Hall of Fame Bullshit Again

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:24 am
The Basketball Hall of Fame named its Class of 2007 inductees -- and once again Adrian Dantley is not one of its members.

Here is the class:

* Phil Jackson
* the Texas Western team that won the 1966 NCAA title
* Roy Williams
* Van Chancellor
* referee Mendy Rudolph
* international coaches Pedro Ferrandiz and Mirko Novosel

Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture -- NOT ONE OF THESE PEOPLE will be inducted as NBA players; in fact, Jackson is the only one of this class that ever played in the NBA. I mean, what has Dantley done that a freaking WNBA coach (Chancellor) and a Referee were voted in before him?

I feel that it's a joke that in recent years there have been as many college coaches being inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame as NBA players, and international players and coaches seem to have at least as reasonable shots.

This is the second time in three years that not one NBA player has been inducted


This definitely is absolute BS. The NBA needs its own Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21852
» Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:48 am
I agree. It is nice to recognise basketbal outside the nba but the nba is the highest level and should be differentiated. Mullin will get in over the next 3 years
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:39 am
The Hall of Fame is just another political BS parade. This is nothing new.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:13 am
It is ludicrous. NBA needs its own hall.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:38 am
People still cares about THIS hall of fame?
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:50 pm
I find the NFL Hall of Fame more interesting and worth paying attention to. Until the NBA gets its own, then it'd take years for certain deserving players to get in.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:07 am
xbaywarrior wrote:I find the NFL Hall of Fame more interesting and worth paying attention to. Until the NBA gets its own, then it'd take years for certain deserving players to get in.


Yep, seems like it takes a lot more to make it to the NFL Hall of Fame. And you have to have done something in the maximun level of competition, that is, the NFL. Biggest mistake of this one.

All Star
Posts: 2714
» Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:53 pm
migya wrote:I agree. It is nice to recognise basketbal outside the nba but the nba is the highest level and should be differentiated. Mullin will get in over the next 3 years




nellie and mullin will know in one month and one week
any guessing on if one or both will make it in?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:00 am
JOEL wrote:
migya wrote:I agree. It is nice to recognise basketbal outside the nba but the nba is the highest level and should be differentiated. Mullin will get in over the next 3 years




nellie and mullin will know in one month and one week
any guessing on if one or both will make it in?


Both should. But the way this HOF works, who knows?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1266
» Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:29 am
The basketball Hall of Fame is as relevant as the NBA All Star game.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:30 pm
I hate to sound repetitive, but the NBA needs its own HOF
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2557
» Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:43 pm
Mullin and Nellie have stiff competition against Hakeem Olajuwon, Patrick Ewing, Pat Riley, Adrian Dantley, Dennis Johnson. I doubt they'll make it, though I don't know how many people can make it in one year.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest