Sonics
No votes
Warriors
100%

Total votes : 9

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:51 pm
I dont need the radio or television for this game, I'm going. too bad you all can't be as lucky as me. HAHAHA

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:39 pm
I will there as well. Should be fun.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:14 am
You LUCKY bastards! Have fun!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:27 pm
I'll be in da building 8)
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:33 pm
Is it going to be shown anywhere?

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:24 pm
at least they were hittin from the line 8)

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:36 pm
Warriors lose 108 to 95 , Murph sat out (stomach flu) and Foyle (knee tendinitus) . Baron couldn't get any shots to fall 1-12 , Taft looked a little lost on defensive rotations, Beidrins was active and fisher looked good but pietrus was on the wild side with 3 turnovers , Dun Jr was agressive going to the basket and finished with 12 points 8 reb no turnovers but not a factor and miles had 4 assist's in 14 minutes the boy can break down the 'D' looks like he will make the squad :!: this game shows the Warriors they can't just expect to win at home without bringing IT ...although thier front court was short handed but others have to step up.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:21 am
Biedrins line looks decent:

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

32 4-6 0-0 0-0 5 7 12 2 0 2 3 2 8

Seems like he was able to cut his fouls and play significant minutes.
Last edited by TMC on Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:09 am
TMC wrote:Biedrins line looks decent:

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

32 4-6 0-0 0-0 5 7 12 2 0 2 3 2 8

Seems like he was able to cut his faults and play significant minutes.

He was able to not foul as much and managed to get the sort of minutes he could always be getting.

The rebounding is GREAT but he got too many turnovers and he HAS to score more than that! 8 points for him is just not going to be enough for the amount of minutes he got! Foyle could almost do that regularly with that many minutes!

Biedrins has to attack the basket more and get to the foul line! He didn't shoot any freethrows and that is something that the Warriros need - A big guy that can draw fouls and double teams

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:16 am
He only shot 6 times, I don't think the team was running any plays for him. The line is good, remember he's still 19 and learning the ropes of the position.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:45 am
Yeah, I just really think this guy could be the center for the next 15 - 20 years. I really think that he can do better now and if he does he will be given the chance to play over 30mins and the Warriors could be really good this season, more so than what they already could be

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:24 am
I was at the game and saw a side of Baron that makes me nervous. He seems to get on his teamates when they don't play well (which is good), but when he has a bad night like last night he gets in the face of the other teams PG (luke was out playing him) and tried to jack up to many long range shots.
A good player goes back to the fundamentals when having a bad night - it seemed like Baron kind of threw in the towel. I know its only preseason but the whole display recalled some of the criticisms oh him in new orleans.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:58 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:I was at the game and saw a side of Baron that makes me nervous. He seems to get on his teammates when they don't play well (which is good), but when he has a bad night like last night he gets in the face of the other teams PG (luke was out playing him) and tried to jack up to many long range shots.
A good player goes back to the fundamentals when having a bad night - it seemed like Baron kind of threw in the towel. I know its only preseason but the whole display recalled some of the criticisms oh him in new orleans.

I think Baron was more trying to tell his teammates where to go on defense more then getting upset at them. He did that a lot last year and if you recall the team as a whole said they liked having a vocal leader. Hopefully it stays that way.

I also agree with you on how he will go at the other PG just to try to prove he is better. But I will remind you of the Spurs game last year where he and Tony Parker went toe-to-toe. Then again the Warriors did lose that game. Last night all the Warriors were having a bad shooting night.

Something I saw last night that made me nervous is at time they just started shooting three after three without even trying to go inside. That has got to stop.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:13 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:I was at the game and saw a side of Baron that makes me nervous. He seems to get on his teammates when they don't play well (which is good), but when he has a bad night like last night he gets in the face of the other teams PG (luke was out playing him) and tried to jack up to many long range shots.

Lordsofacid wrote:Something I saw last night that made me nervous is at time they just started shooting three after three without even trying to go inside. That has got to stop.

And both of these should be solved by Monty, he's the one that should calm Baron (who was given too much leeway in New Orleans) and adjust the team offense. But Baron will be fine, I'm more nervous about the team turning too much to the threes.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:45 am
Monty's probably scared to even speak to Baron...

After the fiasco in New Orleans, the Golden State organization probably told Monty to just back off and let him do his thing or else he'll just get pissed at the coach... which sucks, but you dont wanna irk the star...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Next

Return to Game Threads