warriors/nuggets/artest

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:29 am
PVWarriorFan wrote:That would be terrible. Just plain terrible what ever happened to the rule don't trade within your conference? I think we need to take a page out of the fantasy leaguebook and enforce vetoing trades. All this crap is ridiculous.

the league actually does have power to veto trades (not team managers or other team personel..league office people). i just really dont understand why they allowed the gasol trade to go through. but whatevs...apparently its gotta be a REALLY SUPER absurd trade for it to be vetoed
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:32 am
EMan32 wrote:
PVWarriorFan wrote:That would be terrible. Just plain terrible what ever happened to the rule don't trade within your conference? I think we need to take a page out of the fantasy leaguebook and enforce vetoing trades. All this crap is ridiculous.

the league actually does have power to veto trades (not team managers or other team personel..league office people). i just really dont understand why they allowed the gasol trade to go through. but whatevs...apparently its gotta be a REALLY SUPER absurd trade for it to be vetoed

It's never used unless a player is seriously injured and on the books for several years... Situations like that. So, yeah, Stern has veto power, but he's never used it in recent times.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:35 am
TMC wrote:
EMan32 wrote:

It's never used unless a player is seriously injured and on the books for several years... Situations like that. So, yeah, Stern has veto power, but he's never used it in recent times.

And that's how it should be

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:53 am
Good to know, thanks for that input.
DUBBBIN’ !
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:29 am
TMC wrote:A line caught my eye...

It's not like the Warriors' reputation is on the line. They can't lose respect they don't have.

:shock: And this guy is a Warriors fan?. I mean... for real?

Welcome to Bay Area sports journalism. :wink:

I can't read the papers around here because nobody's opinion is anything but alarmist mentality. Panicking about the talent level, complaining about ANYTHING they can complain about, and selling the team short on a constant basis. Anybody who likes using the buzz word "homer" doesn't need to worry in the Bay; our sports journalists HATE every team we have, from the 49ers to the Raiders to the Warriors to the Giants. Seriously, I think the only team they like is the A's. No joke.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to News Articles