21%
Troy Aikman
No votes
Tom Brady
No votes

Total votes : 14

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:41 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Mate just another dick riding Niners fan plain and simple...

And what would you consider your senseless claims that Blanda is one of the best QBs (if not the best) of all time? Dick riding Raider Fan? The fact remains that if you took a poll across the entire country Montana would hands down be considered the best, I'm not being biased and you can't argue this.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:You guys had medicore QB's in Joe Montana and Steve Young... it was your awesome Wide Reciever in Jerry Rice who booked there tickets to Canton Ohio.... just like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown booked Rich Gannon a ticket to Canton.
Hey who knows, maybe Joe and Steve would have never been HOF QBs without Rice and that is your opinion. But Joe didn't have Jerry around in 81 or 84, so much for that arguement.

And as far as Gannon being a HOFer? ImageImageImageYou have to be kidding I'll bet you $100 right now that never happens, in fact he'll never even get the slightest bit of consideration. That statement proves how biased and uninformed you are - his stats don't even stack up against Blanda's, and one SB lost isn't enough either, you are a fool. LOL.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Anyhow if you read my post i said put the stats and QB rating aside cause Blanda will never stack up to Marino or Montana... But take solace that in when selecting the Great QB's you need to look at the Clutch Factor and guys who can win you Games when you need too (something Montana and Marino could both do too)
Yes, I read your post, and I knew you'd reply with something to this effect (you are so transparent), but stats matter as much as SB/championship victories. If that wasn't the case than Marino likely wouldn't have been elected. And make up your contradictory-mind, is Montana "medicore" (it's spelled mediocre by the way :wink: ) or a great clutch QB?

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:I also disagree with your comment about Brett Favre and giving him 26 seasons. That guy started breaking down 5 years ago..
Surprise! You completely missed my point, which was that even if Favre's skills drastically diminished but he still maintained reasonable health and if you gave him another 8-9 seasons he'd likely set career marks thought to be inhuman in Blanda's day - Hell his numbers now are good enough to do that.
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:He had his cindarella send off this year winning his division and almost winning his conference but i think after season 18 thru to his 26th season, you'd see 8 years of Alex Smith type performances.
Wow! Great point Pawno, it's amazing how clever you are at sprinkling on those little cheap shots here and there - which are completely irrelevant. I mean seriously what was the point of that statement? Is it supposed to make me mad, sad or frustrated? Man, I work at a sports apparel store where I have better **** talked to me about my 9ers by 12 year olds. I know they suck and I know Alex had a bad season, but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

See, I don't get defensive about sports like someone as childish as you. I get defensive when people like you personally attack me and my opinions. You aren't as smart, rational, nor mature as me plain and simple. You can continue to talk **** to me, if you wish, but realize you will never gain the satisfaction you seek because deep down you know I make more sense than you. I'm simply better at this than you.

You can end this petty rivalry now, while it's still young (two threads), no apologies necessary, no need for you to admit you're wrong (in any instance). Just stop replying to my posts in which the manner you have. But if you wish to continue than proceed, because I wont be the one to concede.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:43 am
Double post...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:07 am
JReed23 wrote:
You can end this petty rivalry now, while it's still young (two threads), no apologies necessary, no need for you to admit you're wrong (in any instance). Just stop replying to my posts in which the manner you have. But if you wish to continue than proceed, because I wont be the one to concede.

I still think you Niners fans think your better then us Raider Heads, The fact that you didn't even have George Blanda name in the poll ticked me off... I'm first to admit that Joe Montana is the best QB in the country, But comparing Montana and Blanda is 2 different ingredients.. like a birthday cake.. Montana is all the icing and Blanda is the spong cake... like comparing pies and peas.

