Game Thread: Seattle SuperSonics @ Warriors 2008-02-26

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors bounce back against the Sonics?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:53 pm

YES
86%
NO
14%

Total votes : 21

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:44 pm
Anyone else a bit...nervous
Go Ham
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:52 pm
Couple quick thoughts before I am off to bed, as well.

1) Croshere had a great game. Nobody saw that coming.
2) Webber hardly played, which shocked me. You guys think he is on his way out or is he here to stay?
3) Wright, though he really played well, rotted on the bench the majority of the game. Great block he had, though. Play of the night.
4) Monta and Baron, again, show that they are one of the best offensive backcourts in the league.
5) Harrington and Jackson... very slow. They both came around a little bit towards the end, but they need more productivity from them if we want to be making a run.

I just wish this game was put away. I dont like close games against sh*tty teams. Not a great sign. Too bad the kids didnt get to play tonight.
Last edited by sfsfsfgiants on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:53 pm
Wright looked a little out of place tonight. :(
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:59 pm
I'm seriously worried, I think Nellie will interpret this as a bad game by BWright and not play him. Hopefully not, though. But don't expect him to start (Webber probably will now).

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: -3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:07 pm
Nice game by Austin Croshere, even though I prefer we rest him for the playoffs. I am the only Warrior fan that is get tired of Jackson and his 1 on 5 drive to the baskets. I can't see how his offensive skills, will ever permit the like of Wright or Biedrins get their fair of touches. Finally, Ellis is easily the most improved Warrior since the beginning of the year, and I guarantee he will be an all-star (well maybe for an Eastern Conference squad) next year ahead of BD and his bricks, yep only 16 bricks tonight.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:25 pm
dareedle wrote:Nice game by Austin Croshere, even though I prefer we rest him for the playoffs.

HAHAHAHAHA....QUOTE OF THE NIGHT!!!!! :mrgreen:
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:46 am
Austin Croshere looked like he was really feeling it tonight...but rest him for the Playoffs :shock: Didn't see that coming even from dareedle :mrgreen:

A rough 1st half, again...but you have to respect what the Warriors did to come back, although I wish they had closed out a little stronger. But at this point a win is a win...especially since the "Lab-Rat" free Rockets won again tonight :banghead:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:25 am
EMan32 wrote:
dareedle wrote:Nice game by Austin Croshere, even though I prefer we rest him for the playoffs.

HAHAHAHAHA....QUOTE OF THE NIGHT!!!!! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

I knew there was some hidden insight somewhere in this thread... :mrgreen:

Missed the game, so I can't comment much. Just glad we won, although it was closer than I expected against a truly bad team.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:57 pm
dareedle wrote:I am the only Warrior fan that is get tired of Jackson and his 1 on 5 drive to the baskets.

Mmm...I think this has pretty much been the sentiment from the entire board the entire year...

dareedle wrote:Finally, Ellis is easily the most improved Warrior since the beginning of the year, and I guarantee he will be an all-star (well maybe for an Eastern Conference squad) next year ahead of BD and his bricks, yep only 16 bricks tonight.

Care to place some money where your mouth is? If it's a guarantee, and I bet you oh, $50 that BD will be an all-star before Ellis, then reason would dictate that you take me up on it...

How about it?
Rookie
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:05 pm
i would make that bet also (monta an all star before baron)

because baron will never be voted into an all star and the coaches will never vote for him...if he couldnt make it this year..he never will

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:21 pm
dubsfan1 wrote:i would make that bet also (monta an all star before baron)

because baron will never be voted into an all star and the coaches will never vote for him...if he couldnt make it this year..he never will

monta will not only be an all star before barron (eventhough baron today is the leader and best player on the team), but monta will be a better player than baron
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Previous

Return to Game Threads