Houston Rockets

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:35 am
I gotta give it up to the Rockets. 20 in a row is amazing. Even if they had a roster full of all-stars it would be quite a feat but you look at that roster and you wonder how they do it.

Goes to show that a good mix of players that play smart and know their roles can go a long way.

Well done Rockets!
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:27 am
I can't believe TMac hasn't injured himself yet.

Hopefully they'll tail off though - especially when you look at their upcoming schedule (after the Charlotte game):

Lakers
Boston
@NO
@GS
@PHX

They could easily go 0-5 on that, especially since that last 4 games are paired as back-to-backers.

Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:44 am
I really hope they do, but I have a bad feeling that they won't. If they beat the Lakers, it may be a bad sign.

Congrats to them for the win streak though. 20 in a row is tough even if it is against some garbage teams.
DUBBBIN’ !
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:01 pm
I personally hope they're 23-0 when they face us.

We started the streak - looks like we gotta end it.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:06 pm
aletha33 wrote:I personally hope they're 23-0 when they face us.

Yup...............just like New Orleans............love being the team to stop people in there tracks and prevent some history! :evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:07 pm
aletha33 wrote:I personally hope they're 23-0 when they face us.

That would be AWESOME!
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:15 pm
Thunder wrote:I can't believe TMac hasn't injured himself yet.

Hopefully they'll tail off though - especially when you look at their upcoming schedule (after the Charlotte game):

Lakers
Boston
@NO
@GS
@PHX

They could easily go 0-5 on that, especially since that last 4 games are paired as back-to-backers.

Man, that's gotta be a real test for them. After that stretch, we'll know if they're for real or not.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:59 pm
anyone else thinking that with the rockets current roster and the fact that theyre doing so well without yao, it makes yao expendable? i mean, slim chances that they trade yao, but it seems to me that theyve shown they are a fast paced team and yao slows the game down...kinda like the suns (a fast paced team, with shaq slowwing them down).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:29 pm
EMan32 wrote:anyone else thinking that with the rockets current roster and the fact that theyre doing so well without yao, it makes yao expendable?

Nope. Too much money from the asian market that the Rockets would lose.

Purely from a team performance approach, I think so (for the right deal, of course), but not when you consider all the profit they make because of Yao.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:57 pm
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:anyone else thinking that with the rockets current roster and the fact that theyre doing so well without yao, it makes yao expendable?

Purely from a team performance approach, I think so (for the right deal, of course), but not when you consider all the profit they make because of Yao.

That is a great point TMC.

That make me curious to see how much Rocket related revenue in generated in China or from the global asian community in general.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:58 pm
TMC wrote:

Wouldnt that be weird though if they decided to shop him..............its such a huge market that they could demand and make a case to get extra players/value on top of the exchange for Yao.................that would be a weird one but sadly (or maybe not, whichever way you look at it) one that is/will perhaps become common with all the foreign markets interest.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:23 pm
badabing8888 wrote:That make me curious to see how much Rocket related revenue in generated in China or from the global asian community in general.

According to Forbes, only the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls and Pistons (barely) have more value than Houston. Their anual revenue is $149 mil, and that amount has almost doubled since they drafted Yao (and it's increasing year after year).

I don't have the specific data from the asian market, but the team went from an anual revenue of 82 mil in 2003 to 149 in 2007, all since Yao was drafted. That says a lot about the kind of impact he had on that franchise.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:34 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
TMC wrote:

That is a great point TMC.

That make me curious to see how much Rocket related revenue in generated in China or from the global asian community in general.

I am sure the numbers are astronomical. There is no way the Rockets can move Yao. Don't forget he was part of the 1st 12 wins of the streak.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:59 pm
And the streak is over at 22. They lost to the Celtics 94-74 tonight.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:05 pm
Well it had to end eventually. And the Lakers won so they move back into a tie for 1st in the Wild West
Next

Return to NBA Forum