But anyways i know i'm not gonna have much luck arguing the point (i'd rather just name call) but why in the hell did you Jreed23 not have Tom Brady in the poll??? Obviously your in your own little Niner Dream World and must have been switched off the last 10 years. Tom Brady is a ****ing one man Dynasty... His pretty young and his record season this year has been imortilized... i mean if your gonna leave George Blanda off the list, Hell explain why Tom Brady is missing from there?????
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:21 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
JReed23 wrote:

I still think you Niners fans think your better then us Raider Heads, The fact that you didn't even have George Blanda name in the poll ticked me off... I'm first to admit that Joe Montana is the best QB in the country, But comparing Montana and Blanda is 2 different ingredients.. like a birthday cake.. Montana is all the icing and Blanda is the spong cake... like comparing pies and peas.

But anyways i know i'm not gonna have much luck arguing the point (i'd rather just name call) but why in the hell did you Jreed23 not have Tom Brady in the poll??? Obviously your in your own little Niner Dream World and must have been switched off the last 10 years. Tom Brady is a ****ing one man Dynasty... His pretty young and his record season this year has been imortilized... i mean if your gonna leave George Blanda off the list, Hell explain why Tom Brady is missing from there?????
I don't think in any way that I'm better than a Raider fan because of something as trivial as our favorite teams.

Actually I forgot to add Tom Brady, that was a mistake, if you looked at the other thread I started about Farve, than you'd see that I have him in my top 5. Nothing to do with any kind of "Dream World", I just forgot to add him - I also should have included Jim Kelly, Namath, and probably some others, but leaving out Blanda was by no means a mistake.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:49 am
JReed23 wrote:Actually I forgot to add Tom Brady, that was a mistake, if you looked at the other thread I started about Farve, than you'd see that I have him in my top 5. Nothing to do with any kind of "Dream World", I just forgot to add him - I also should have included Jim Kelly, Namath, and probably some others, but leaving out Blanda was by no means a mistake.

I've added him for you, buddy. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:59 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:[just like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown booked Rich Gannon a ticket to Canton.

Come on, now. Gannon had one good year with the Raiders, on a good team. Dont be dumb...
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:02 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Dont be dumb...

Don't ask for miracles... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:37 pm
TMC, if I may be so bold as to borrow one of your smilies:

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:You guys had medicore QB's in Joe Montana and Steve Young.

Wow. Now I know never to ask for Pawno's opinion of football.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:57 pm
32 wrote:TMC, if I may be so bold as to borrow one of your smilies:

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:You guys had medicore QB's in Joe Montana and Steve Young.

Wow. Now I know never to ask for Pawno's opinion of football.

Dude i'm just throwing fuel on the fire...

Joe Montana is Great and well eh i think Steve Young is overrated.

just think of John Stockton without the mailman (Karl Malone= John Stockton ) the white dude from Utah doesn't have all those Assist records without the Mailman delivering rain, hail and shine...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:22 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Joe Montana is Great and well eh i think Steve Young is overrated.

No matter how you define success, both Montana and Young fit into the category. Personal stats, team success, team numbers, they did it all. I dont see how you figure... :roll:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:27 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:[just like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown booked Rich Gannon a ticket to Canton.

Come on, now. Gannon had one good year with the Raiders, on a good team. Dont be dumb...
Actually Gannon had several quality seasons, it's the 2002 season everyone will remember though. Even at that he still doesn't have the numbers to be a HOFer.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:19 am
JReed23 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Actually Gannon had several quality seasons, it's the 2002 season everyone will remember though. Even at that he still doesn't have the numbers to be a HOFer.

Numbers don't matter...

If numbers played a part in HOF selection then Ray Guy would have been in it years ago....

Oh hang we talking bout QB's not punters :mrgreen:

I think Gannon will make it to Canton one day.... MVP trophy is as good as gold in punching your ticket IMO!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:15 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:I think Gannon will make it to Canton one day....

I really, really doubt it. Maybe one year with a weak class, but he hasn't played at a really high level enough time.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:45 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
JReed23 wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote:

Numbers don't matter...

If numbers played a part in HOF selection then Ray Guy would have been in it years ago....

Oh hang we talking bout QB's not punters :mrgreen:

I think Gannon will make it to Canton one day.... MVP trophy is as good as gold in punching your ticket IMO!
Guy deserves to be in the HOF more than Gannon. Same with Jim Marhsall and Jerry Kramer to name a couple.
Previous

Return to Sports Board