Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:21 am
That is not a good thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:59 am
No, it's not... but I wouldn't be surprised. After flipping in New Orleans, we know he's capable of throwing fits that effect his play (especially when it comes to the coach). The last thing we want is for Baron to turn it off because he has a disagreement with Mike Montgomery. It wouldn't shock me to find out Monty's been holding back because of direction from the office.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:13 am
If Baron Davis is truly like that, then I would not want him to stay. Better off trading him now and not saying anything about his power control issues. If that really is the case then the Warriors will never be anywhere near as successful as they could be with Baron.

Noone wants to feel like they submissive to anyone, especially someone who has the same job they do!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:52 am
... I, for one, say he's worth it after all he's done so far (and he hasn't created any problems yet... thats just a theory of mine). The attitude problems were something we knew we'd get into upon trading for him. It was why we got him so cheap to begin with.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:34 am
migya wrote:If Baron Davis is truly like that, then I would not want him to stay. Better off trading him now and not saying anything about his power control issues. If that really is the case then the Warriors will never be anywhere near as successful as they could be with Baron.

See we won't be able to see how the Warriors really are until they start losing. How many ppl give up and go on the "injury list". I'd like to stay with this team and see how far they can go into the regular season, though there are a few things I wish were better..

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:35 pm
migya wrote:If Baron Davis is truly like that, then I would not want him to stay. Better off trading him now and not saying anything about his power control issues. If that really is the case then the Warriors will never be anywhere near as successful as they could be with Baron.

Noone wants to feel like they submissive to anyone, especially someone who has the same job they do!

Yeah, I also feel that way about that situation, but most stars have those same issues, most of them want to be the man, to get all the glory for thamselves (see Joe Johnson defection to the Hawks, he would have had the same contract in Phoenix, and he'd play for a contender. So he chooses Atlanta?, please,... It wasn't his brain, it was his ego who decided).

There are exceptions, like Duncan, but no team will ever trade one of those, we got Baron because he had character issues. So what?. Bottom line is we're a better team with him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:23 pm
True, but I think the issue at stake is whether or not those issues are going to resurface in Golden State. My bet is that they wont (and if they do, they wont show their face as often). Baron Davis has called Golden State "a team that he wants to be on," whereas his 1st priority was leaving New Orleans. Davis' issues will only resurface if we trade away his supporting cast and ruin his chances at winning; in which case, I wouldn't blame him for being upset.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:48 pm
Yeah, those issues use to appear on losing teams, so as long as the team's winning, there won't be any problems (or they'll be covered)...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:59 pm
Player32 wrote:Baron Davis has called Golden State "a team that he wants to be on," whereas his 1st priority was leaving New Orleans. Davis' issues will only resurface if we trade away his supporting cast and ruin his chances at winning; in which case, I wouldn't blame him for being upset.

That was the problem in N.O. the managment was not trying to get better. Davis tried for a few years to help that organzation. When he saw they were not as commited as he was he was fed-up. Maybe he did not handle it the best way but who knows how long it was really going on there. I know one thing when he came to the Warriors he started off playing hurt.

Him being a vocal leader is good for the team JR is not that type of player and Fisher is not good enough. This team needs somone who is vocal. The person who might have the biggest problem with it is Pietrus but they get along very well off the court. Baron also gets along with the other teamates as well off the court. I see no problem with him and his teamates and the coaches. Remeber is likes basketball and how it should be played. He not like Steve Francis who is all about street ball Davis will reward players who make a play on the defensive end, he will look to play solid basketball and will look for insight from Montgomery not fight with him.

Lets all not start to overreact.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:04 pm
lordsofacid once again you are on the $$$ ....The word trade and Barons name shouldnt even be in the same sentence right now :banghead: leaders lead and winners follow and win :!:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:43 pm
I agree... Baron leaving would be the worst possible thing for us at this point (aside from Mullin leaving the organization, but I think thats less likely). Just because he got frustrated in the bayou doesn't mean he's not a good player for us.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:51 am
Yeah, there's always two sides of a coin. Maybe Baron didn't act like he should in N.O., but neither did the management.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:45 am
Oh, I totally agree... I'm just saying, if we know Baron's capable of acting like that, we can't ever count it out...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:21 am
Every player is able to act like that when they feel they don't have a fair treatment. It's a non-issue till it happens.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:32 am
Well (in Baron's career) it's happened... so that makes it an issue that the Warriors should be aware of.
Previous

Return to Game Threads