Game Thread: Warriors @ Orlando Magic 2008-03-08

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors finish this road trip with a win?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:53 pm

YES
76%
NO
24%

Total votes : 17

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:05 pm
Just a personal note to sfsfsfgiants and bigstrads.....sorry to hear about the challenges both of you have with your hearing, but I'm glad to hear that you both seem to be dealing with it amazingly well. Keep the positive attitude and hang in there.

And thanks for the lipreading insight on Baron :)
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:08 pm
hoopitup wrote:Just a personal note to sfsfsfgiants and bigstrads.....sorry to hear about the challenges both of you have with your hearing, but I'm glad to hear that you both seem to be dealing with it amazingly well. Keep the positive attitude and hang in there.

COSIGN!!! :D :D

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:17 pm
One of the most impressive things tonight was the way the Ws kept Orlando off the offensive glass. The Ws actually outrebounded the Magic - 44 to 42, and had more offensive rebounds (8) than Orlando (4). Orlando's not a great rebounding team, but they're in the top half of the NBA in team rebounding differential over the opponent.

Anyway, I'm still so psyched about this win!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:38 pm
**** New Orleans. **** Houstons. The warriors will beat them both anyway.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:01 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
hoopitup wrote:Just a personal note to sfsfsfgiants and bigstrads.....sorry to hear about the challenges both of you have with your hearing, but I'm glad to hear that you both seem to be dealing with it amazingly well. Keep the positive attitude and hang in there.

Thanks guys, although Im fine now...............it must be tough for sf and what the docs say.

SF!!! brother, they can be as wrong as they are right..............so hang in there bro.................damn, wish I could help.

Ps: again, thanks for sharing as well brings us all together more...........the more we know the stronger we are! :mrgreen:
Last edited by bigstrads on Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:02 pm
Utah beat Denver!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:26 pm
Wow..another impressive road win, this one makes up for the Bobkittens loss (though it would have been sweet to go 4-0). And as Mr. KC pointed out, those guys in Utah finally did something to help the Warriors. Let's keep it up!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:36 pm
bigstrads wrote:
speakonitgod wrote:

Thanks guys, although Im fine now...............it must be tough for sf and what the docs say.

SF!!! brother, they can be as wrong as they are right..............so hang in there bro.................damn, wish I could help.

Ps: again, thanks for sharing as well brings us all together more...........the more we know the stronger we are! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the kind words. :wink:

Mr.KC wrote:Utah beat Denver!!!

All we can control is what we do. If we can keep winning, Denver will run out of time to catch up. Good job by Utah. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:10 pm
call me crazy but i think there is a good chance phoenix won't make the playoffs, sunks 3-6 since acquiring shaquille, hah, and also denver, with such inconsistent play even with a.i., melo, and camby leading the way.

meaning the warriors will be in the playoffs this year! they got the balls to endure, and they will practice tranquility and perfection, marching into the 7th seed on the WC, facing the old S.A. in the first round?? (i think lakers are money right now for #1 seed, good for warriors if they can pull a 7th seed!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:01 am
ceddy wrote:call me crazy but i think there is a good chance phoenix won't make the playoffs

Crazy?. I said so in another thread... The way they're playing, it's a real possibility.

Also missed this one, but seems like we did a good job on the boards and on D (except on the first quarter). We didn't really stop Dwight, but still were able to get the win. Glad to be proven wrong...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:53 pm
I only got to watch the second half, but I was proud of our boys.
They got out in front and kept a ten point lead most of the way.
They're looking more and more like a team that can manage their leads, instead of always making it close.

I got to watch it with my pops, who played college ball, and has never followed the NBA. He likes watching college ball. After the game, he said, "you're routing for a damn good team!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:07 pm
Jackattack wrote:I only got to watch the second half, but I was proud of our boys.
They got out in front and kept a ten point lead most of the way.
They're looking more and more like a team that can manage their leads, instead of always making it close.

I got to watch it with my pops, who played college ball, and has never followed the NBA. He likes watching college ball. After the game, he said, "you're routing for a damn good team!!"

Nothing like pops giving the aprovall ...keeping it realwith jackattack and pops :D
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:17 pm
hahah! Yeah my Dad is 82. So he's Oooollllllld School....

For him to be that positive about anything is saying something.
As long as we keep the conversation away from politics, we're cool...
:roll:

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:25 pm
My grandma is a HUGE Warrior fan. She is a better fan than me. She has watched or listened to every game for like twenty years. The Summer League games, which were in Hawaii, and didnt start until eleven our time, she would stay up and listen to it on the radio, the whole thing. Kind of funny. :mrgreen:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:32 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:My grandma is a HUGE Warrior fan. She is a better fan than me. She has watched or listened to every game for like twenty years. The Summer League games, which were in Hawaii, and didnt start until eleven our time, she would stay up and listen to it on the radio, the whole thing. Kind of funny. :mrgreen:

Right On Grams!!! That's awesome SF3G!

She's got more spirit than all of us.... :D

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads