Gordon Giricek

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:11 pm
It looks like Giricek will be available to a Playoff team, should they want to add a piece. My guess is the Suns will go for him since they lost out on Brent Barry...

PHILADELPHIA -- Gordan Giricek was released by the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday, allowing the veteran a chance to be eligible for the postseason if he signs with another team.

Giricek barely played for the Sixers since he was acquired in the late December trade that sent Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz. He averaged only 3.1 points and 9.2 minutes in 12 games. Overall, Giricek is averaging 3.9 points in 34 games.

Giricek needed to be waived by Saturday to be eligible for postseason play with another team.

The guard's exit from Utah was hastened by his clashes with Jazz coach Jerry Sloan. The two got into an argument on the bench during a Dec. 19 game that led to the player being benched. A week later, he was dealt for Korver.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:02 am
Yeah, word out is that Giricek will sign w/ the Suns after talks of Barry returning back to the Spurs and Cassell joining the Celtics. That was said during the game today.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:53 am
Giricek sucks. The best thing any team can do with him is cut that selfish prick.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:41 pm
TMC wrote:Giricek sucks. The best thing any team can do with him is cut that selfish prick.


:shock: WOW, a little hatred, huh?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:44 am
sleandres wrote:
TMC wrote:Giricek sucks. The best thing any team can do with him is cut that selfish prick.


:shock: WOW, a little hatred, huh?


It's true, though.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 am
xbaywarrior wrote:
sleandres wrote:
TMC wrote:Giricek sucks. The best thing any team can do with him is cut that selfish prick.


:shock: WOW, a little hatred, huh?


It's true, though.


See?. I'm not alone... 8)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests