RAIDERS
47%
49ers
53%

Total votes : 15

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:43 pm
JOEL wrote:for the 2008 class the current list of contenders include three raider
lester hayes mr stick em
ray guy the best punter ever they invented a state due to his hang time
and stabler a man after my own heart (double rounds for the house on me).

just a little FYI

I think we both know that they cut it down. Ray Guy has been on the list forever, and Stabler might not make it. Hayes will, but the others will wait. We both know that, buddy. :wink:
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:45 pm
just wanted to solidify my take that as far as hall of famers
its pretty much even w/ slight edge toward east side of the bridge...
i say we talk about all time plays next?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:16 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:"The Catch;" "The Drive;" "The Catch 2;" Steve Young's play against the Vikes with no helmet; Niners vs Cowboys rivalry; Ronnie Lott's cutting off of the fingers to play; the Super Bowls....

Do you really want to get into it against a team that is clearly more superior?

2 of the most lopsided victories in Superbowl history. The largest comeback in Playoff history :wink:

Edit: the 2nd largest combeack :oops:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:30 pm
sleandres wrote:The largest comeback in Playoff history :wink:

Edit: the 2nd largest combeack :oops:

Ya know, I forgot about them.

I was out there to see TO and the Catch 2, and the place went NUTS. I was also out there to see that comeback you refered to, against the Giants. What a crazy ass game that was. We shouldnt have even won. The place just went so nuts at the end of the game, the refs lost focus, and made some terrible calls. It was even nuttier. Oh, my God, that was a good game. If my memory serves me correct, it JJ that made that nice catch to finish the game and complete the comeback?

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:38 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:"The Catch;" "The Drive;" "The Catch 2;" Steve Young's play against the Vikes with no helmet; Niners vs Cowboys rivalry; Ronnie Lott's cutting off of the fingers to play; the Super Bowls....

Do you really want to get into it against a team that is clearly more superior?

bro i will give those are some great moments ok i got that..
but im trying to talk about all time nfl history
ill give you the catch and ronnies fingers even the super bowls...
but you got to admit thats a realitvely short span of time
so yeah they niners had a few years or glory...
but can you really compare that to the decades...
ever see the holly rollers clip or clips with bo vs brian bosworth
or the marcus allen days my point the raiders got HISTORY
which is more than a short run i will say what 6 7 years,,
we will go into what all nfl fans across the country will say is the reason why it was short lived when we settle the history venue..

here is the thing, i am willing to be logical and man up in saying yep the niners had their day.... without hating i can feel for good ball.

just asking that you do the same use logic not pride
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:12 pm

How's that...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:36 am
Here's a debate... John Madden vs Bill Walsh. To me, that's easy, Walsh. And I'm not being biased at all. The man created the West Coast offense, and look how it's still being continued in today's game. Sure, Bill first started as a Raider assistant, but it was the Niners who were smart enough to nab him away from them when the time was right. And what happened? We struggled in his first season but nearly dominated the 80's-mid 90's.

I'm not saying we're the best franchise ever because we're not, I find the Steelers as the best franchise ever. But the way I see it, the Niners have produced more great players than the Raiders.

SF QBs > OAK QBs
SF RBs > OAK RBs
SF WRs > OAK WRs
SF TEs > OAK TEs
SF OL < OAK OL
SF DEFs > OAK DEFs
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:25 am
SF QBs > OAK QBs
AGREED

SF RBs > OAK RBs
HAHA GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE DICK WAB... JUST CALL FRANK GORE IS PUTTING UP GOOD NUMBERS DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE BETTER HISTORY THEN US AT THIS POSITION...
REAL VERDICT: RAIDERS

SF WRs > OAK WRs
Well Jerry Rice is actually a Raider... your douchebag organization cut him and Al Davis gave the greatest player of all time a second chance... Obviously he accomplished more in San Francisco but Jerry Rice is just as much a Raider as he is a Niner

SF TEs > OAK TEs
No way Hoze... David Casper better then yours.

SF OL < OAK OL
Finally you can admit something...

SF DEFs > OAK DEFs
Ah we have more larger then life Defensive men and we own this one too dude.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:36 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:SF WRs > OAK WRs
Well Jerry Rice is actually a Raider... your douchebag organization cut him and Al Davis gave the greatest player of all time a second chance... Obviously he accomplished more in San Francisco but Jerry Rice is just as much a Raider as he is a Niner

haha... this one about Jerry Rice might be the most retarded statement I've ever read in this board.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:00 am
TMC wrote:

haha... this one about Jerry Rice might be the most retarded statement I've ever read in this board.

Kinda like thinking of Jordan on the Washington Wizards not the Chiccago BULLS...
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:09 am
TMC wrote:

Yup :mrgreen:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Kinda like thinking of Jordan on the Washington Wizards not the Chiccago BULLS...
Or in other words - The wrong kind of thinking.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:01 pm
JReed23 wrote:
TMC wrote:

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Kinda like thinking of Jordan on the Washington Wizards not the Chiccago BULLS...

There's no right or wrong way to think....

Sure, yeah most people have pictures of Jerry Rice in there bedroom when he's wearing the Niners gear...

But i classify him just as much as part of the Raiders Alumini cause he did special things for the Raiders family.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:03 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
JReed23 wrote:
TMC wrote:

There's no right or wrong way to think....

Sure, yeah most people have pictures of Jerry Rice in there bedroom when he's wearing the Niners gear...

But i classify him just as much as part of the Raiders Alumini cause he did special things for the Raiders family.

pawno my man take from a season tic holder member of the black hole.
JERRY IS NOT A RAIDER. end of subject
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:24 pm
Pawno, he played a handful of seasons there and wasnt really good, anyway. The man changed the face of the game with the Niners. Dont see your logic there, bud. :wink:
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:34 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:Pawno, he played a handful of seasons there and wasnt really good, anyway. The man changed the face of the game with the Niners. Dont see your logic there, bud. :wink:
Actually 2001 and 2002 were both 1000+ yard seasons for Rice in Oakland, so he was good in the 3 seasons he sported the silver and black, but still nothing compared to the 15 seasons he had with the 9ers.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board