Is Dwayne Wade Overrated?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:27 pm
http://agreetodisagreesports.blogspot.c ... rated.html

I have to agree. If Monta was on the Heat over Wade they would of won more than 11 games. Anyone agree?

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:35 pm
Not a chance, the Miami Heat are just a terrible team PERIOD, and Wade has been playing most of the year hurt which is why many think he has lost it.

Also As much as i love Monta, there is now way that he is better than Wade, Any GM forced to make the decision between Wade and Monta and 30 out of 30 would take Wade, EVEN MULLIN.

Thats no disrespect to Monta because he is a hell of a player, but Wade is just on another level.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:39 pm
DWade is DWade period...now.......Carmelo Anthony is overrated...

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:51 pm
Wade is injured, not overrated.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:04 pm
After their championship some considered the best player on the planet.
Basketball would be depressing without the warriors

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:25 pm
I've always respected Wade for his ability to make some ridiculous And 1's. Master of the circus shot, imo.

I don't think he's overrated... in fact, he's becoming underrated because of one bad season due to playing with an injury (and don't cite Kobe as an example... finger vs. knee - I'll take the finger injury).

Monta's definitely being nurtured into a franchise player, but at this moment in time, I would want Wade over Monta on my team.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:39 am
Moved to the sports board.

And no, I don't think Wade's overrated. He's just been playing injured for the whole season. And doesn't have much help in that roster.

We'll see a totally different Heat team in the next two years, and then he'll be able to prove the kind of player he is.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:35 pm
TMC wrote:Moved to the sports board.

This is exactly why we need an "NBA Board." This isnt off-topic sports, man, this is the NBA. Make it happen, man. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:52 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
TMC wrote:Moved to the sports board.

This is exactly why we need an "NBA Board." This isnt off-topic sports, man, this is the NBA. Make it happen, man. :wink:
I agree with sf3.

DWade isn't overrated yet, but he will be if he doesn't learn how to preserve his body and develop a better outside and mid-range shot. Same reason why JRich will ultimately have a better career and be more productive later on than Vince Carter. High flyers only have so long before those knee start to go.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:54 pm
Agreed JReed, although DWade has a really nice midrange game, it's one of his specialties actually. A 3pt shot certainly wouldn't hurt him, although I doubt he develops one this late in his career.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:11 pm
Wade isn't overrated, but he sure does make a case for being one. He gets a lot of fouls called for him hence why he goes to the line a lot. And when he does get fouled, it usually isn't a foul. Dwyane needs to take care of his body, though. He should've never waited this long to call it quits for this season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:02 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:This is exactly why we need an "NBA Board." This isnt off-topic sports, man, this is the NBA. Make it happen, man. :wink:

Hobbes is the one that has to create it, not me. I'll let him know.

Problem is... will it be used enough?. I mean, most of our members do not care to check other forums, they just go to the Warriors forum and post there about anything related to the Warriors or the NBA in general. Is it worthy to create a new forum when so few of us will use it?. And what will happen to this sports forum?. Because it would have just 3 or 4 threads going on at the same time...

Still, I'll pass it to hobbes. If he wants to create a NBA forum, we'll have one.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:07 am
BDIDDY707 wrote:Not a chance, the Miami Heat are just a terrible team PERIOD, and Wade has been playing most of the year hurt which is why many think he has lost it.

Also As much as i love Monta, there is now way that he is better than Wade, Any GM forced to make the decision between Wade and Monta and 30 out of 30 would take Wade, EVEN MULLIN.

Thats no disrespect to Monta because he is a hell of a player, but Wade is just on another level.

:D

Monta is real good but not at Wade's level yet

migya make the ring fall on ya
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:38 am
migya wrote:
BDIDDY707 wrote:Not a chance, the Miami Heat are just a terrible team PERIOD, and Wade has been playing most of the year hurt which is why many think he has lost it.

:D

Monta is real good but not at Wade's level yet
He is getting close though, I see him having a better all around career than Wade in the long run. But I doubt if he spends a large amount of his career in Golden State, he'll garner the kind of endorsements, publicity, and overall recognition that Wade has already received.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:10 pm
uptempo wrote:Wade is injured, not overrated.

agreed
Next

Return to Sports Board