Game Thread: Atlanta Hawks @ Warriors 2008-02-22

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors be able to take care of the Hawks?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:19 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 26

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:46 am
Brandan Wright +/- +12 highest on the team.

Thank you Chicago.

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:12 am
need to go 6-1 (doable) in the next 7 or many of the post-season hopes will be gone ...

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:47 am
They need to start Wright next game! And he better get at least another 20-25 minutes...Nellie doesn't have a clue how to coach big men!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:52 am
Don Nelson
On tonight's game:
“Well I have no excuses. I did not like our start. I think if we would have had a half like the second half where we really spent a lot of energy and did some things that we do, we would have had a better chance. But I don’t know if it was our night tonight. We didn’t shoot the ball very well, and we probably needed everyone to step up to at least their game or maybe above that. It was a game I was worried about the whole day, and rightly so. They’re very athletic and very good and they deserve a lot of credit, and I thought they played a great game, and took advantage of their strength against us and played like a playoff team.”
“We got down 20 at halftime and we needed to play fast and the only way we were going to win was to try and get in a shootout, which we thought we did in the third quarter, but I don’t know if we had enough energy. Our start was very poor, got us in a hole and it was hard to get out of it. They played a terrific first half, and we didn’t. But there are good things that happen in every game and we got a chance to see Brandan Wright and I thought he played well. For the first time, he played considerable minutes and really did a nice job. He’s been working hard and I said all along we like him. I didn’t know if he would be ready this year, but he may have proved me wrong. I think we maybe should start looking at him a little bit and see what he has to offer. Some of the things he does are things that we need, with Biedrins being out he’ll get a good chance to show us what he’s learned this year.”
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:11 am
Well, what can I say?. There's only one positive point about this game, and that's how good he looked out there. With Beans out, there's no reason to keep him in the bench. I guess (hope) Nellie realized that much with this game.

As for the rest of the game... sucked. If we don't make the playoffs, it won't be because this ain't a good team. It's going to be because all the games we've lost against Chicago, Minnesota and Atlanta. :banghead:

Can't wait to have Jackson and Beans back...
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:33 pm
So I missed the game (but saw the score) and I have it recorded. When did BWright get his minutes? Not sure I want to suffer through the entire game.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:54 am
He played for 25 minutes. late second. 3rd and beg 4th period.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:03 pm
TMC wrote:If we don't make the playoffs, it won't be because this ain't a good team. It's going to be because all the games we've lost against Chicago, Minnesota and Atlanta. :banghead:

I couldn't agree with you more...these games are soooo frustrating.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:22 pm
its hard to understand how we continue to bail on lesser team.
we will come around and hit a nice streak ....WE believe
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:41 pm
Rehren1296 wrote:He played for 25 minutes. late second. 3rd and beg 4th period.

Thanks. I saw it now. He looked good out there. He was kinda lost defensively on a couple of occasions but in general a very good showing.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:11 pm
O.G. Broe wrote:But there are good things that happen in every game and we got a chance to see Brandan Wright and I thought he played well. For the first time, he played considerable minutes and really did a nice job. He’s been working hard and I said all along we like him. I didn’t know if he would be ready this year, but he may have proved me wrong. I think we maybe should start looking at him a little bit and see what he has to offer. Some of the things he does are things that we need, with Biedrins being out he’ll get a good chance to show us what he’s learned this year.”

If this happens, I'll be ecstatic. BWright getting 25 minutes on the regular would be amazing!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:19 am
**** happens...when i was capping the game from nba lp, i had a bad feeling which was confirmed by the loss.
They have to play hard from the beginning not only with the better teams, but also with >500 teams.
In this Western conference every game counts!
Previous

Return to Game Threads