32's Two Minute Ramble: CHICAGO BULLS

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:38 am
Chicago Bulls

Where They've Come From...

No Dynasty, short of the Celtics, has fallen apart in the past decade quite like the Bulls in the post-Jordan era. Their roster included the NBA's greatest guard of all time (Jordan) who averaged 30 points a season, to go along with apprentice Scottie Pippen (who averaged superstar numbers next to Michael), Dennis Rodman (a freak on the boards grabbing 16 rebounds a night at only 6'8"), Luc Longly (a legit, shot-blocking big man who was over 7-feet), Ron Harper (a ball handler who could score from the perimeter), Steve Kerr (statisically, the best 3 point shooter in league history), and Toni Kukoc (a Euro shooter who could, seemingly, do a little bit of everything like Pippen). Every player listed could play defense like a pro (with the exception of Kukoc & Kerr) and every player could play offense well, too (with the exception of Rodman). On top of that, they were coached by popular choices greatest coach in NBA history, Phil Jackson. They won 6 rings and played in a season where they only lost 10 games (72 wins). Teams CANNOT get any better. From that point of view, where they're at now cannot compare.

F

Where They Are...

The Bulls feature a unique lineup... one that may someday grow into something powerful. Ben Gordon is a future star who won the NBA's 6th man award as a rookie. He's capable of putting up 20 points in the 4th quarter alone. Gordon's backed by Tyson Chandler, whom the jury is still out on. He could be a league great big man, but he could also fall short. Kirk Hinrich is the playmaker, who's only getting better. On top of that, they traded Eddy Curry to the Knicks for promising young forward, Michael Sweetney. Luo Deng returns again at forward after averaging 11 points as a rookie. Their veteran is Tim Thomas (not great, but not bad, either). Very young, very green, but still very talented.

B-

Where They're Going...

To the top. The Bulls return to the head of the playoffs is inevitable if they keep the pieces together. Curry for Sweetney may turn out to have been a horrible trade this season, but it could bode well for the Bulls in the long run. Ben Gordon will eventually average over 20 points a game. Hinrich will also top out at around 16 or 17, while providing 7 assists. Deng will become a decent small forward (they're hoping for around 15 points from him) and Sweetney will take over the PF spot, allowing Chandler to flourish in his natural position at the 5. As the Bulls grow up, much like the Warriors, they'll improve. They are to the East what Golden State is to the West; a team who'll be effective enough this season, but more dangerous as they develop over the next 2 or 3 seasons.

A-
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:51 am
yup I pretty much agree with u, and I love sweeny's game. He is a Load!
and If sweeney lives up to expectations the curry trade wont be that bad for the bulls. Hinrich I think is a good PG but isn't a difference maker between a winning and losing team. Deng and Gordon should have breakout soph. seasons.
Last edited by The Real Newman on Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:05 am
Yeah, I also happen to agree with most of what said. But Gordon should learn to do other things on the court, other than scoring. Chandler is my pick for Most Improved Player, that says it all.

What do you think of Nocioni?, you didn't mention him in the overview. I've been watching him play for years and still don't know if I love him or hate him. I like his attitude, but sometimes he's too nasty and out of control.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:18 am
He'll be fine as a backup. Deng will get most of the minutes between them, so I don't think too much about his development. Definately someone they'd like to keep, but he's not starting material with Deng and Sweetney at the forward spots.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:16 pm
Player32 wrote: but he's not starting material with Deng and Sweetney at the forward spots.

I don't know about that. He's the kind of player Skiles seems to love. I'd have Deng over him, but you never know...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:20 pm
Well, per 48 (which, for some reason, a lot of people on this board are discounting... very weird, but anyway), Deng scores 3 more points than Nociono. I know Skiles digs him, but I dunno if he'd start him while Deng is playing better with his minutes.
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:27 pm
nice job on these, good stuff
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:06 pm
Thanks, man. Just trying to jump start other areas of the forum. Trades and sports talk didn't seem to get a lot of love, so I figured I'd start posting here.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:53 pm
I reckon the Bulls have potential but it could all fall apart. With Curry getting traded, the bulls may have lost a bit of identity. There's always Gordon as well. If he can take his share of shots without disrupting the team then the Bulls will be fine. You never know though. Chandler is a big key for them. If he can't adjust well then they will be nowhere near as good as they what could be

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:06 pm
True, the team needs to stay together for a pretty long time to be effective. Nevertheless, I don't think it'll be too hard. Aside from Gordon (who rightfully thinks he should start), I don't see anybody's ego's swelling too big. If they hold it together, they could be a playoff contender in years.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:50 am
Luol Deng sure seems like he could be a star. Wonder whether he will start ahead of Tim Thomas. I reckon he should as Thomas just provides scoring and not much else

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:44 am
I'm gonna guess the starting five will be Tyson @ the 5, Sweetney at 4, Thomas at the 3, Gordon at 2, and Hinrich playing point. That's their best lineup, anyway. But Deng, overtime, will become better than Thomas... maybe even over the season. Doubt they'll keep him starting after this trade, though...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:33 am
I think that lineup, but with Deng replacing Thomas at SF, is the best for the Bulls but they will most likely have Gordon coming off the bench again

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:49 am
I'd rather have Gordon coming from the bench, as a spark for the offense. He's a defensive liability, so he's better suited for that role. It doesn't really matter, as long as he closes the games.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:05 am
The more minutes Gordon plays the more points he might get, so I say start the prik! He doesn't do much else so he may be a liability in a sense.

Next

Return to Sports Board