What Do You Think The Warriors Record Will Be?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Playoffs?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:52 pm
Sleepyfloyd ,some people LOVE TO HATE :evil:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:32 pm
sleepyfloyd wrote:on this site i see much more love for an unproven entity who's had a rough training camp in Ike than Mike D who's having a great preseason. I guess its easy to root for the unknown. Ike could be the next brand but he could also be the next corlis williamson. Obviously, I hope that he's great, but why he'd be more essential the Biedrins or the favorite warrior baffles me.

Ha i totally agree, But it's got something to do with the Marc Jackson or Gilbert Arenas syndrome. Warriors have been phenominal with rag to riches kind of stories. Our player development the last 10 years has been extroadinary but people seem to forget that it has to do with Warriors injuries and overall talent ( There's plenty of minutes for the rookies and Projects )

Do you think Gilbert Arenas would have been half the player he was playing on a Spurs or Mavericks bench. He would have got minutes but not JUSTIFIED minutes. I mean Gilbert Arenas just had to prove he was better then Sura and that's when he blew up.

I hope Biedrins, Pietrus and Diogu all blow up and have amazing careers with the Warriors. But they need to earn there stripes and they can't just get minutes thrown at them for there own personal development if it means the sake of our team losing. Then i am not for it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:48 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:on this site i see much more love for an unproven entity who's had a rough training camp in Ike than Mike D who's having a great preseason. I guess its easy to root for the unknown. Ike could be the next brand but he could also be the next corlis williamson. Obviously, I hope that he's great, but why he'd be more essential the Biedrins or the favorite warrior baffles me.

We've been disappointed with Dunleavy, thus the hating. Ike is the new hope, and exactly what this team needs, an inside scoring option. We have the rebounder (Murphy), the shot-blocker (Foyle), and an unproven guy with potential but whose main flaw may be his offense (till now) in Biedrins. Ike's the only legit scoring option in the paint.

Now, if we can only learn some defense... Watch out.

O.G pawnograffiti wrote:I hope Biedrins, Pietrus and Diogu all blow up and have amazing careers with the Warriors. But they need to earn there stripes and they can't just get minutes thrown at them for there own personal development if it means the sake of our team losing. Then i am not for it.

That's why most of those guys should play backup roles this season. At least until they show they're ready for better things.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:50 am

Reason why so many are excited about Ike Diogu is because he has been scouted as having the total package - Inside scoring, jump shot, rebounding and shot blocking - All these things, especially the inside scoring and shot blocking are needs for the Warriors! Noone on this team is a real inside scorer and only Foyle and Biedrins are real shot blockers. Biedrins unfortunately, doesn't get much court time, so only Foyle really gives the Warriors much interior defense.

With the team the Warriors have at the moment, if Diogu becomes like Brand the Warriors will be the best in the nba!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:37 am
Whoa, whoa, guys...

I'd hardly say I'm "hating" for partially agreeing with sleepyfloyd... I mean, Dunleavy IS playing well and Diogu HASN'T proven anything yet... so placing his value above Mike's isn't right at this time.

Anybody who responds with "Mike hasn't shown anything either, screw Mike D, trade the punk, blah blah blah" isn't a real Warriors fan. He's playing well, so I'm standing behind him. Saying something like, "He needs to get 18 points a game for the next 3 seasons, plus hitting key clutch shots, not getting injured, and nailing 50% from 3-point land before I believe in him" is asking too much. Shawn Marion averages around 18 points a year. Asking Mike Dunleavy to become a star before you trust his game is too much.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:15 pm
I'll support Mike D once he stars playing well in regular season, not before. So far he's been a dissapointment.

So it could be argued he has "earned this hating"; he'll have to get rid of it just playing well, not necessarily star numbers, but solid. If he does, I'll quit hating.

But that doesn't mean we're not real Warriors fans. Quite the contrary, I'd like him to do well, but if he doesn't, he'll be criticized. He's not free of that just for playing for the team we root for.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:48 pm
see Player32 that is the diference right there ,you are not a big Dun Jr fan but you are A Warrior fan ,so you are A Jr supporter and not HATER/ BASHER.... you see Jr is making some strides and understand that with SOME players It takes patience and development for a player to reach their potential :!: also you are realistic about expectations and understand what Jr can bring to this team besides the stat sheet but not to say he still doesn't have to become a better defender and more consistent but let's hope his more aggresive attitude is a sign of good things to come for the future :!: remember J Rich also had his defensive defiency's and now is a better defender but still has a way's to go , both players are young and improving before our very eyes :D

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:48 pm
hey whos the one that voted no for the warriors going to the playoffs
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:36 pm
I dunno... probably the Denver punk who worships Nene...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:33 am
TMC wrote:I'll support Mike D once he stars playing well in regular season, not before. So far he's been a dissapointment.

So it could be argued he has "earned this hating"; he'll have to get rid of it just playing well, not necessarily star numbers, but solid. If he does, I'll quit hating.

But that doesn't mean we're not real Warriors fans. Quite the contrary, I'd like him to do well, but if he doesn't, he'll be criticized. He's not free of that just for playing for the team we root for.

You said it all..............................................

Take a bow my good man :D

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:13 am
All I'm saying is that looking on the bright side of things was hard enough during the 11-year drought... but now that things are starting to finally go good for us, being optomistic is no longer a hopeless lie to yourself... it's probable cause for celebration. And many of you guys aren't giving Dunleavy the bennefit of the doubt when it comes to improvement. It seems as though EVERYBODY else on this team gets all the room in the world for development; Pietrus is gonna be a star, Biedrins will be a Top 5 center, Ike is going to be a huge post threat and shot blocker... but Mike Dunleavy (who's only coming into his 4th year) has NO room to improve, according to you guys? That's wrong.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:48 pm
migya wrote:
You said it all..............................................

Take a bow my good man :D

:headbang:

And I'm not high in everybody but Dunleavy, I've got my doubts about Zarko, Taft or Ellis, but they still haven't played enough to have a valid opinion about them. Dunleavy has been a starter since Jamison left, he had time and the chance to evolve and didn't do it. It's not the same situation.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for him during the games, hoping he gets better.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:39 pm
TMC wrote:Dunleavy has been a starter since Jamison left, he had time and the chance to evolve and didn't do it.

You wouldn't say that the departure of Jamison rushed Dunleavy into a starting role too soon? I think so! Even last season, Mike looked way too green to be starting on the Warriors! However, during this preseason, he's shown a different attitude; he's more aggressive and more selfish and a better NBA style player. Doesn't that make him more dangerous or are you guys looking so far down the line at players like Ike and Biedrins that you've forgotten about the real people that could very well have breakout seasons THIS year???

We keep talking about how Pietrus and Ellis and Taft might break out someday... well, Dunleavy's time is now. This is his season to explode. And nobody's excited about it?!? I shudder to think of what happens before Ike's 4th season when we draft somebody that the board calls "A true center who will immediately help the rebounding on the team!"... come on, guys. Stop looking SO FAR ahead that you forget the present. Junior's season is coming and none of you are gonna admit it until after it happens!

I only say some people are unfaithful Warrior fans because they sit on the fence and wait it out until someone proves that their a star (or they just dream about future stars that could become great players years from now), instead of rallying behind the young talent that's proving itself now. Troy Murphy had a career season last year and when I got to the board, mostly everybody still hated him and ripped on his defense! Jason Richardson bolstered his scoring average from a mere 17 points to 21 points a night! People here still complain that "he can't take opponents off the dribble or defend well enough or have a good enough field goal %"! Even Adonal Foyle bounced back from an injury plagued season and grabbed 2 more boards with double the blocked shots per game, and you people all but send him to the electric chair! Why? Because he has an extra zero on his contract that you don't agree with? Quit living in the clouds with stories about what Mickael, Andris, or Ike could possibly, someday evolve into what might be "stars" and show a little more love towards your starting lineup, people. They wouldn't be in there if they weren't the best we got at this time right now. You claim that you're Warriors fans. Start acting like it.

This is not directed at TMC or migya or anybody in specific, as I'm sure you're all Golden State's finest. This is just a little frustration from a guy who's tired of hearing ESPN shrug off the Warriors and rip on their players. Why supposedly get it from Warrior fans as well?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:18 pm
Player32 wrote:You wouldn't say that the departure of Jamison rushed Dunleavy into a starting role too soon? I think so! Even last season, Mike looked way too green to be starting on the Warriors! However, during this preseason, he's shown a different attitude; he's more aggressive and more selfish and a better NBA style player. Doesn't that make him more dangerous or are you guys looking so far down the line at players like Ike and Biedrins that you've forgotten about the real people that could very well have breakout seasons THIS year???

Um, maybe. But he had a season under Jamison and came from a top program in Duke. He wasn't a high school kid overwhelmed by the NBA. He should've been more ready than the average guy in his position, but there's a chance he wasn't. I don't really know. You may have a point there.

Player32 wrote:We keep talking about how Pietrus and Ellis and Taft might break out someday... well, Dunleavy's time is now. This is his season to explode. And nobody's excited about it?!? I shudder to think of what happens before Ike's 4th season when we draft somebody that the board calls "A true center who will immediately help the rebounding on the team!"... come on, guys. Stop looking SO FAR ahead that you forget the present. Junior's season is coming and none of you are gonna admit it until after it happens!

Let it happen first. What we've been saying is that we don't believe it will happen, based on his performance till now, but if it does, great. We're not closed to that possibility.

Player32 wrote:I only say some people are unfaithful Warrior fans because they sit on the fence and wait it out until someone proves that their a star (or they just dream about future stars that could become great players years from now), instead of rallying behind the young talent that's proving itself now. Troy Murphy had a career season last year and when I got to the board, mostly everybody still hated him and ripped on his defense! Jason Richardson bolstered his scoring average from a mere 17 points to 21 points a night! People here still complain that "he can't take opponents off the dribble or defend well enough or have a good enough field goal %"! Even Adonal Foyle bounced back from an injury plagued season and grabbed 2 more boards with double the blocked shots per game, and you people all but send him to the electric chair! Why? Because he has an extra zero on his contract that you don't agree with? Quit living in the clouds with stories about what Mickael, Andris, or Ike could possibly, someday evolve into what might be "stars" and show a little more love towards your starting lineup, people. They wouldn't be in there if they weren't the best we got at this time right now. You claim that you're Warriors fans. Start acting like it.

This is not directed at TMC or migya or anybody in specific, as I'm sure you're all Golden State's finest. This is just a little frustration from a guy who's tired of hearing ESPN shrug off the Warriors and rip on their players. Why supposedly get it from Warrior fans as well?

Maybe we're cynic about some players but that's because we're as tired of losing as anyone, we've been supporting youth movements since the Run TMC, and we're desperate to have a great team once and for all.

So part of this "hate" comes from frustration, and it happens to every team. But hey, that shows we're truly great fans, if not, we would have change allegiance years ago.

So let's hope for the best this upcoming season. At least, it seems like we're finally going somewhere.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:40 pm
player32 your frustration has been mine but truth will be told this year , that and the playoffs I guarantee :!: The original O.G.has spoken and my word is born :happy3:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball