Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Warriors 2008-03-12

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors continue their success at home against the Raptors?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:30 pm

YES
97%
NO
3%

Total votes : 29

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:29 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:Just remember, guys.... They say the Raptors are the Eastern Conference Warriors. They never say the Dubs are the Western Conference Raptors. Just some food for thought....

I dont really see that comparison...............I dont get to see the Raptors alot but they average 100.1 points and give up only 96.0 per game, they dont rebound well but they also dont get out-rebounded like we do.

The only reason people say they are like us is because they have alot of 3-point shooters................and again, I dont see many of there games but I dont see any comparison in the way they play at all.

Yea I know.. but the mere fact that they always compare the raptors to us, but never us to them, says a lot about who the better team is... I guess im reachin but just a thought

IT SAYS A LOT ABOUT WHO " THEY" ARE
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:36 pm
JOEL wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:Just remember, guys.... They say the Raptors are the Eastern Conference Warriors. They never say the Dubs are the Western Conference Raptors. Just some food for thought....

I dont really see that comparison...............I dont get to see the Raptors alot but they average 100.1 points and give up only 96.0 per game, they dont rebound well but they also dont get out-rebounded like we do.

The only reason people say they are like us is because they have alot of 3-point shooters................and again, I dont see many of there games but I dont see any comparison in the way they play at all.

Yea I know.. but the mere fact that they always compare the raptors to us, but never us to them, says a lot about who the better team is... I guess im reachin but just a thought

lol good point

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:05 pm
All I know is if Bosh is back then the W's might have problems...They have proven that they are not mentality ready when they come back from a few days of not playing a game...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:10 am
JOEL wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Not really. Their style is not even similar to ours.

It says a lot about the NBA anal-ysts, who don't really seem to watch many games...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:00 pm
TMC wrote:It says a lot about the NBA anal-ysts, who don't really seem to watch many games...

Doesnt that piss you off? They are so annoying, those guys. Some guys on here know more than them. :roll:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:14 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:It says a lot about the NBA anal-ysts, who don't really seem to watch many games...

Doesnt that piss you off? They are so annoying, those guys. Some guys on here know more than them. :roll:

Well, the issue here is that many people only watch games of their own team, so they don't realize when some of those so-called analysts talk out of their ass about other teams.

I wouldn't dare to talk about teams like Atlanta or Philly, because I've rarely seen them this season, but I get to see lots of Lakers and Raptors games (due to the Spaniard players in them), and the Raptors are nothing like us. They look like an european team, with lots of ball movement on offense, but they play a lot more slower pace than us (not surprising, as we play at a frantic pace at times). And they always look for Chris Bosh as their first offensive option (they'd be retarded if not). They also play much better D than we do. I can't see many similarities with our style.

As for those analyst... they get paid to say what they think. Who cares if they're accurate or not? :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 am
From today's Toronto Star, Bosh won't play tonight and likely won't play tomorrow night at Golden State.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/332089

What was originally thought to be knee pain that would keep him out of a three-game trip to Charlotte, Orlando and Miami last week now includes two games at home and at least the first two of this trip.

And no one is suggesting he's close to returning for the final three outings of this trek.

"He won't play (tonight)," coach Sam Mitchell said yesterday. "It's really going to depend on how he's feeling."

Since Toronto plays Denver on Friday, let's hope that Bosh gets well quickly, just not by tomorrow!
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:03 pm
I see us getting off to a slow start. We shouldn't, but thats just how this team is. We pull it out in the 4th with a little run. Jax ends it with a 3 with one minute left.

Predictions:
Baron with a Double Double
Monta/Jax/BD with 70+ points, 20+ boards
Wright will play at some point
Warriors win by 7
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:48 pm
hoopitup wrote:Since Toronto plays Denver on Friday, let's hope that Bosh gets well quickly, just not by tomorrow!

Lol gotta love the Warrior mentality :mrgreen:

(I agree)

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:19 pm
A quote from Bosh last night after the game against the Lakers:

"I can't even move," said Bosh after Tuesday night's loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. "Even if I wanted to play, I couldn't help this team. I'd get scored on constantly and I couldn't move on offense. I would hurt us more than help."

Looks pretty certain no Bosh tonight. With the Raptors coming off a hard game last night, and not having Bosh, you would think that the Ws should take this one.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:48 pm
dubs by double digits ... no other teams playing that would seem to effect our standings... we need this to stay in the same spot seed wise
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:32 pm
W's hold them way under 100.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:08 pm
If our defense holds.......Dubs by 11

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:47 pm
its been so long...or seems so long since saturday...i cant wait til this game starts!!!
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:17 pm
AAAAHHHHH NBA League Pass isn't broadcasting this game. I'm going to cry now.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads