Game Thread: Warriors @ Phoenix Suns 2008-03-13

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors have enough gas to take the season series against the Suns?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 pm

YES
95%
NO
5%

Total votes : 19

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:35 pm
Hey we believe let me remind you that the W's can't go 20-0 to end the season or whatever the final number are...

And being a W's fan??? I called off of work to see this team play tonight...So don't give yourself a pat on the back you rookie!!! 8)

Face reality when you lose the momentum and confidense in the 3rd quarter behind a rolling Suns team...The betting advantage goes to the Suns...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:36 pm
anyone remember it was a back to back? yeah we looked a little down in the 4th (almost like we had given up) imo we were just worn out...the raptors came back on us late in the game last night and we burned up some energy for the what 11 point victory then we fly out tothe cactus run hard for three quarters i think we just ran out of gas.....
also looked to me like jackson's ankle or toe started to act up..
we press on and call it a day
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Hopefully they can take out their aggression on the Grizzlies on Saturday. They better comeback hard.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:39 pm
Wright should have gotten minutes instead of the big lanky Latvian giant tonight...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:41 pm
If the W's have taken care of business early against the lowly Raptors...maybe we could have had more energy for this game...(Monta)

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:43 pm
J-Rich wrote:If the W's have taken care of business early against the lowly Raptors...maybe we could have had more energy for this game...(Monta)

coulda woulda shoulda bla bla bla
T.S. Eliot

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:44 pm
When faced with a team with an elite big, Nellie has no answers ... besides jettison and dumping players like POB and Foyle and returning Wright to the bench to watch the like of Barnes shoot point blank bricks. I always use the LMU vs NC game as a model of how to destroy the run and gun, with superior size a team needs to slows down the tempo and shoot point blank layups at a whopping 70% which also allows them to get back in defense. Since he can't be bothered with a simple pick and roll or even goodness forbid an actual low post game, our only answer to the likes of Stoudamire is shoot more threes. Some nights those shots just don't fall. They better fall against the Fakers and Rockets, or we will be entering the Beasley ping pong watchfest.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:46 pm
dareedle wrote:When faced with a team with an elite big, Nellie has no answers ... besides jettison and dumping players like POB and Foyle and returning Wright to the bench to watch the like of Barnes shoot point blank bricks. I always use the LMU vs NC game as a model of how to destroy the run and gun, with superior size a team needs to slows down the tempo and shoot point blank layups at a whopping 70% which also allows them to get back in defense. Since he can't be bothered with a simple pick and roll or even goodness forbid an actual low post game, our only answer to the likes of Stoudamire is shoot more threes. Some nights those shots just don't fall. They better fall against the Fakers and Rockets, or we will be entering the Beasley ping pong watchfest.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:46 pm
You're the one making up excuses for this loss by saying this was a back to back...I'm saying that they let the lowly Raptor back in the game when they were up big in the 1st quarter AT HOME!!!!

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:48 pm
J-Rich wrote:You're the one making up excuses for this loss by saying this was a back to back...I'm saying that they let the lowly Raptor back in the game when they were up big in the 1st quarter AT HOME!!!!

excuse or reality yeah we were up and then we were not for whatever reason to get the w we had to use up some gas
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:52 pm
Yeah, they can score in bunches and so can the Suns too I might add...That's what killed the W's...

Bigs you are so violent tonight...I really hope that there isn't a full moon out there because someone out there might turn into a werewolf :shock:

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 pm
guys, j-rich and dareedle just come here after losses to talk sh..

that's just their way of feeling important, please don't bother replying to them, you only make them happy

they don't deserve your attention, really - let them play with their frustration and post unanswered messages, that is what they deserve
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 pm
fascinating game - I actually feel pretty good about it - the only W who had his A game was Baron, they were on the back end of a back to back and other than a 15-3 explosion on the heels of the 5th shaq foul/Technical, the Ws still outplayed and outscored the Suns. the next 3 games are all doable wins, and that leads to Houston, which is playing well over its head and is due for a deflation after the Celtics game next Tuesday, so pretty easy to see them at 44-24 then...oh,and Charles Barkley's I hate the warriors shtick is getting really boring...my prediction: they finish 52-30, which in this sick conference is good for 8th spot, the best record an 8th seed has ever had, and meanwhile, there will be a team in the east making the playoffs with a 38-44 record...it needs to get fixed...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:59 pm
Disappointing loss, but as others have posted, they can't win every game. They showed in the first half that they can play with Phoenix and beat them. Monta and Jackson were off tonight, and none of the other guys except Baron played that well (maybe Azubuike....). That's going to happen sometimes, especially on a back to back.

But I am amazed at the fair weather fans, particularly those of you who almost seem to enjoy seeing the Warriors lose. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but we don't have to like yours!

The Ws are 16 games over .500, are still on track for a 50 win season, and they're still 2 games ahead of Denver for the last playoff spot. There's still a lot to enjoy about the team.

Oh, and Baron was awesome tonight, too bad he couldn't get any support.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:08 pm
Who is this mattrrii character he is like the mosquito biting my arseee....Where is your lovely knowledge about the game...I haven't heard from you all season did you just come out the dung pile???
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads