad in the playoffs because rivers is gonna play a 12 man rotation which makes no sense.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1786
» Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:29 pm
Since this thread is everything Boston.....

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TTvOswqcrPk[/youtube]
8)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1768
» Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:19 pm
They only have 2 years to be a good team...after that, they need to rebuild the team again...KG,R.Allen are old already...
Different with W's...we have monta,wright,beans,marco(hopefully),Azubuike...to be good/great players in the league...

Monta probably will turn to be like A.I
Wright......maybe like Chris bosh mixed with Kareem A.J (hook shot)
Marco.....wish he can be Manu or rick Barry :mrgreen:
Beans.....unique C with good block and soft hands ability.
Azu....C.Barkley ...hehehe i hate to mentioned about him....but i azu looks like him ..short and good jumper
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:50 pm
speakonitgod wrote:Since this thread is everything Boston.....

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TTvOswqcrPk[/youtube]
8)



:D Hey that was my Sig for a few weeks :mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1786
» Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 pm
sleandres wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:Since this thread is everything Boston.....

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=TTvOswqcrPk[/youtube]
8)



:D Hey that was my Sig for a few weeks :mrgreen:


Lol... I remember when they first put this video up.. I watched it about 20 times over.... 8)

All Star
Posts: 1096
» Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:58 am
i am seeing a lot more Garnett jerseys.. apparently everyone has been a closet Garnett fan.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:49 am
GSW United wrote:They only have 2 years to be a good team...


I'll give them four. Those guys are young enough to still play at a big level for four years (including this one).

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JREED and 2 guests