Trade Dunleavy?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:54 am
Oh sure, he's a good power forward, there's no doubt. But he needs to improve for the team to move on.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:49 pm
I don't think he will improve. I think he just has to continue doing what he's been doing - Blocking shots, rebounding and getting dunks and layup. He also needs to lead with his energy. Th younger guys on the team should get better.

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:14 pm
If Kenyon doesn't improve his rebounding average, the Nuggets wont have a real player who can grab any boards (besides Camby). 7 rebounds a game isn't great for the 4 spot (especially if you have Martin's kind of advantages as far strength and jumping ability). He needs to show more desire as a player; not just flashy highlights.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:48 am
He is not great but he is better than many PFs and that should be good enough to keep the Nuggets a strong playoff team

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:05 am
Eh, I have a gut feeling the Nuggets will pull a Timberwolves this season and just blow it from lack of desire. I don't see Martin giving it 100% the way he should and I think Carmelo's still too damn green to lead a playoff team... I'm guessing 1st, maybe 2nd round. They'll make the playoffs, but the only way they're getting out of the 1st is if they play us...
Last edited by 32 on Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:52 am
I don't, not with Karl at the Helm, it's too soon. They may implode in 2 or 3 seasons, but not now. And I think their defense will improve a lot this season. Not to the point of being title contenders, tho.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:55 am
Definately not... calling them contenders is too soon, also.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:18 pm
I'd be happy to see a trade for Dunleavy+Fisher for Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkolgu+fillers. Oh god that would be great. Nelson is going to be special. He would be such a great contrast from Rotten Fish
http://s12.invisionfree.com/All_Basketb ... hp?act=idx][
Looking For Warriors Mods and Warriors Bloggers AllBallAdmin@gmail.com If You Are Interested
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:53 pm
Yeah, Nelson IS gonna be something... and I think that's why the Magic wont trade him (at least, not for a backup like Fisher with an unproven Dunleavy).
Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:00 pm
Player32 wrote:Yeah, Nelson IS gonna be something... and I think that's why the Magic wont trade him (at least, not for a backup like Fisher with an unproven Dunleavy).

What about a pick? A good pick in the 15-20's like ours could get guys like Leon Powe or diamonds in the rough. That would be intruiging. I am just so fed up I'm willing to get rid of Fisher and a pick for a real PG.
http://s12.invisionfree.com/All_Basketb ... hp?act=idx][
Looking For Warriors Mods and Warriors Bloggers AllBallAdmin@gmail.com If You Are Interested
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:18 pm
Well, truth is, Derek's a solid PG on most nights. I know you saw a horror movie in Sacramento with him, but I'd say he's worth a place on the roster (if, for nothing else, experience and the knowledge of how to win).
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:06 am
CABALLA wrote:I'd be happy to see a trade for Dunleavy+Fisher for Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkolgu+fillers. Oh god that would be great. Nelson is going to be special. He would be such a great contrast from Rotten Fish

I said the same thing three month ago. But I think the warriors will have to give up atleast a pick or two to get rid of that contract.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:08 am
CABALLA wrote:
Player32 wrote:Yeah, Nelson IS gonna be something... and I think that's why the Magic wont trade him (at least, not for a backup like Fisher with an unproven Dunleavy).

What about a pick? A good pick in the 15-20's like ours could get guys like Leon Powe or diamonds in the rough. That would be intruiging. I am just so fed up I'm willing to get rid of Fisher and a pick for a real PG.

Good god!! Get out of my mind. I wrote the previous post without reading yours, damn its a Halloween curse.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:51 am
For a real pg who is going to play behind Baron?, I wouldn't lose a pick for that. That's a position we should fill through free agency. Trade Fish for a player who plays other position or for expirers, but I wouldn't lose a pick just to get rid of his contract.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:54 am
CABALLA wrote:I'd be happy to see a trade for Dunleavy+Fisher for Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkolgu+fillers. Oh god that would be great. Nelson is going to be special. He would be such a great contrast from Rotten Fish

This trade sounds beautiful but The Magic would want a pick and I'm fine with that. Sure wouyld make it easier to sign guys like Pietrus and Biedrins when it is their time to resign. Also, if Dunleavy wants the money he is asking for, the Magic will no way do it! Hedo is a very good player and Jameer (if happy being a backup for a few years) is a very good PG in many ways!

PreviousNext

Return to Trades