Hockey?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Do you watch hockey?

36%
Yeah, it is a great sport.
4
36%
Sometimes, if it is a good game.
4
27%
No, it sucks.
3

Total votes: 11

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:52 pm
Thunder wrote:Updated and expanded:

Sports: Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey, Tennis, Track, Soccer, Cycling, Boxing/MMA, actual Wrestling, Water Polo, Volleyball, Swimming, and Ninja Warrior (watch Spike for about an hour if you don't know what this is).

Non Sports (recreational activities): Golf, Nascar, Bowling, Poker, Chess, Checkers, Weightlifting, WWE Wrestling, Horse Racing, Luge, Figure Skating, Land Polo, Diving, Surfing, Shuffleboard, Halo, Ballroom Dancing, Hunting, Lumberjack Games, and Badminton. In general, a lot of ESPN 2's programming.

Undecided (in my eyes): Skateboarding, Cricket, and Fencing.


:mrgreen:

Personally, I would call hunting a sport.
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
» Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:05 pm
Thunder wrote:Updated and expanded:

Sports: Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey, Tennis, Track, Soccer, Cycling, Boxing/MMA, actual Wrestling, Water Polo, Volleyball, Swimming, and Ninja Warrior (watch Spike for about an hour if you don't know what this is).

Non Sports (recreational activities): Golf, Nascar, Bowling, Poker, Chess, Checkers, Weightlifting, WWE Wrestling, Horse Racing, Luge, Figure Skating, Land Polo, Diving, Surfing, Shuffleboard, Halo, Ballroom Dancing, Hunting, Lumberjack Games, and Badminton. In general, a lot of ESPN 2's programming.

Undecided (in my eyes): Skateboarding, Cricket, and Fencing.


Thanks, and good man, Thunder. :wink:
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
» Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:10 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote::mrgreen:

Personally, I would call hunting a sport.


Maybe beaver hunting. Becuase the physical activity that results meets Colt’s criteria of sweat and raised heart rate, primarily due to the pneumatic pounding, ass-slapping, head-pulling, headboard-banging, and chandelier swinging routine. :mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:31 pm
CjR wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote::mrgreen:

Personally, I would call hunting a sport.


Maybe beaver hunting. Becuase the physical activity that results meets Colt’s criteria of sweat and raised heart rate, primarily due to the pneumatic pounding, ass-slapping, head-pulling, headboard-banging, and chandelier swinging routine. :mrgreen:

yeah, pretty much, though a sport where both participants are (hopefully) winners...btw, nice pulp fiction avatar :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:35 pm
Thunder wrote:Updated and expanded:

Sports: Basketball, Baseball, Football, Hockey, Tennis, Track, Soccer, Cycling, Boxing/MMA, actual Wrestling, Water Polo, Volleyball, Swimming, and Ninja Warrior (watch Spike for about an hour if you don't know what this is).

Non Sports (recreational activities): Golf, Nascar, Bowling, Poker, Chess, Checkers, Weightlifting, WWE Wrestling, Horse Racing, Luge, Figure Skating, Land Polo, Diving, Surfing, Shuffleboard, Halo, Ballroom Dancing, Hunting, Lumberjack Games, and Badminton. In general, a lot of ESPN 2's programming.

Undecided (in my eyes): Skateboarding, Cricket, and Fencing.

good list - I would add speedskating and skiing under sports, and probably put surfing and luge in there, you have to be in incredible shape to do those, oh, and definitely beaver hunting (ala CJR'ssuggestion) - what about snowboarding and windsurfing and hanggliding?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:19 am
Who said beaver?. Where?. What did I miss? Image

:mrgreen:
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
» Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:40 pm
coltraning wrote:
CjR wrote:
sfsfsfgiants wrote::mrgreen:

Personally, I would call hunting a sport.


Maybe beaver hunting. Becuase the physical activity that results meets Colt’s criteria of sweat and raised heart rate, primarily due to the pneumatic pounding, ass-slapping, head-pulling, headboard-banging, and chandelier swinging routine. :mrgreen:

yeah, pretty much, though a sport where both participants are (hopefully) winners...btw, nice pulp fiction avatar :wink:


Thanks, Colt. Definitely, when it’s my hunting sport, both participants are always winners; I take great pride in that (even though I get outscored in the end). :wink:
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
» Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 pm
TMC wrote:Who said beaver?. Where?. What did I miss? Image

:mrgreen:


Too funny, TMC. :mrgreen: Want that beaver shaved or el naturale?

Here's a beaver hunting lesson, if you haven't seen it already:

An 80-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up. The doctor asked him how he was feeling and the 80-year-old said, "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that?" The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began to tell a story. "I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season. One day when he was setting off hunting, he was in a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. As he neared a lake he came across a very large beaver sitting at the water's edge. He realized he'd left his gun at home and so couldn't shoot the magnificent creature but out of habit he raised his cane, aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went 'bang, bang!'. Miraculously, he also heard two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. Now, what do you think of that?" asked the doctor. The 80-year-old said, "If you ask me, I'd say somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver." The doctor replied, "My point exactly." :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:44 am
CjR wrote:An 80-year-old man went to his doctor for his quarterly check-up. The doctor asked him how he was feeling and the 80-year-old said, "Things are great and I've never felt better. I now have a 20 year-old bride who is pregnant with my child. So what do you think about that?" The doctor considered his question for a minute and then began to tell a story. "I have an older friend, much like you, who is an avid hunter and never misses a season. One day when he was setting off hunting, he was in a bit of a hurry and accidentally picked up his walking cane instead of his gun. As he neared a lake he came across a very large beaver sitting at the water's edge. He realized he'd left his gun at home and so couldn't shoot the magnificent creature but out of habit he raised his cane, aimed it at the animal as if it were his favorite hunting rifle and went 'bang, bang!'. Miraculously, he also heard two shots rang out and the beaver fell over dead. Now, what do you think of that?" asked the doctor. The 80-year-old said, "If you ask me, I'd say somebody else pumped a couple of rounds into that beaver." The doctor replied, "My point exactly." :mrgreen:


:mrgreen:

Beaver hunting. What a wonderful sport!!!

Rookie
Posts: 49
» Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:22 am
i love hockey, im a big fan of the sharks... hockey players are the most athletic players... watch the game and you'll know why... it is a very tiring sport thats why players stay on the ice for an average of 2-3 mins at a time... and when youre on the ice, youre constantly getting hit by other bodies... and skating with hockey sticks the whole time isnt very comfortable... but of course, basketball comes first for me.. its the sport i play and watch...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:56 am
I am more of a Sharks fan than a hockey fan. However constant action, and scoring more often with updated rules are amking it more appealing. I follow all Bay Area aports, its easy to like the Sharks. They are well ran, have a GREAT fan base, the atmosphere at the games, and Joe Thornton. THe Warriors and the Sharks are all we have ahd to cheer about in the Bay Sports scene latley...
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:29 am
I thought I would bring this topic back in honor of the Sharks finally winning a game 8)
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 5705
» Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:18 pm
sleandres wrote:I thought I would bring this topic back in honor of the Sharks finally winning a game 8)


:shock: They still play? :shock: :wink:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1558
» Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:05 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
sleandres wrote:I thought I would bring this topic back in honor of the Sharks finally winning a game 8)


:shock: They still play? :shock: :wink:


Well I know a guy named Thornton does, but I don't know about the rest of em :mrgreen:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests