21%
Troy Aikman
No votes
Tom Brady
No votes

Total votes : 14

Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:11 pm
Just though it would be a fun thread, seems like a good time for it with the pending Favre retirement. Also what is your top 5?

Mine is:

Image Image Image Image Image

1. Joe Montana
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Dan Marino
4. Tom Brady
5. Bret Favre/Troy Aikman
Last edited by JREED on Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:16 pm
JReed23 wrote:Just though it would be a fun thread, seems like a good time for it with the pending Favre retirement. Also what is your top 5?

Mine is:

1. Joe Montana
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Dan Marino
4. Tom Brady

no elway?
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:20 pm
JOEL wrote:
JReed23 wrote:Just though it would be a fun thread, seems like a good time for it with the pending Favre retirement. Also what is your top 5?

Mine is:

1. Joe Montana
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Dan Marino
4. Tom Brady

no elway?
Nope, many people think that the fact that he made it to so many SBs helped him, but imo the fact he only won 2 hurts him. Plus i'm a little biased because I just never really liked him very much. He has the numbers but i just think the other guys are better.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:29 pm
Why can't I vote for Bruce Gradkowski? :mrgreen:

Ok, I'll post my top 3:

1. Joe Montana
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Dan Marino

I'm not sure after those three... I'll post the rest of the list tomorrow.

What the heck?. I might even finish a top 10 all time.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:36 pm
TMC wrote:Why can't I vote for Bruce Gradkowski? :mrgreen:
My bad man, knew I was forgetting someone... Image :mrgreen:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:54 pm
TMC wrote:Why can't I vote for Bruce Gradkowski? :mrgreen:

Ok, I'll post my top 3:

1. Joe Montana
2. Johnny Unitas
3. Dan Marino

I'm not sure after those three... I'll post the rest of the list tomorrow.

What the heck?. I might even finish a top 10 all time.

Your Top 3 look pretty good TMC, maybe you can get Gradkowski in when you round out your Top 10 :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:01 pm
1. Montana

2. Elway
3. Brady
4. Unitas

5. Marino
6. Favre
7. Manning

Montana, especially after this year, is at the top of the heap of QB's and is no longer challenged by Brady. Farve is great but he is the Nolan Ryan of QB's. His numbers come from length and as great as his TD numbers are his INTs are just as high (like Ryan's Ks and BBs records). I think Marino is overrated given the amount of talent his teams had and his lack of a return to the superbowl.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:09 am
Joe Montana. :D
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:45 am
sleandres wrote:Your Top 3 look pretty good TMC, maybe you can get Gradkowski in when you round out your Top 10 :mrgreen:

To be honest, maybe I'll be able to find a spot for Bruce Almighty if I make a top 100,000. Maybe. :wink:

Ok, next three (this comes in episodes):

4. Tom Brady
5. Payton Manning (can't stand him, but also can't deny how good he's been)
6. Ryan Leaf... Er, I mean, Elway.

I'll end this top 10 later.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:10 pm
No George Blanda????

Stats and QB rating might not be of Marino, Montana but if there was ever a Clutch QB who won games and kept playoff hope alive it's Blanda.

Ah well, Young Jreed23 must be that young that he doesn't really know his football and can't put together an adequate poll... Not his fault really!!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:27 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:No George Blanda????

Stats and QB rating might not be of Marino, Montana but if there was ever a Clutch QB who won games and kept playoff hope alive it's Blanda.

Ah well, Young Jreed23 must be that young that he doesn't really know his football and can't put together an adequate poll... Not his fault really!!

Wow, stooping to new lows pawno? And I bet you were around in the 1960's and 70's to see it all go down, huh? Blanda statically was a joke as your meager attempts to insult me are. Blanda threw 236 TDs but threw 277 INTs! 26,920 yards, which is about half a career or so for any real all time great, and had a pathetic 60.6 QB rating. All that in 26 fuucking seasons!!! 26,920 yards and 236 TDs in 26 seasons?!?!? Imagine if you gave Favre or any half decent QB 26 seasons. You have to be joking to even consider mentioning Blanda in the same sentence as those I have listed.

I'm 23 years old, I know you can't be much older than me, so next time you try to kick some wisdom make sure the recipient is either A) Considerably younger, or B) Less knowledgeable/intelligent than yourself. In this case, neither is true.

Oh yeah, if you plan on responding to this post, please do yourself a favor and carefully read it (assuming you can) before replying with assumption/ignorance and making a fool out of yourself as usual. :oops: You don't want to get personal Pawno, because I have seen your myspace and there is waaay too much ammunition there...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:49 am
Image :happy1:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:00 pm

Not being biased at all, but I can name a lot more people that were better. Bart Starr, Joe Namath... the list goes on. Blanda is no where in the league of those guys listed, IMO.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:06 am
JReed23 wrote:

Wow, stooping to new lows pawno? And I bet you were around in the 1960's and 70's to see it all go down, huh? Blanda statically was a joke as your meager attempts to insult me are. Blanda threw 236 TDs but threw 277 INTs! 26,920 yards, which is about half a career or so for any real all time great, and had a pathetic 60.6 QB rating. All that in 26 fuucking seasons!!! 26,920 yards and 236 TDs in 26 seasons?!?!? Imagine if you gave Favre or any half decent QB 26 seasons. You have to be joking to even consider mentioning Blanda in the same sentence as those I have listed.

I'm 23 years old, I know you can't be much older than me, so next time you try to kick some wisdom make sure the recipient is either A) Considerably younger, or B) Less knowledgeable/intelligent than yourself. In this case, neither is true.

Oh yeah, if you plan on responding to this post, please do yourself a favor and carefully read it (assuming you can) before replying with assumption/ignorance and making a fool out of yourself as usual. :oops: You don't want to get personal Pawno, because I have seen your myspace and there is waaay too much ammunition there...

Mate just another dick riding Niners fan plain and simple...

You guys had medicore QB's in Joe Montana and Steve Young... it was your awesome Wide Reciever in Jerry Rice who booked there tickets to Canton Ohio.... just like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown booked Rich Gannon a ticket to Canton.

Anyhow if you read my post i said put the stats and QB rating aside cause Blanda will never stack up to Marino or Montana... But take solace that in when selecting the Great QB's you need to look at the Clutch Factor and guys who can win you Games when you need too (something Montana and Marino could both do too)

I also disagree with your comment about Brett Favre and giving him 26 seasons. That guy started breaking down 5 years ago.. He had his cindarella send off this year winning his division and almost winning his conference but i think after season 18 thru to his 26th season, you'd see 8 years of Alex Smith type performances.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:38 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:You guys had medicore QB's in Joe Montana and Steve Young

You've lost your mind, buddy... Try therapy or something. Medication, maybe.

Or better yet, leave those pills alone. They're affecting your brain in a bad way. :wink:
Next

Return to Sports Board