Kobe might "complain" his way to an auto suspensio

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:16 pm
Though I would post this, as I am interested in anything negatively portraying Kobe Bryant. If I am not mistaking, I think this happened to Rasheed Wallace a few times this season.

Kobe Bryant is three technical fouls away from an automatic one-game suspension by the league, a reality that is serious enough for coach Phil Jackson to have spoken to him about it earlier this week. On the other hand, Jackson said some of Bryant's 13 technical fouls were in defense of other Lakers according to the Los Angeles Times.
"Kobe is the protective top dog for most of his teammates," Jackson said. "I think he's gotten four or five of those technicals going to bat for his teammates this year rather than individually complaining about his own situation."
"As a team, we have to really just calm down, understand the mentality of referees, that it's give and take out there," Jackson said. "You get rewarded a lot of times for not [complaining] when you know they miss something."
Source: Los Angeles Times
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:25 pm
That's pretty interesting. I wonder how close Cap'n Jack is to getting that one game suspension. He's gotten a few T's this season. Anyone know how many to be exact??
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:45 pm
Both Baron and Jackson have 8 and Matt Barnes has 6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbafouls&sort=techs&league=nba&avg=pg
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:58 pm
I guess that happened to Rasheed last year, when he had 21 technical fouls. In fact, after looking at that link, Rasheed has lead the league in techs 9 of the past 11 seasons (including this year). Did he really have 40 Technical Fouls in 2000-01? :shock:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:40 am
LMAO & Phil Jackson's lame excuses for Kobe.

What a spin doctor. "Oh, he's getting T's standing up for his teammates." :roll: Show me ONE clip where Kobe gets so upset over a call on his teammates that he warrants a T and I'll show you doctored footage.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:42 pm
when did nKOBEl start caring about his teammates..... oh thats right it was during preseason this year LMAO
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:40 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:Both Baron and Jackson have 8 and Matt Barnes has 6.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbafouls&sort=techs&league=nba&avg=pg

Thanks 4 the info :notworthy:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:30 pm
sleandres wrote:I guess that happened to Rasheed last year, when he had 21 technical fouls. In fact, after looking at that link, Rasheed has lead the league in techs 9 of the past 11 seasons (including this year). Did he really have 40 Technical Fouls in 2000-01? :shock:

Not this year - Kobe leads the league with his 13. 'Sheed only has 9.

They talked about it on ABC today during the Rockets/Lakers game, saying that Jackson was saying that Kobe and the rest of the team needed to stop complaining about calls so much. In case you're curious, here's the top 4 teams in the league (most technicals):

Denver -- 45
Boston -- 35
Lakers -- 33
New Orleans -- 31

The Warriors only have 26, which puts them in the middle of the league.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:38 am
The Top 3 make sense, they are all a bunch of whinny bitches

Return to NBA Forum