47%
49ers
53%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:39 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
JOEL wrote:russell doing nothing makes him a way better than smith based on what smith has done :D

Uhhh, no. You've got to be freaking kidding me. Russell is about to enter his 2nd season. Smith has been here for 3 years. Seattle is probably the toughest place to play and yet last year, Smith went into Seattle despite the harsh weather conditions and in the second half, won the game. He evaded a sack and through a TD pass to Gore and then faked a run play to Gore and ran it with all the Seahawks defense going after Gore and Smith going untouched for a 15-yd TD run. Has Russell ever shown maturity? No. What about this past disastrous season? The first game against the Cardinals on a 4th down and long, Smith scrambled out of the pocket, evaded tacklers, and got the first down which ultimately led to the winning score.

Russell has proven nothing. Smith has proven something.

xbay--
i hope you and smith have a great season
Last edited by JOEL on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:39 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:
JOEL wrote:russell doing nothing makes him a way better than smith based on what smith has done :D

Uhhh, no. You've got to be freaking kidding me. Russell is about to enter his 2nd season. Smith has been here for 3 years. Seattle is probably the toughest place to play and yet last year, Smith went into Seattle despite the harsh weather conditions and in the second half, won the game. He evaded a sack and through a TD pass to Gore and then faked a run play to Gore and ran it with all the Seahawks defense going after Gore and Smith going untouched for a 15-yd TD run. Has Russell ever shown maturity? No. What about this past disastrous season? The first game against the Cardinals on a 4th down and long, Smith scrambled out of the pocket, evaded tacklers, and got the first down which ultimately led to the winning score.

xbay--
i hope you and smith have a great season
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:44 pm
JOEL wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Both are utter losers. Neither will make it as a legit NFL player. Right now, though, I would take Smith over Russell, though not by much. Both suck. It is just a matter of Smith sucking less.

thinking you didnt answer the question but that is typical..
your saying smith is better(a proven loser) than russell (who hasnt done anything)?

Russell, the first overall pick of the draft, on a very bad team, did nothing. Seems to me like if he was any good, he would have been playing, at least some. The guy played two games, and didnt impress me either way. At least Smith did SOMETHING his rookie year. He stepped in mid-way and produced. Russell couldnt even do that. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 pm
I heard that Russell is at 300 lb's right now. WOW. I know he is a big dude but if true, that tells me alot about him
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:48 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:

xbay, I was at the Seahawks/Niner game in Seattle last year and the Hawks shut them out. You must be thinking about two years ago.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:51 pm
badabing8888 wrote:I heard that Russell is at 300 lb's right now. WOW. I know he is a big dude but if true, that tells me alot about him

not sure i like 300
but he may need that cushion ...collins and walters were getting 8 sacks per game just two years ago.....lol

i doubt he is 300 but we will see
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:21 pm
badabing8888 wrote:xbay, I was at the Seahawks/Niner game in Seattle last year and the Hawks shut them out. You must be thinking about two years ago.

It was two years ago.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
badabing8888 wrote:xbay, I was at the Seahawks/Niner game in Seattle last year and the Hawks shut them out. You must be thinking about two years ago.

It was two years ago.

wasnt last years score something like 24 to zip
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:28 pm
badabing8888 wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

xbay, I was at the Seahawks/Niner game in Seattle last year and the Hawks shut them out. You must be thinking about two years ago.

Yeah, I know. My mistake. I meant last season. I'm still in 2007-2008 season mode.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:29 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:I would say:

SF QBs > OAK QBs (Russell has done nothing)
SF RBs > OAK RBs (Gore>Jordan)
SF WRs < OAK WRs (not a whole lot of talent either way)
SF TEs > OAK TEs (Davis is a whole lot better than Miller)
SF OL < OAK OL (sad, but true)
SF DEFs > OAK DEFs (overrated defense for the Raiders)

Dude my Crocodile teeths were eating ALL TIME list of Raiders v SF but if we gonna do a modern one

SF QB's > OAK QB's (Russell hasn't proven his worth, But Alex Smith keeps building a very strong case for Jamarcus)
SF RB's > OAK QB's ( as much as i like Huggy, Gore has the advantage)
SF WR < Oak WR's ( the signing of Javon just nudges us over the line for a better Wide corps )
SF TE< Oak TE ( Miller is definately the better TE, he broke our rookie receptions record and he was a integral part of our ZBS which had us tearing up opposing D's)
SF OL < Oak OL ( One mans trash is another mans treasure, Kwame and Newberry just proving what stink O line coaches you have in the gold and red )
SF DEFS = OAK DEFS ( juries out on this one, We just got a awesome Safety in Gibril Wilson but until we can actually stop the run, i'm just not sold on both of these loser Defenses )
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:37 am
badabing8888 wrote:I heard that Russell is at 300 lb's right now. WOW. I know he is a big dude but if true, that tells me alot about him

Thats a rumor that was spread around at the Combine...

It was never someone saying i saw Russell and he was 300 pounds,

Jerry Mac Local Bay Area writer wrote most recently on his blog that the 300 pound comments were based on a Friend of a Friend his dry cleaner was down at Kentucky Fried Chicken getting a meal and he saw Jamarcus Russell through a drive thru window getting a Bucket of Chicken.

Anyhow i'm not too concerned about his weight, obviously i want the guy to be carrying a 6 pack and not a keg, but his a big boy and another dominating LSU alumini that always had to battle Weight speculation was Shaquille O'Neal and we all knew how dominate that kid could be with or without the extra baggage

Jamarcus Russell = Shaquille O'Neal
Alex Smith= Kieth Van Horn (Not quite Tim Duncan 1st round, 1st pick material)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:00 am
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Russell, the first overall pick of the draft, on a very bad team, did nothing. Seems to me like if he was any good, he would have been playing, at least some.

Not really. Carson Palmer didn't play a single drive in his rookie season, for example. Same goes for Derek Anderson, Philip Rivers and lots of other QBs. It's not that rare to see a rookie QB sitting his whole first year, particularly when they have an established vet above them in the depth chart.

[sarcasm mode on]
Not Bruce Gradkowski. That man is above all of humanity. All hail Gruden for discovering such an enormous talent.
[sarcasm mode off]

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:14 pm
xbaywarrior wrote:

:banghead:

Russell has played in 3 games, how the hell do you expect to see maturity?

The whole Russell vs. Smith argument is stupid they are 2 young QB's who havent done ****. Yet...
Never hesitate to dunk on a mofo.
-rsl
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:35 pm
rslproductions wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

The whole Russell vs. Smith argument is stupid they are 2 young QB's who havent done ****. Yet...

Onje has had time to do ****

the other hasn't had time to do ****...

Alex Smith has already punched his ticket into the Hall of Bust

the 300 pound Alabama slammer still has the 2008 season ahead to show us what his made of.

Alex Smith certainly can turn his career around at any moment, But i don't believe it'll happen soon... his a broken package in my eyes
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:18 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
rslproductions wrote:
xbaywarrior wrote:

Onje has had time to do ****

the other hasn't had time to do ****...

Alex Smith has already punched his ticket into the Hall of Bust

the 300 pound Alabama slammer still has the 2008 season ahead to show us what his made of.

Alex Smith certainly can turn his career around at any moment, But i don't believe it'll happen soon... his a broken package in my eyes

I always saw Alex as either a bust or a good QB, but never a great one. His mechanics are ugly. And he has zero arm strength. IMO, if that traitor Norv Turner never left, Alex would've continued to make strides instead of going back downhill.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board